Where do I fit in?
Create Post

Where do I fit in?

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] If I handed you a puzzle piece, could you tell me what it was an image of? Even if you could make out what may be on your piece, you still wouldn’t have any idea how that piece fits into the bigger picture.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']You’re like that puzzle piece in the Body of Christ. By yourself, you don’t make much sense. But, when you find your place in the big picture, everything makes sense.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']When you’re born, you don’t know your place or your purpose. There’s a reason. Remember, King Herod tried to kill Jesus as a baby. The enemy would come for you in the same way if he knew your destiny. He would love to bring interference and to stop you from ever getting started. So, it’s in God’s favor and your best interest to keep the complete picture of your destiny from you until you’re mature and tested enough to reach it.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I get calls from people that are in ministry and things are crashing down around them. Some of them have simply stepped out too soon. They had a vision and jumped right into it. See, in the world we get impatient. God isn’t like that. He takes the time to make sure that you’re ready to occupy in the place that he is sending you. He wants to make sure that when you reach that intersection of time, location, and purpose in your life, that you’ll stick a flag in the ground and claim it as His territory in the name of Jesus. He won’t send you there if you’re not ready.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']In I Corinthians 3, we read a letter from Paul to a young church that is just coming into Christ and making some mistakes. In this chapter, Paul tells them that the Lord has assigned to each his task.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']As people, we want to be cool. We want to fit in. We want to be like everyone else. But, being a part of the crowd isn’t what makes you valuable. Like gold and silver, what makes you valuable is your scarcity. There is no one else like you. God made you unique for a reason. Paul says, “The man who plants and the man who waters each have ONE task.” You have one task, or purpose, that you were created for, and God will reward you based on how you handle that task.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']God gave us the instructions for how to handle that task in I Corinthians 9:24. He told us to run our race in such a way as to get the prize. Think of how someone trains for a race. Think about how dedicated, how willing to sacrifice, and how focused they are. Distractions don’t pull them off their scheduled time to train. They understand the finish line. They understand the starting block. They know that the race can be won or lost in any of those moments, so they practice and practice and practice.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Training for a race isn’t easy. It isn’t always exciting. Finding your place isn’t always exciting. There are still chores that have to be done.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Look at Luke 16. It’s The Parable of the Shrewd Manager. This story is vital. It’s about the chores and about promotion. See, this manager didn’t do his job. But we he found out he was losing his job, he suddenly found a way to take care of things.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']He failed the test. He wasn’t working to help his master. He only worked when it helped him. That, right there, is why many Christians never reach their potential and their destiny. God can’t trust them with it.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']See, Christians get all excited about the anointing, but the anointing isn’t what takes you to your destiny. God trains you every day. You prove you’re ready to occupy your destiny by how you handle the affairs of life. Your trustworthiness over the little things, and the big things, is what moves you forward.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Have you ever gone into a fast food restaurant just before closing? Oh, that’s a wonderful experience. You walk in the place and you’d swear they had closed a few hours ago. They might even have the chairs up on the tables. I went into one one time and the employees who were still there actually argued in front of me over who was going to wait on me. Here’s the thing, in the minds of the people working there, that job doesn’t mean anything. It was a temporary job on the way to their destiny. That’s where they failed the test. They think they are going to reach their destiny by some ability or some talent, but in the world of the Spirit, God is the one that promotes. And, whether or not you get promoted isn’t about the anointing, it’s about being on time, being loyal, and doing what you said you would do.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']God promoted David to King. David had been on the hillside risking his life to save sheep, but he loved God and his family and he had been faithful and loyal with a trust. Joseph was in prison 13 years. He was faithful and he had success. He viewed every assignment as worthy to do his best in. That is why he was promoted to second in command.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']After I had a vision that I would start preaching, God didn’t tell me to start preaching. He told me to go to college. See, I had to get qualified to handle a trust. So I went to school. I didn’t start preaching after college either. God told me to go sell life insurance. Now, I was a shy kid and that was hard. But God knew I had to change on the inside. Twenty-one years later, I preached my first service. It looked exactly like it looked 21 years before in my vision. Yes, I know it probably didn’t have to take that long, but I also know I wasn’t ready. There are no shortcuts with God. You can’t fool Him. Your character has to be developed enough to be ready to do what you’re called to do. God is a rewarder. He knows your heart. He’s got to know and you’ve got to know that you can handle the responsibility there. He’s going to find out if you can handle it there by watching what you’re doing here and now.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']So, serve your employer wholeheartedly as if you were serving God. Don’t complain or murmur. Prove that you can handle a trust. Ask yourself, ‘How can I help this place profit?’ Make yourself so valuable that they can’t handle the thought of you ever leaving. Be faithful where you are and watch. God will show you just where you fit.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Father, Help me to find the place where I can be used to do that thing you have called me to do. Help me to be obedient where you have placed me to show myself worthy of promotion. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Amen[/FONT]

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doug,,,,,, I always read your posts, but I don't much fit in anymore. I'm just a Christian with many stripes facing me.

THANK YOU DOUG THIS HAS ME REALLY THINKING I SUVIVED A BAD CAR ACCEDENT LAST MONTH AND 6yrs AGO THANK GOODNESS FOR SAFTY BELTS AND AIRBAGS.WELL I KNOW GOD NEEDS ME FOR SOMETHING THAT I AM STILL LOOKING FOR> I AM ALSO STILL UNEMPLOYED BUT I KNOW GODS WAITING FOFIND ME THE RIGHT JOB

SEMPER FI AND GODBLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DOUG

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

THANK YOU DOUG THIS HAS ME REALLY THINKING I SUVIVED A BAD CAR ACCEDENT LAST MONTH AND 6yrs AGO THANK GOODNESS FOR SAFTY BELTS AND AIRBAGS.WELL I KNOW GOD NEEDS ME FOR SOMETHING THAT I AM STILL LOOKING FOR> I AM ALSO STILL UNEMPLOYED BUT I KNOW GODS WAITING FOR ME TO FIND THE RIGHT JOB

Doc, Sparkie,

Seek and you will find, Knoce and the door will be opened to you, Ask and you will recieve.

Anyone who asks for wisdom rightly will reccieve wisdom from God who gives it generously.

Ask God to show you the way. If you need help let me know.

Blessings

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Captain,
    I used to think that the only reason I was on this earth was for sheer contrast. The ex used to asked the kids, "Do you want to be like him?" which I thought was rather cruel but now I can say, what the hey. LOL. The real major problem that I saw was that she used to ask the children that question in front of me. Bad timing I'd say. Certainly forgivable but never forgettable. Yep, I'm convinced that there is a plan for me that I have yet to recognize. Maybe the above experience was part of it.
    Good post, Captain.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    THANK YOU DOUG THIS HAS ME REALLY THINKING I SUVIVED A BAD CAR ACCEDENT LAST MONTH AND 6yrs AGO THANK GOODNESS FOR SAFTY BELTS AND AIRBAGS.WELL I KNOW GOD NEEDS ME FOR SOMETHING THAT I AM STILL LOOKING FOR> I AM ALSO STILL UNEMPLOYED BUT I KNOW GODS WAITING FOFIND ME THE RIGHT JOB

Keeping good thoughts about your employment future Doc. Prayers outbound my friend

Fair winds

And thanks for the post as usual Doug!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    Doc, Sparkie,

Seek and you will find, Knoce and the door will be opened to you, Ask and you will recieve.

Anyone who asks for wisdom rightly will reccieve wisdom from God who gives it generously.

Ask God to show you the way. If you need help let me know.

Blessings
    ,Semper Fidelis.

Hello Captain Kirk:
    Great words of wisdom. In the movie Sgt. York, Alvin makes the comment "The LORD sure do move in mysterios ways". In 1961, I was hit by a car. I survived and had a strange experiance while comimg out of a coma. In 1972 while in BC, they discovered I had a functional heart murmer. The Marine Corps kept me. I served four years, in all 3 divisions and got out as a corporal. In the last three years, my life has seemed to come full circle. My past has been revisiting me in "mysterios ways". I am an active member in the MCL. My neighbors who watched me get hit in 61, have two Vietnam era com jeeps. I want them for my detachment. The saturday before memorial day, I went with other members of my det. to decorate a cemetary in Saratoga NY. It hadn't been decorated in 8 years. On the way home we stopped at a local slopshhoot. I have not been drunk since 1998. But I imbibed that day. When I got home I found the courage to approach my neighbor. We had a great conversation. One thing led to another and the next sunday I attened her church. During that time period a local sherriff was killed in the line of duty. He is a Marine. He belonged to her church. He is being interred at Arlington.My det. has 32 seats at the memmorial service on monday. The LORD sure do move in Mysterios ways!

Thank You Cdr, Godbless You And Your Family.
    Fair Winds Sir.

Thank You Doug And Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Thread Information