Marine Officer Programs - Page 14
Create Post
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    MGySgt...Thank You for your service also!
    My brother, a retired Marine GySgt, was also a Drill Instructor too. So.......many Thanks to you for having what it takes to train Marines. Ooh-Rah!
    As for my quote...just something I came up with. I got tired of Poolees, wannabes and Marine Friends not saying Thank You the proper way to the Marines on this site who would take the time to answer their questions.
    Semper Fi!

I considered it the most fun possible to train recruits the first time around, a challenge to train them as a Senior Drill Instuctor the second time, and then as an instructor at Drill Instructor School the most incredible experience.
    I appreciate the fact that you take the time to "instruct" the soon to be's on the finer aspects of respect BEFORE the arrival. I wish you well.

Thank You MGySgt...and I wish you well also!

Semper Fi!

To Emp

I think the best way to become an officer is either attend the Naval Academy or go to college and do the PLC program. Next best is to graduate and go to OCS. NA and PLC nets you more money in the long run. Another option is to enlist in the Reserves and hope you can complete your degree before being deployed and then go to OCS. Your unit doesn't have to let you go if you get accepted. However, mine did. The last option I'd recommend is to enlist active duty and then try to get into an officer program like MCEP or ECP (if they still have those). I had a few Marines get accepted but it was difficult.

Sometime I read things that just **** me off so much that I cannot and will not keep my mouth shut. I personally could care less now after spending 30 years wearing the Uniform and making less $ than mosy folks in the civilian sector and doing much more by accident than most folks do on purpose who I happen to **** off and what rank that person may be. If ANYONE ever decides to make the attempt to become a Marine and has to figure out the best way to make more money Please, I beg of you. DO NOT sign the paperwork ! Do yourself and every other Marine that went before you for the last 234 years a favor and DO SOMETHING ELSE! ANYTHING ELSE, ANY PLACE ELSE! The Marine Corps does not need you in it's ranks. Do you want the RESPECT of the troops that you will eventually lead? Here is your route, plain and simple. Begin as an enlisted Marine. Prove yourself worthy to wear the rank of an Officer whose main concern is the safety of his Marines, not the pay check. Or better yet, embark on the track of a Warrant officer. THE most respected Officer in the entire Marine Corps. Enough said, carry on!!

I recently graduated OCS through the 10 wk program this past summer of 2009. It was an experience I'll never forget. Since this site was the first resource I ever went to while learning about the Marines, I'd like to give back and offer any knowledge that prospective candidates might have regarding OCS. Good luck to those considering the Corps. It is a tough road to pass training, whether officer or enlisted, but it is well worth it. S/F

PS Feel free to PM me any questions.

contact thedrifter and have her change your profile status to Marine if you've been commissioned already.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    contact thedrifter and have her change your profile status to Marine if you've been commissioned already.
    Roger that SSgt. Already messaged thedrifter, but I do not commission until completion of school this Dec. Just thought I could be of help to the prospective candidates as I am still fresh from the training pipeline.

R/s

Same as Geagles, was at OCS for 10 weeks this past summer. I'm also willing to answer any questions prospective candidates have.

Quote Originally Posted by DIUSMC View Post
    Hey Skipper, thanks for posting this information. My son has begun the application process for OCS having just graduated. I'll be sure that he hooks himself into this website and follows along with the great intel Marines like yourself post here. Good luck to you Sir,Semper Fi.

Good luck to you and your son Master Gunnery Sergeant.
    Respectfully, thank you for everything you've done.
    I never realized how much Drill Instructors have to give up to do that job until after my sister went to Parris Island and I got through OCS. It requires an incredible sacrifice and I thank you for making that sacrifice to shape the future of the Marine Corps.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I want to be a officer but I want to go to the Naval Academy. If I enlist in the MARINES first and then get into the Academy, will I automatically come out a MARINE officer.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxhero View Post
    I want to be a officer but I want to go to the Naval Academy. If I enlist in the MARINES first and then get into the Academy, will I automatically come out a MARINE officer.
    I'm not exactly positive how it works if you go into the Academy as a prior, but only a minority commission as Marine officers upon graduation from the Naval Academy. Let me ask you, does it matter if you go into the academy? Would you still want to be a Marine officer if you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxhero View Post
    No, all Naval Academy midshipmen who desire to become Marine Officers must compete for selection. This includes prior enlisted Marines.

Hey sir, how's it going. Semper sneak back.

I'm just popping in for a quick look around. Still not going to be active, but thanks for the note. I've missed all you rabble rousers. Still monitering the e-mail so if you need me, you know where to get me.

Semper.

Thread Information