Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE) - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but since I'm sharing photos of Parris Island, here's a few more......

I believe this is the confidence course that 1st & 2nd BN share........

1st BN.........

This is 3rd BN on their moto run the morning of family day, and they are running by 1st BN........

Molly Marine statue over by H & S Co..........

Iron Mike statue over by H & S Co.........

I though I had a better shot of 2nd BN, but I dont. 2nd BN is where the red sign is......

3rd BN..........

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    I believe this is the confidence course that 1st & 2nd BN share........

To my knowledge first and second don't share a course. That's got to be First Bt's course cause I've never seen it and I was in Second.

Those pictures bring back a lot of memories, good and bad. I had all but forgot about all the steam pipes till now.

I didn't see 2nd BN's, that why I wasn't sure if 1st and 2nd shared or not....thanks BR. I did see 3rd's, but didn't get to take a pic of it. After we got my nephew's gear, we went looking for the "receiving building where the famous yellow footprints are" so we could get pics taken before it rained.
    My brother, who went through boot camp back in 1969, was suprised to still see the steam pipes there.

I always wondered why 4th Bn's everything was so much better than everything else. Like the track...wtf is a track we had dirt and the squadbays.

PFC, 4th BN has squad bays also. It's not no hotel over there were we all have separate rooms. The females don't live the life of luxury over there either.
    I don't know when they put the track in, wasn't there when I was there in 1988, but that track is also open to the public, that is when the females aren't there. Also, the confidence course wasn't as nice as it is today, and it was in a different area. When I was there, that was our PT area. 4th BN's parade deck is about 1/4 the size of the main parade deck that the males use.
    So don't think that the females have everything better than the males do, because we don't.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Marines. I really appreciate the answers to my questions, it helped out alot. I have my little bag already packed with only the necessities. I understand that I am going to Parris Island to become a MARINE and not for a beauty pageant. I just wanted to bring the right things and now I will. Thank you again Marines. Merry Late Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Celebration!!

No matter how hard or tough it gets, always stay strong, both mentally & physically. Pay attention to your Drill Instructors and do what your told.
    And remember....Team work....there's no I in team!

Best of luck to you MossyRoc!

Quote Originally Posted by MossyRoc View Post
    I leave for Recruit Training on 20100104 and I am unsure of what I should really bring to Bootcamp. Will bras,sport bras, and underwear be distributed after arrival? What about purchasing tampons or pads? Should I bring a small amount of tampons and pads, for the first month and then purchase more when needed? Also, What are the rules regarding shaving the genital area? Am I allowed to bring an address book or should I only bring a few addresses on a single sheet of paper? I have very short hair, would I be allowed to bring hair care products? I would also like to know if I should bring deodorant, body lotion, shampoo, and conditioner? Even thoughI don't think that they'll allow us more than 60 seconds to shower and then another 30 seconds to get dressed so I don't think there will be time to shampoo, condition, and/or lotion up. Please help me bring only the essentials, I am not going on vacation so I don't want to over pack in anyway possible. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time and wisdom.

Poolie Vazquez
    From a female Marine who went through boot camp a few years ago, I advise you not to bring much. You can bring a couple of plain white sports bras and a sheet of paper with a few addresses, but nothing else. Everything else will be supplied to you once you get there. There is no regulation on shaving your genitals, half the recruits did it and half didn't. As long has you don't shave it in the form of an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, you should be fine.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    From a female Marine who went through boot camp a few years ago, I advise you not to bring much. You can bring a couple of plain white sports bras and a sheet of paper with a few addresses, but nothing else. Everything else will be supplied to you once you get there. There is no regulation on shaving your genitals, half the recruits did it and half didn't. As long has you don't shave it in the form of an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, you should be fine.
    Pictures CD7, PICTURES!!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    There is no regulation on shaving your genitals, half the recruits did it and half didn't.
    I wouldn't...it be chilly down on that island this time of year...especially with the winds blowing off of them swamps.

As long has you don't shave it in the form of an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, you should be fine.
    I am envisioning where the globe would go.....but how do you determine the countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingle View Post
    My daughter will be so happy Marine Corps Barbie comes out Jan 4th

No kiddin? They are re-issuing that? Holy crap I gotta get a couple of those.

Thread Information