Married at boot
Create Post

Thread: Married at boot

Exclamation Married at boot

Has anyone gone to Boot with a Wife of a Wife and Kid. I have a wife and son and i am going to PI for boot i here that you can get targeted because of it aka if you where your wedding ring and so on. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has bin in my shoes. And also can you set up a joint bank account so that my wife can access my pay as well.
    Thank you Marine, I cant wait to earn that title!

Credits
    Savings
    both of you will be better off if they stay near or with family while you are in boot

she is going to stay with her mom and day when i am gone thank you sir

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    There are threads in the Poolee Forum or Ask A Marine about the pay issue and sending some home to your wife and child for support......

Check with the recruiter on this.

As far as your wedding band goes.....if it hasn't changed.....you will be able to have it in your possesion in your footlocker.

When I went through all recruits had a valuble sock in the footlocker and the married recruits put their wedding band in there until graduation morning and becoming a Marine after leaving the parade deck grinder...

This is a matter of safety while in boot camp so you don't rip your finger off while climbing the rope....obstacle course ect.

When you go to school and hit the fleet you can wear your band.....allot of married Marines in the grunts used to secure them to the dog tag chain...

Depending on your MOS it maybe considered a safety issue depending on what you are working around.....

Usally your command will let you know......

You might also consider a power of attorney just in case.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by elliscraig12 View Post
    You might also consider a power of attorney just in case.
    how do i go about that

Quote Originally Posted by crodgers4101 View Post
    how do i go about that
    Talk to your recruiter. It's basically a form that lets your wife legally sign papers for you. Ask if you can talk to a legal officer to determine if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by elliscraig12 View Post
    Talk to your recruiter. It's basically a form that lets your wife legally sign papers for you. Ask if you can talk to a legal officer to determine if you need one.
    will do sir now i think i may have set something like that up at meps. Is this something that she is going to sign too?

Quote Originally Posted by crodgers4101 View Post
    will do sir now i think i may have set something like that up at meps. Is this something that she is going to sign too?
    Probably, just so she understands it. You have a kid and kids get sick, I know I have one. You'll only be gone for a few months and I doubt you'll need it, but it's nice to have just in case. Units usually have their married people do this prior to deployments. My brother is a submariner and he would give my dad one before he shipped out just in case. It can have multiple purposes like paying bills and stuff. Your recruiter can give you more info on it.

You can wear it in boot camp. They will tell you to take it off for certain things (MCMAP, O-Course, etc). If it's some 2K diamond ring I wouldn't even wear it at all. It's going to get scratched/tarnished.

Will you be targeted? Probably not, but maybe. Just like anything else, if you're hairy, if you look 12, if you're fat, if you're white/black/asian etc. Who cares though? It's fun. Enjoy.

I am going to enjoy every min. of it

You may get picked on once or twice in first phase, but we had a guy that was both married and former service (he was in the Army), and he never got **** for it after the first week, atleast not that I ever saw. and even if you don't wear your band, they'll still know that you're married

Here's a link that will tell you more about the Marine Power of Attorney:

http://www.marines.mil/unit/26thmeu/Pages/legal/poa.aspx

This will tell you what you need to know about them. I would recommend you get familiar with the legal offices, as being married in the Marine Corps often envolves many legalities, good and bad.

Thread Information