League Questions
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

League Questions

So I wanna join the Marine Corps League, unfortunately there is not a local Detachment here in my area. Plus to be honest I, havn't the slightest clue on how to get one going in my town. There are a few in the General Area, but they are all at least Hour and Half, to Two Hours away. I was thinking about joining as Member At Large, instead of signing up for one Detachment due to my location. I figured this way I could bounce around to different ones. My questions on this how do the Detachements look at a Member at Large comming to there Detachement, while not actually being a member of that Detachment. Also any info on the League in General is helpful. Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Member at Large is how I do it. No problems.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm a Marine Corps League Life Member, it is what you want out of it. From the League you get the Semper Fi mag, also can get the Leatherneck and the other mags. If your in a Detachment you can be on the Honor Guard, Color Guard and also they all have or some that are close combine a Marine Corps Birthday. Some Detachments do adopt a Squad and send packages to deployed Marines, so you can help with that. also it is just a Group that was started by General Lejuene back in the 30s. It is not a Veterans Group because Active Duty, Reserves, Retired and Veteran Marine s can all join it. It is for all Marines of all Eras to get together and hang out. Plus others can join as associates.

Semper Fi

echo...I'm there with you on not being close enough to a detachment from best I can tell. I really would consider starting a detachment but haven't had the time to check out the requirements for such an act. The main page is rather sparse on information. Even doing an at large membership would require an hour drive (minimum). Also considered joining a legion post, but to many bums at the one I visited.

Thanks guys, well I guess Im going to sign up as a Member at Large. What about the uniforms is that something that they give you. Or is it something you have to buy. I kinda like the red jacket uniform I think it looks pretty slick. Semper Fi.

Echo, just join the Reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Thanks guys, well I guess Im going to sign up as a Member at Large. What about the uniforms is that something that they give you. Or is it something you have to buy. I kinda like the red jacket uniform I think it looks pretty slick. Semper Fi.
    You have to purchase your own MCL uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    You have to purchase your own MCL uniforms.
    K Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Was that a joke or being serious lol

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    So I wanna join the Marine Corps League, unfortunately there is not a local Detachment here in my area. Plus to be honest I, havn't the slightest clue on how to get one going in my town. There are a few in the General Area, but they are all at least Hour and Half, to Two Hours away. I was thinking about joining as Member At Large, instead of signing up for one Detachment due to my location. I figured this way I could bounce around to different ones. My questions on this how do the Detachements look at a Member at Large comming to there Detachement, while not actually being a member of that Detachment. Also any info on the League in General is helpful. Semper Fi
    Here is a link from the MCL National site that may be helpful: (instructions about forming a Detachment

http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/index.ph...isplay&ceid=13

There's no MCL detachment here on Maui either and after talking with a couple of guys I know here we may get together and try to start one.

Semper Fi...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Seconded.

AM I eligable to join the MCL and if I am what type of uniform am I SUPPOSE TO BUY?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE

SEMPER FI MY BROTHERS

Navy Corpsman that have trained with Marine FMF units in excess of 90 days and earned the MC Device (claps) worn on the Service Ribbon and those who earn the Warfare Device authorized for FMF Corpsmen shall also be eligible for regular membership.

I would hold off on the uniform until you become a member. Your Detachment will fill you in on all that you need.

I just joined the Marine Corps League last month. My Detachment is having a cake cutting ceremony for the Marine Corps Birthday tonight. I have not been there long enough to get my MCL uniform but I still have my dress blues and they sre a little snug but they still fit. What is the proper etiquette for dressing for this type of ceremony? I am a little rusty on the etiquette part, I have been out of the Corps for 30 years. Thanks for any help.

Thread Information