What should I do?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

What should I do?

Semper Fidelis Marines!

So my question is this, I just got BA in Accounting and I was thinking about joining the Marines, but should I go Officer or Enlisted? I really love playing Call of Duty and I think it would be awesome to be a Recon Sniper but at the same time what is a good route to hand in hand with my degree? It's hard to find a job nowadays so I figured getting a job in the Marine Corps would be a nice stepping stone to get some experience. Kind of like hit it and quit it you know what I mean? So what do you all think I should do?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Join the Navy, JAG corp would be my guess, you dont have what it takes to be a grunt

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by The DUKE View Post
    Join the Navy, JAG corp would be my guess, you dont have what it takes to be a grunt
    How do you know i don't have what it takes bro? I don't want to be NAVY unless I can go SEAL, but im not a very good swimmer and I hear they swim a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Slaughter View Post
    How do you know i don't have what it takes bro? I don't want to be NAVY unless I can go SEAL, but im not a very good swimmer and I hear they swim a lot.
    Go talk to a Navy Recruiter and im sure he can set you up with a SEAL package. Ill talk to some of the Instructors down in Coronado and tell them to excuse you from any training that involves water. You wont have to swim at all.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CQB0316 View Post
    Go talk to a Navy Recruiter and im sure he can set you up with a SEAL package. Ill talk to some of the Instructors down in Coronado and tell them to excuse you from any training that involves water. You wont have to swim at all.

I doubt you have that kind of pull, but I guess its worth a shot, thanks brosef, you are frolicking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Slaughter View Post
    I doubt you have that kind of pull, but I guess its worth a shot, thanks brosef, you are frolicking awesome.
    You know what would really through him for a loop. Walk in his office and kill yourself.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok, enough of the jackassery please. Let me clarify my question(s):

1. Should I go officer or enlisted? I want the opportunity to get know how things run enlisted side before going officer (have a friend in the Corps that says he hates "Boot Lieutenants" because they don't understand.)

2. If I go officer will I still be able to do grunt stuff or what?

3. Whether enlisted or officer, do you think I should go for something related to my degree or should I go grunt? I really want to do both but I know its not possible, so what do you guys think would provide the best experience?

SEALs swim a lot, Recon swims alot. So I would do something that involves your degree

Credits
    Savings
    I just noticed you did FAST and FASTEUR. LMFAO! Sounds kind of sexual, what does it entail?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Regardless of what route you take to get there. When you arrive to your unit wearing a gold bar on your collar you are a brand new (boot) Lieutenant. If your friend is instructing you to dislike anyone with a gold bar then he is passing bumb scoop.

Every Marine from day one is taught to be a leader. Every Marine is a leader regardless of what is on their collar. You need to analyze yourself and ask the question.... "Can I lead a platoon?".

Some others on here have recommended to prospective officers that they visit an OCS website.

Here you are just gonna get hazed for being a college boy whose primary interest is X-box.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Regardless of what route you take to get there. When you arrive to your unit wearing a gold bar on your collar you are a brand new (boot) Lieutenant. If your friend is instructing you to dislike anyone with a gold bar then he is passing bumb scoop.

Every Marine from day one is taught to be a leader. Every Marine is a leader regardless of what is on their collar. You need to analyze yourself and ask the question.... "Can I lead a platoon?".

Some others on here have recommended to prospective officers that they visit an OCS website.

Here you are just gonna get hazed for being a college boy whose primary interest is X-box.

Thanks sarge, I play on Playstation though, do you have a psn? Maybe we can play together some time. He told me that officers that used to be enlisted make a lot better leaders, you disagree?

These threads are becoming a classic hit

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I joke around with some fellow sergeants by calling them sarge. That is reserved for us. You should be advised though that to you I am either bulkyker or Sergeant.

Please re-read what I posted. Whether you took an enlisted avenue or straight through the pipeline you check in with a gold bar you are considered a brand new lieutenant.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I joke around with some fellow sergeants by calling them sarge. That is reserved for us. You should be advised though that to you I am either bulkyker or Sergeant.

Please re-read what I posted. Whether you took an enlisted avenue or straight through the pipeline you check in with a gold bar you are considered a brand new lieutenant.

Sorry Sergeant, I didn't realize...

Whats the process of going to OCS? I never did any ROTC or anything like that and I'm already out of college. Can I just go to a recruiter and they will help me or do I have to do something special like write my congressman?

This whole thing sounds like Achped to me.

Thread Information