Meeting my recruiter
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member Pandza03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question Meeting my recruiter

Evening everyone.
    I'm going to meet up with a Recruiter during my lunch period at school tommrow. I know the base of what i am going to ask, but are there any questions i should be sure to ask him? Just trying to get some tips from
    you all out there. Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

The ball is in your park, fire away.

Credits
    Savings
    Heh
    I look forward to doing so Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Pandza03 View Post
    Evening everyone.
    I'm going to meet up with a Recruiter during my lunch period at school tommrow. I know the base of what i am going to ask, but are there any questions i should be sure to ask him? Just trying to get some tips from
    you all out there. Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BE SURE TO ASK WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY AND HOW EVERYTHING WORKS AND WHERE EVERYTHING GOES AND EXACTLY HOW YOU TIE INTO EVERYTHING...!!!!!!!! TELL HIM TO BREAK OUT THE CRAYONS IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND....!!

Don't let him pressure you to do anything you don't feel comfortable doing. I rode the fence on enlisting for over a year and a half with my recruiter calling almost once a week. If you don't feel like signing up right then, make it perfectly clear that you are not going to do it. Recruiters can be relentless, just stick to your guns and get the information you need

Credits
    Savings
    Very helpful, guys.
    Thank you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A few questions,,,,,
    Ask him why the Air Force has better schools.
    Ask him why the Army has better equipment.
    Ask him why the Navy has better pay. [faster rank = better pay]
    Ask him why the National Guard has a huge sign up bonus.

Or, better yet, ask him why he joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie0417 View Post
    Don't let him pressure you to do anything you don't feel comfortable doing. I rode the fence on enlisting for over a year and a half with my recruiter calling almost once a week. If you don't feel like signing up right then, make it perfectly clear that you are not going to do it. Recruiters can be relentless, just stick to your guns and get the information you need
    Just out of curiosity, why did you "ride the fence" for a year and a half? What exactly did you accomplish by doing so? And how does this relate to the young man's question?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    A few questions,,,,,
    Ask him why the Air Force has better schools.
    Ask him why the Army has better equipment.
    Ask him why the Navy has better pay. [faster rank = better pay]
    Ask him why the National Guard has a huge sign up bonus.

Or, better yet, ask him why he joined.
    These are all good questions to ask a Marine Recruiter. In addition, tell him/her what YOU can do for the Marine Corps. A face-to-face meeting isn't all about the prospective applicant. It's a time for the Recruiter to "feel out" the young man/woman to see if they even have what it takes to be a Marine.

SupChf, I rode the fence on enlisting because I wanted to make sure that I was 100% committed to join the Marine Corps. I didn't want to feel pressured into joining and then perhaps regret it later down the road. Even though my recruiter knew my stance on the matter, he still called all the time pressuring me more and more. I should have explained it better, but what I wanted to say was make sure that if he was going to make the committment, only do so he if he was absolutely sure that that's what he wanted to do

Don't forget to ask him to show you the fine print.. Everyone misses that part. Somewhere in there it mentions something about PVT's - LCpl have to do this rediculous amount of field daying, and stand in looong pointless formations... LMFAO

---Sarcasm----

Serously though. I guess its normal for people to feal nervous when talking to a recruiter, after all this is a huge step in life. However. Make sure you know everything that you need to. No question is a stupid question when it comes to the rest of your life. If your not sure about something, ask. Make sure you have everything on that contract, that you agreed on with the recruiter, before you sign it as well. I would try to see what he thinks is the best MOS for cavilian life, so this way you have experience for something when you get out.

Haha Mindgame, the first time we field dayed I was ****ed. We failed our first inspection like 3 times so we field dayed 3 nights in a row. I wrote my recruiter telling him thanks for the heads up on how much cleaning I'd be doing

PFC=Perfect For Cleaning

Thread Information