son's deploying - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: son's deploying

Quote Originally Posted by marinemama View Post
    My youngest will be deploying soon and wanted me to fly to NC to see him off. He has given me a 4 day window on when he might leave. He is at Lejeune....Does anyone know any good hotels in the area that are fairly safe and not really expensive? I figure I will get a refundable ticket, just in case things change, and fly in the day before he could possibly leave. Any suggestions, tips or what to expect will be greatly appreciated.

The oldest is a bit easier, he is closer to home. I just hope it isn't the same four days...a mom's worst nightmare for sure!

Hope everyone has a great 2009! Happy New Year!
    im dont know if the bases in jacksonville have one but you could check out and see if there is a TEQ or BEQ on the base.. i mean they are not the nicest but they are cheap and close to your son..

Thanks everyone! I need to call back 30 days in advance for a room at the Lejeune Inn, but am allowed to stay there. Yeah! I spoke to my son before he left for training, and he thought that would be best because traffic is a nightmare. I have made tentative reservations at the Liberty Inn, just in case...I will cancel those when I get my other room.

I also booked my flight, and found a really good deal flying in to Jacksonville. Great tip! I will be there for a week, figured that would give us a better chance to hang out a little, if there is time before he goes.

If any of you are close and want to have cocktails, PM or e-mail me...I won't post the dates on the open site for the safety of his Unit.

Thanks again!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Marinemama,

Unless things had changed since we had been there a year ago, I figured that you could probably get a room at Lejeune Inn. Staying there is just so much easier and convienent (sp), and you'll be amongst other parent's that are either there seeing their service member off or welcoming them back.

If you have any other questions, PM or e-mail me.........

Mary

Does anyone know where to find info on Siphon 8 training? Not sure if that is how it is spelled or for sure if that is what it is called....It is for Engineers. Thanks!

Thanks Mary, I got your e-mail....Brilliant information!

I got some more info on Siphon 8, for anyone that is interested. It is where they take the Engineer's out and let them survey in the rough, build stuff, etc. All the stuff my son has done before consisted of base things, he has surveyed streets and buildings or blowing stuff up in the boonies. This will be more controlled and let him use his skills outside with only one other Engineer. He is looking forward to it, although he figures it will be a lot of yelling, which he doesn't get now.

Can't wait to hit Lejeune and cruise around, new base, new area. I will be looking forward to meeting you Ellie, at your bar. Drinks will certainly be needed.

Good Luck to You and your Marine's!

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    Good Luck to You and your Marine's!
    Thank you Corporal! Have a nice weekend.

Hugs And Kisses, Monica....!!! May You And Your Boys Be Blessed...!!! Semper Fi...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Hugs And Kisses, Monica....!!! May You And Your Boys Be Blessed...!!! Semper Fi...!!!
    Thanks Jim! Back at ya!

OMG....Monica + Ellie + Lejeune + booze.....god help the Marines

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    OMG....Monica + Ellie + Lejeune + booze.....god help the Marines
    That is a funny thought. You do know me better than Ellie does, I haven't had the chance to go back and forth with her...sure you can't make it too? Can you imagine the carnage?

Ellie, I think we should let loose on Jacksonville!

LOL. I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    LOL. I wish.
    me too

Plans are on hold for my pending trip...A Marine Mom is always prepared for changes to the calender....places and dates have changed for both of them. What a learning curve for sure.

I will let you know when I am ready to light Jacksonville on fire, you might make it there yet.

One down, one to go...I am so proud and sad all at the same time. I will let you know when #2 is gone.

I just have to have faith that they know the training they have been given and use it each and every day. They are the best of the best, in my humble opinion, being Marines...this son, even as new as he is, was hand picked for this mission...outstanding!

FRO's are AMAZING! I am fortunate that on both sides of the country, I have two really good ones. Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by marinemama View Post
    My youngest will be deploying soon and wanted me to fly to NC to see him off. He has given me a 4 day window on when he might leave. He is at Lejeune....Does anyone know any good hotels in the area that are fairly safe and not really expensive? I figure I will get a refundable ticket, just in case things change, and fly in the day before he could possibly leave. Any suggestions, tips or what to expect will be greatly appreciated.

The oldest is a bit easier, he is closer to home. I just hope it isn't the same four days...a mom's worst nightmare for sure!

Hope everyone has a great 2009! Happy New Year!
    '
    Hey, been there done that. Camp LeJeune is always good under my condition. Never had a discamplaint, never had a good one. You should take your son there and then see the sea around there... Seriously, my mother is like private inthis and ends up loving it...

Thread Information