Proud parent of a U.S. Marine sticker?
Create Post

Proud parent of a U.S. Marine sticker?

Hello, Marines! On Monday, I was sworn in at MEPS. When I was done, we got a "Welcome Aboard Briefing." When we were done with the briefing, we got USMC shirts and a tin with various things in it. Inside the tin, there were books, pamphlets, etc. about how to train for bootcamp and what not. Also inside the tin, there were two stickers...one had the EGA and said "United States Marine Corps", and the other had the EGA and said "Proud Parent of a U.S. Marine." We are not Marines,yet, so I was just wondering why they would give us that sticker. Thanks, Marines!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bballbrad22 View Post
    Hello, Marines! On Monday, I was sworn in at MEPS. When I was done, we got a "Welcome Aboard Briefing." When we were done with the briefing, we got USMC shirts and a tin with various things in it. Inside the tin, there were books, pamphlets, etc. about how to train for bootcamp and what not. Also inside the tin, there were two stickers...one had the EGA and said "United States Marine Corps", and the other had the EGA and said "Proud Parent of a U.S. Marine." We are not Marines,yet, so I was just wondering why they would give us that sticker. Thanks, Marines!

One word: Advertising.

Don't forget to add your ship date to your profile and good luck.

Any Vietnam Marines that served in Danang, South Vietnam from July 1967-Aug1968 with Casualty Reporting/Graves registration with the 1st MarDiv. I was body bagging and also going on Operations to retrieve wounded or KIA as an 18 year old Marine. Because of my MOS, the VA refuses to give me creditibility because I was not awarded the combat action ribbon. I have supporting documentation, christ my own recruiter saw what I was assigned to and doing in Vietnam and apparently that is not enough for the VA, plus also a support statement from a friend a marine, who was also there with me, he got 80% off the bat and he was in Communications, me something I was not properly trained for.....I was in administration back then 0141, my buddy could not believe it, the MOS for graves registration in the corps is 9051. Needless to say I am having hell with the VA, I was awarded 30% ptsd.

edelapaz710, your reply may be in the wrong place

They want you to wear the t-shirt when checking into bootcamp thats why they gave it to you, the stickers are to be put on your car when you get back from bootcamp a Marine. GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    They want you to wear the t-shirt when checking into bootcamp thats why they gave it to you, the stickers are to be put on your car when you get back from bootcamp a Marine. GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Thank you! And they told us the t-shirt was for PT with our recruiting station.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you! And they told us the t-shirt was for PT with our recruiting station.
    It is, but you can wear it to boot and put the USMC sticker on your chest, under the USMC shirt.

You will draw attention and make guide in no time.

Our Guide actually had the sticker on his ass upon arrival. I wish I had thought of that.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    It is, but you can wear it to boot and put the USMC sticker on your chest, under the USMC shirt.

You will draw attention and make guide in no time.
    bwahahahaha

Thread Information