A few questions
Create Post

Thread: A few questions

A few questions

I've been reading on here for a couple weeks and just decided to register so I could ask a few of my own questions... First off what are some good exercises to help with your pull-ups and running time?

Second, what is the actual possibility of moving your ship date up because my recruiter told me that I wouldn't ship because of my 02 MOS until October, but said it was a big possibility that something would open up in July or August... anybody know anything about that?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXpectations View Post
    I've been reading on here for a couple weeks and just decided to register so I could ask a few of my own questions... First off what are some good exercises to help with your pull-ups and running time?

Second, what is the actual possibility of moving your ship date up because my recruiter told me that I wouldn't ship because of my 02 MOS until October, but said it was a big possibility that something would open up in July or August... anybody know anything about that?
    I have been chastised for not showing proper respect to poolees, but you say you have been reading on here for a couple of weeks.

It is quite obvious that reading the site rules and filling out a proper profile were glazed over -
    About TheXpectations
    What is your ship date?
    10/11/09
    Recruiter's name and rank?
    SSgt. Joshua Sims
    Recruiters phone number?
    334-799-9088
    ... and methinks you missed the posts where it quite clearly says the search function will get you more answers than you can handle.

Please make note, this is all my humble and respectful opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    I have been chastised for not showing proper respect to poolees, but you say you have been reading on here for a couple of weeks.

It is quite obvious that reading the site rules and filling out a proper profile were glazed over -

... and methinks you missed the posts where it quite clearly says the search function will get you more answers than you can handle.

Please make note, this is all my humble and respectful opinion.
    Thanks Marine, I didn't see anything about the search function, but will use it a lot in the upcoming months and my profile is completed. My apologies for not paying enough attention.

In recruit training we'd do something called PU/SI/PU right before hygeine/square-away time. Max set pullups, max set pushups. Repeat for about 10 minutes. Then go do max crunches in 2:00, rest, max crunches in 1:00, rest, max crunches in 30s. The entire thing takes like 15 minutes but as long one is honest about slaying themselves, it turns out to be a pretty solid boost.

Me, I've never been one for body exercises, always liked free weights. Different presses will help develop your shoulders, back, and biceps. I've gained more from using weights than from just outright pullups. In fact, the past 2 weeks I haven't done anything but Marine Corps PT cause I've been on such a tight schedule, and my pullups went down. People say weights don't help as much, but I disagree. Then again, everyones body reacts differently to different exercises and having an effective workout that targets the key areas you use for pullups is what is key to getting a good boost. I spent most of bootcamp doing only 3 pullups, my final PFT I did 7, and now I'm right around 11 or 12.

Working your shoulders and back are your golden tickets on pull ups. Lat pull downs are a great exercise along with rows and of course, pull ups themselves.

Thread Information