I'm Off To The Island
Create Post

I'm Off To The Island

Whats up everyone! i wanna thank all the Marines, Pooles for all the help while i was here! i've been up all night i'm gonna start getting ready cause i'm gonna be picked up 3AM Eastern Time

Super excited

take care everyone !

Have fun, bring a raincoat. Looks like Hannah is coming that way lol.

The journey of a thousand miles begins now.

Stay hydrated, stay motivated, and don't eat the Charms.

I'm ****ign serious soon-to-be-recruit. Don't eat the damn charms. And if you see some ******* about to eat them, take them and throw them away. Even if he beats your ass, it won't rain, or thunderstorm, or snow, or who knows what.

Could you ever imagine taking such a lengthy trip with so little luggage? I mean basically all you need is heart and desire with the ability to rough it out.

Good Luck

--->Dave

Good luck and have fun!

Good Luck out there!

Credits
    Savings
    What the "F" is this hostility thing with the Charms??? I can't believe they even put candy in MRE's. Probably for the Army, they should have Marine Corps versions with no candy at all. Of course then the Air Farce versions would come with silverware and a tablecloth.

Good Luck!Go Now An Earn Your Title.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    What the "F" is this hostility thing with the Charms??? I can't believe they even put candy in MRE's. Probably for the Army, they should have Marine Corps versions with no candy at all. Of course then the Air Farce versions would come with silverware and a tablecloth.
    First day of the crucible. Weather was decent for a late August day in Parris Island. Sunny, hot enough to get the black flag which doesnt come in to play too much during the crucible but our DI's seemed to be playing fair.

That night myself and a few other recruits watched the platoon ****bird consume an entire package of charms.

The next day it was raining, thundering, in fact the thunder started in the middle of the night and no one could get any sleep. The DIs went psycho on us that day, making us do the 3 mile combat endurance course with our rifle over our heads, we didnt get any sit down and chat time/periods of instruction like we had the day before. It was balls to the wall.

And it was all because that recruit ate the charms!

We had three guys get caught eating the chicklets that came in ours, so they collected the rest and made 1 of them start chewing as much as he could. Then they made him pass to number 2 and added more gum, then on to number 3 and then back and forth. Don't eat the fricken Candy

11 years ago to the day I was on my way to PI.

Credits
    Savings
    There was something on Generation Kill about Charms being bad luck, I didn't know if that was just a movie thing or not. Personally Achped I think you're Drill Instructors probably made it thunderstorm that night, just to see if you put up you're shelter half correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    There was something on Generation Kill about Charms being bad luck, I didn't know if that was just a movie thing or not. Personally Achped I think you're Drill Instructors probably made it thunderstorm that night, just to see if you put up you're shelter half correctly.
    This is plausible. I swear my DS's at Ft. Leonard Wood made it rain just for FTX. The days leading up were beatiful, mid 70's, light fluffy clouds, low humidity. The morning we set out we made it no more than 2-3 miles and the sky opened up and didn't stop until the ruck home.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    First day of the crucible. Weather was decent for a late August day in Parris Island. Sunny, hot enough to get the black flag which doesnt come in to play too much during the crucible but our DI's seemed to be playing fair.

That night myself and a few other recruits watched the platoon ****bird consume an entire package of charms.

The next day it was raining, thundering, in fact the thunder started in the middle of the night and no one could get any sleep. The DIs went psycho on us that day, making us do the 3 mile combat endurance course with our rifle over our heads, we didnt get any sit down and chat time/periods of instruction like we had the day before. It was balls to the wall.

And it was all because that recruit ate the charms!
    The course is 3 miles long?!?! Holy ****!!! That explains alot. My D.I. tried to make us carry a log through the thing but we couldn't find one light enough for us to pick up...*wink*.

Thread Information