Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE) - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    1st BN.........

yea I definitely remember having to shine the **** outta that bell, SGTMAJ came out "RECRUIT!! I BETTER BE ABLE TO SEE MYSELF IN THAT THING WHEN YOUR DONE!! "AYE SIR!!!"

I have mixed feelings seeing those images...
    My advice is just don't bring anything, heck I didn't, it was much easier that way.
    They will take care of you.

Whatever your not supposed to bring will likely be trashed between MEPS and at the receiving room at the airport. Plus there will probably be a non-attribution event at receiving in PI where you can declare and dump anything else they tell you you don't need.

4th Bn looks super nice, maybe that's because its the newest or its located near officers housing or something. I always heard 3rd BN was the most ghetto, b/c it was away from everything else, but I don't know, I was in first.

Thanks for the photos WMarine, it was nice to see good ole PI. I went there to see my brother in-law graduate but didn't think to take pictures.

Credits
    Savings
    How come the confidence course looks like a PreSkool PlayGround? .

4th BN is located right next to Drill Instructor School.

Fourth Recruit Training Battalion
    The Forth Recruit Training Battalion is led by Lieutenant Colonel Karla M. Jessup and Sergeant Major Laura L. Brown. Within Fourth Battalion, there are three companies: Co. N, Co. O,and Co. P. Each company contains an average of two, 50- to 60-recruit platoons. Fourth Battalion trains only female recruits.

Female Marines have trained aboard Parris Island since February 23, 1949 when 3rd RTBn. was activated aboard the Parris Island with Company K and Company L in what is now Headquarters, 6 th Marine Corps District. On 1 May 1954, 3 rd Recruit Training Battalion was re-designated as Woman Recruit Training Battalion and remained under this designation until 1976 when it was re-designated as Woman Recruit Training Command. At that time, Woman Recruit Training Command moved to a new battalion complex which it still occupies.

On 1 November 1986, Woman Recruit Training Command was re-designated as 4th RTBn. and became part of the Recruit Training Regiment. During January 1989, K and L Companies were re-designated as N and O Companies respectively due to reorganization of the regiment. In October 1996, P Company was activated in order to more effectively train the larger number of female recruits arriving on Parris Island. The 4th RTBn. complex was expanded in November 2001 with the addition of a new barracks.

Recruit training is now identical for both male and female recruits, but this is a result of many significant changes over the last 25 years. Some of the key changes were:

1978-First females graduate from Drill Instructor School.

1985-Females began firing the M16A2 for qualification, which added an additional three weeks to the female schedule.

1988-Basic Warrior Training/Marine Combat Training was incorporated into recruit training for females, adding another two weeks to the schedule.

1996-Female drill instructors were allowed to wear the Campaign Cover, replacing the scarlet cord.

1997-Marine Combat Training was removed from the female recruit training schedule with the introduction of the Crucible, resulting in the current 12-week schedule for both male and female recruits. Females Marines subsequently began attending Marine Combat Training at the School of Infantry (East) prior to follow-on military occupational specialty (MOS) training. Female Marines throughout the Marine Corps also started conducting the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) that mirrors the male PFT, adding additional physical training into the schedule.

Roughly 2,400 female recruits come through 4th RTBn. each year, trained by the very women who have seen and been part of the transformation that has brought us to where we are today.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/training/...bn/default.htm

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's some Great Stuff Lisa.
    Thank you for sharing it.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Don't worry about the shaving part. Once you get into double timing it will burn off.

Did someone seriously just publicly ask about shaving their pubic hair? I think there are more important things to worry about. I feel like I have answered the "what do i bring to bootcamp?" question about 27,000 times. POOLEES: BEFORE WE HAD THE INTERNET, PEOPLE SURVIVED BOOTCAMP! IF THERE WAS SOME SPECIAL THING YOU NEEDED IN BOOTCAMP, I'M SURE YOUR RECRUITER WOULD LET YOU KNOW!
    Bottom line is that you don't need to bring anything. It will all be issued to you when you get there. Sure bring your addresses if you want, because they obviously will not be issued to you. As far as clothing, and tampons and everything, it will be given to you. This isn't the drill instructors' first time in the squadbay, they know what they're doing.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine1391 View Post
    Did someone seriously just publicly ask about shaving their pubic hair? I think there are more important things to worry about. I feel like I have answered the "what do i bring to bootcamp?" question about 27,000 times. POOLEES: BEFORE WE HAD THE INTERNET, PEOPLE SURVIVED BOOTCAMP! IF THERE WAS SOME SPECIAL THING YOU NEEDED IN BOOTCAMP, I'M SURE YOUR RECRUITER WOULD LET YOU KNOW!
    Bottom line is that you don't need to bring anything. It will all be issued to you when you get there. Sure bring your addresses if you want, because they obviously will not be issued to you. As far as clothing, and tampons and everything, it will be given to you. This isn't the drill instructors' first time in the squadbay, they know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1391 View Post
    Did someone seriously just publicly ask about shaving their pubic hair? I think there are more important things to worry about.
    I thought it was funny. I've answered almost every question imaginable about boot camp on this site, so it was interesting to see a unique question like this posted. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in these poolees minds....

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I thought it was funny. I've answered almost every question imaginable about boot camp on this site, so it was interesting to see a unique question like this posted. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in these poolees minds....
    Chaffing

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    As long has you don't shave it in the form of an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, you should be fine.

I am envisioning where the globe would go.....but how do you determine the countries?
    I am still looking to see if this can be answered......would one need be a stylist license or be an artist to accomplish this feat?

Would it have to be sketched in or painted on with Nair hair removal and then the excess washed away?

If one has a piercing how does that play in?

Or is it just a blurb on the global map?

Phantom: You'd have to cut the hair to about a quarter of an inch. Then you take a regular black pen and draw the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on. Have a partner do the drawing to make it accurate, or use a stencile to do it yourself... unless you are confident in your ability to draw upside down. Next, take a really small/percise razor and cut away all the hair on the outside of the drawing, then focus on the details within the drawing. You may have to cut each individual hair during this stage, and use NAIR as a finishing touch to remove any remaining hair in the way, but proceed with caution- even the smallest mistake could set you back a few months to try again. Once all the hair is cut, you can either wash off the pen markings or leave it on to define the symbol so there will be no confusion as to what it is. All done!

Any questions?

Credits
    Savings
    Phantom: You'd have to cut the hair to about a quarter of an inch. Then you take a regular black pen and draw the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on. Have a partner do the drawing to make it accurate, or use a stencile to do it yourself... unless you are confident in your ability to draw upside down. Next, take a really small/percise razor and cut away all the hair on the outside of the drawing, then focus on the details within the drawing. You may have to cut each individual hair during this stage, and use NAIR as a finishing touch to remove any remaining hair in the way, but proceed with caution- even the smallest mistake could set you back a few months to try again. Once all the hair is cut, you can either wash off the pen markings or leave it on to define the symbol so there will be no confusion as to what it is. All done!

Any questions?
    Oh my Gawd, I think I just ....

Nevermind, we ain't in the Hootch.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Any questions?
    CD7, something tells me you might have done this on yourself at one point.

Thread Information