Boot Camp Platoon Chalenges
Create Post

Boot Camp Platoon Chalenges

Hello, Marines. I've been simply looking over the site and gaining insight recently. My question was about Boot Camp. What are the awards/trophies that are shown at http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/for platoon 1029? I've tried using the search function but all that appears is a white screen every time. Thanks.

Let's see, there's rifle range, pft, drill, knowledge...those are the things I can think of off the top of my head. Looks like one plt took everything but one trophy.

There is also a trophy for the "field meet" which is one of the last platoon vs. platoon events. It consists of a tug-a-war, and a few other things.

I never had that at SD..must be a PI thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rufio14 View Post
    I never had that at SD..must be a PI thing.
    I think it is. They have them between snack time and afternoon naps.

This coming from recruits that actually leave boot camp to go to a baseball game. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    This coming from recruits that actually leave boot camp to go to a baseball game. Imagine that.
    Rumors, apparently told to you during storytime. Remind me...does that come before or after your Drill Instructors tucked you in?

Rumors? Told to me by multiple Marines I work with, that graduated from MCRDSD. AND, I've seen pictures of it. It happens every single year for recruits that are at a certain phase, during military appreciation day. Sorry, truth hurts.

Oh, and they all say the same thing when we tease them about getting to go out and eat hotdogs, and pizza, and popcorn with the civilians; "The D.I.s pitted us for it when we got back".

Still don't believe me? Check out the BCGs and lack of rank insignia.

Marine recruits from the Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego saluted in front of the San Diego skyline during the national anthem before a baseball game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Diego Padres Sunday. (Denis Poroy/Associated Press)

HAHA...damn SD Marines suck. Burn a while and get back to me about how much more hardcore SD is.

In 2008 and 2009, during every Sunday home game, the Padres wear camouflage jerseys, green hats and road pants in honor of the military. They also wear these uniforms on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. Recruits from the nearby Marine Corps Recruit Depot often visit the games en masse, in uniform, often filling entire sections in the upper deck. When they are present, the team commemorates this with a special Fourth Inning Stretch featuring the Marine Hymn. This is part of an extensive military outreach program, which also includes a Military Appreciation Night game, and game tapes mailed to deployed United States Navy ships of the Pacific Fleet for onboard viewing (a large portion of the Pacific Fleet is homeported in San Diego).

Well most recently they have been sending graduating companies on their last sunday in boot camp.. which means they have earned the Title and are Marines.. although they still are recruits really lol. This is how it was for me and through out all of boot I saw companies that graduated before me go to the games. When was this picture taken??

Rumors? Told to me by multiple Marines I work with, that graduated from MCRDSD. AND, I've seen pictures of it. It happens every single year for recruits that are at a certain phase, during military appreciation day. Sorry, truth hurts.

Oh, and they all say the same thing when we tease them about getting to go out and eat hotdogs, and pizza, and popcorn with the civilians; "The D.I.s pitted us for it when we got back".
    Must've been nice for them. I know for sure I didn't go to any baseball game in '07. Instead Pendelton was on fire and we weren't really allowed to do anything. (Except a BC inspection in the haze...on my birthday...)

Still don't believe me? Check out the BCGs and lack of rank insignia.

HAHA...damn SD Marines suck. Burn a while and get back to me about how much more hardcore SD is.
    This is obviously a professional who has photoshoped these hardcore Marine recruites from San Diego into the picture.

Ok, so maybe it happens? I know for a fact that it didn't exist when I went through bootcamp in 2002. Come to think of it, the season was over by then though so who knows?

According to some of the older Marines this has actually been around since the 70s. You just have to go to recruit training at the right time. Check out the Chesty's Hooch forum, there's a topic on there about this.

Yeah, I've given up! I'm just saying that I've never done it or seen it. It's like one of those things where if you close your eyes, then it's not really happening

Recruits have been going to baseball games for many years. But not every recruit will go. Baseball is not a year round sport and when it is played, not every game is in SD and the military has no interest in most of the games.

I believe they attend only one or two games during military appreciation week. And some recruits also go to Balboa Hospital to donate blood.

Anyone who says because of this that SD Marines are this or that..well what does that say about the person making this claim?

Thread Information