Gays in My Marine Corps?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gays in My Marine Corps?

I know it has been approved by our Congress, but that was not the case while I was in.

It just seems like a very bad idea. Men and Women were housed separately to prevent "fooling around" as nature took its course.

Rooming a heterosexual and a homosexual together is a bad idea, as is rooming two homosexuals together. I don't even know how one would go about separating homosexuals, unless each was given a private room and latrine.

If there are gays openly serving in My Marine Corps, how are they dealt with?

I'm not asking for anyone to bash or support anyone. I am just trying to wrap my mind around how My Marine Corps has had to change to accommodated individuals who have chosen a homosexual lifestyle.

I don't think they are really changing. When I was in the repeal training, it seems as it will just go on as usual. Men with men, women with women. They said if you refuse to work with them, i.e. a recruiter refusing to sign up a gay person, then you are in the wrong. I don't know if you could use religious reasons to get out of a room with them though.

Honestly, I don't think they truely know how everything will work out. Trial and error seems to be my best guess.

There have been homos in the Corps for years and years. They will now be out of the closet. I do not expect they will be having Gay Pride Parades anywhere on the base. If they are not bothered and are not coming on to the straight Marines, life in the Corps will go on as usual. So in the long run, nothing has changed.

It's your Marine Corps Chesty??? How about it's All Marines Marine Corps

I understand gays have been in My Marine Corps for years, but before a rack mate would never make a pass at another. I just don't see how it is going to play out, now.

@Reservist: All Marines Marine Corps implies I'm going to sit on my laurels and wait for someone else to do the work. My Marine Corps implies I take ownership of it, and I am proud of it.

All Marines means to me that every Marine has to pull their weight, regardless of sex, race, religion, or even sexuality everyone who earned it wears US Marines on their chest.

So I don't know what type of Corps you were in but in the Marine Corps that I was in, everybody did the job.

I highly doubt they will just run around and make passes at each other. Will they think about it? Maybe. After months away from home and women, I thought about some of our female counterparts myself. Same thing, really. If they hit on you, just tell your EO rep. It will get solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    There have been homos in the Corps for years and years. They will now be out of the closet. I do not expect they will be having Gay Pride Parades anywhere on the base. If they are not bothered and are not coming on to the straight Marines, life in the Corps will go on as usual. So in the long run, nothing has changed.
    Exactly.

I don't understand what the big stink is all about.

@OldMarine "I do not expect they will be having Gay Pride Parades anywhere on the base." Pink tanks and amphibs as floats would probably be frowned on heavily.

Before DADT was thrown out...if a couple of dudes or a couple of women were caught doing the dirty... they were packed off and given a undesirable discharge. Now... I guess if they get caught on base someone will slap their hands and tell them do that in the privacy of someones home and not here as well as some minor administrative punishment. Shame on you.... you little poofs. Out in town.... nada will happen.

The issue I see happening will be someone will say something that 'just doesn't sound right'... and trust will be destroyed. Is he watching my back or my butt? Trust is a big part of the Marine Corps and I see that trust getting tattered.

Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    If they hit on you, just tell your EO rep. It will get solved.
    This is a good point to make. Just because homosexuals are in the military (even openly) does not mean they're going to be hitting on every guy they see. If they do, that's sexual harassment. And the Corps will deal with it just like a straight guy hitting on a straight girl.

And I don't really understand the "religious" argument against homosexuals not being allowed to serve either. I am even a Christian and, personally, don't support homosexuality. But you know what? I also do not support pre-marital sex. I don't support guys having sex with any female they can while they're TAD or on libo. I would assume most people who think homosexuality is morally wrong would also agree that these examples are wrong too. But where is the uproar to ban such civilians from the Marine Corps? There appears to be a double standard in tolerance level for this argument.

I do, however, see a problem with having a straight guy and a gay guy living in the same barracks room or squad bay. To me, it is the same as having a straight male and a straight female living in similar situations. And I don't really have a solution for it.

Politically, I would side with most libertarian viewpoints. Which is basically, "I don't care how you live your life, as long as it doesn't effect me". Do I care if you don't want to wear your seat belt and risk flying through your windshield in the event of a wreck? No. It doesn't concern me. I would suggest that you do wear your seat belt, but if you choose not to, more power to you. Do I care if you want to have sex with people of the same gender in your private residence? No. It doesn't concern me. Do I think you shouldn't do it? Yes. But at the end of the day I don't think the government should be passing moral laws that tell people how to live their life (again, provided it's not effecting anyone else).

If I were a decision maker on this issue, I would be torn. On one hand, I do think they should have the right to serve their country and be who they are. On the other, I just can't figure out the housing situation. We'd have to give every Marine BAH to get a house/apartment of their own or their own hooch for out in the field. Just don't know how that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    I do, however, see a problem with having a straight guy and a gay guy living in the same barracks room or squad bay. To me, it is the same as having a straight male and a straight female living in similar situations. And I don't really have a solution for it.
    A+. That's the sort of thing that needed to be presented to the judges on the bench when they were voting.

I'm not against gays, but if I were in a squad bay walking to take a shower and a known gay guy kept starring at me, I get to a chapter of my life that I don't know what I'd really do. Be a little tattle-tail and tell my CO or get violent?

I agree that I wouldn't want to have to live with a homosexual. It would just be awkward for me. I also don't want to have to shower with them, in the case of deployment showers, training showers, etc where it's an open area. It would just make me uncomfortable. I assume that is why males don't shower with females. That being said, I do not support wasting funds to build new buildings/etc. The DoD overspends as it is. Just like you guys, I don't know of a solution.

islept on my back and hands over my privates i was a lite sleeper anyway so noone could slip in a bj

SEMPER FI MY BROTHERS

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

Credits
    Savings

Solution is.....................

Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    I agree that I wouldn't want to have to live with a homosexual. It would just be awkward for me. I also don't want to have to shower with them, in the case of deployment showers, training showers, etc where it's an open area. It would just make me uncomfortable. I assume that is why males don't shower with females. That being said, I do not support wasting funds to build new buildings/etc. The DoD overspends as it is. Just like you guys, I don't know of a solution.

They are not a special minority in the racial sense, they are perverts and should not be allowed to serve in a military setting period !
    Common sense dictates you do not convenience the minority over the majority.
    I think the last 60 years of so called "equality" has proven that over and over, now it will play itself out with peoples well being on the line to prove an unprovable P.C. point. Just as the left is purposely destroying our Economy/they are destroying our moral compass as well. Wake up people !!

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    I don't even know how one would go about separating homosexuals
    With a crowbar, son.

I'm not trying to plug my book, Marines. But the subject is touched upon in my book. I'm not even sure we had a word for them back in my day. Maybe sissies or "kinda queer."

But it's always been around. We know this.

At the end of the day, people are just people. That's it. Time and too much time on people's hands have made an issue of it these days.

Sterling G. Mace

Thread Information