Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    im a poolee who is 5' 8' 142 lbs.
    im wondering if i would die in pugil stick training
    IST SCORES:
    20 pullups
    108 Crunches
    10:00 1.5 mi

Quote Originally Posted by moto83 View Post
    Lol trust me, whether it's softer or not doesn't matter. You're still a United States Marine in the end. That means a lot and you will find that out if you ever get the chance to work with the Navy and you probably will at some point. I got out of boot 20080424 and I'm now stationed a few miles away at the Air Station. I have been on a carrier with about 3000 Navy and 150 of us. The reaction to us is quite different between sailors. Either they love us and want to be like us, or they hate us out of jealousy because their command tells them to be more like us. We do drills all day with them and from what I learned in boot and MCT I am able to immediately respond to situations 100 percent faster and more thorough than sailors as was proven and brought up by their Senior Chief. He specifically mentioned myself and two other Marines that taught a group of his sailors how to respond to a specific medical emergency both perfectly and with almost no time to react. Boot camp is in no way simple or "soft." It is flawless in creating the proper combat mindset in the right individual.

This comment right here while likely true when it comes to the POGs on board a ship serving in the "real" Navy. EXTREMELY bothers those of us "slow, dumb Sailors" who are beside our Marines everyday through thick and thin. Just cause the POGs are slow and dumb does NOT make all Navy guys slow and dumb...

Remember even one of us "slow, dumb Sailors" helped the Marines lift that flag over Iwo... Obviously not too slow or dumb...

Hey Marines , How often do you run on boot camp ?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Funny..

How recruits these days can gather a HUGE amount of information
    while Marines who fought in WWII, Vietnam or the Gulf War just did it
    because they wanted to and didn't know what to expect..

I wish I could be in that position, not knowing what's to come, the more information you have, the harder it will be (in my opinion). Congrats Marine!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by randyfl View Post
    Maybe this helps you..

http://futurejarheads.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by randyfl View Post
    You run every where, you mess up in drill... you run back and do it all over. Returning from making a head call, you run back

Quote Originally Posted by moto83 View Post
    Lol trust me, whether it's softer or not doesn't matter. You're still a United States Marine in the end. That means a lot and you will find that out if you ever get the chance to work with the Navy and you probably will at some point. I got out of boot 20080424 and I'm now stationed a few miles away at the Air Station. I have been on a carrier with about 3000 Navy and 150 of us. The reaction to us is quite different between sailors. Either they love us and want to be like us, or they hate us out of jealousy because their command tells them to be more like us. We do drills all day with them and from what I learned in boot and MCT I am able to immediately respond to situations 100 percent faster and more thorough than sailors as was proven and brought up by their Senior Chief. He specifically mentioned myself and two other Marines that taught a group of his sailors how to respond to a specific medical emergency both perfectly and with almost no time to react. Boot camp is in no way simple or "soft." It is flawless in creating the proper combat mindset in the right individual.
    Your boot a*s is god damn retarded. No way in hell is a Marine out of boot camp even close to being the same as a Navy Corpsman. I'll take my squads Corpsman on patrol any day over most Marines because I know he knows not only his job, and is damn good at it, but that of a rifleman too.
    " It is flawless in creating the proper combat mindset in the right individual." LOL how the fu*k would you know that? Your boot a*s has never been in combat. Boot camp is retard and teaches nothing but drill and how to get hazed so you are prepared for it in the fleet when you will get hazed. I didn't use a god damn thing from boot camp on deployment.

I grad 20101015 something I learned do not say Oohray or Semper Fi down there you will get messed up

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoc5 View Post
    This comment right here while likely true when it comes to the POGs on board a ship serving in the "real" Navy. EXTREMELY bothers those of us "slow, dumb Sailors" who are beside our Marines everyday through thick and thin. Just cause the POGs are slow and dumb does NOT make all Navy guys slow and dumb...

Remember even one of us "slow, dumb Sailors" helped the Marines lift that flag over Iwo... Obviously not too slow or dumb...
    Amen, a DevilDoc too if I remember correctly? Well I'm not a Marine, but God Bless the Navy too, the Marine Corps wouldn't BE here without the Navy's assisstance in any and everyway.

Btw, thank you so much for the advice Marines.

Some good info a couple Marines at my job gave me was, "Recruit training is not set up for anybody to fail. If anything they want you to go through and earn your title. Alot of guys go through messing up but you know what they show that they have the heart to push through and they graduated with me. You go in and give it all you have, dont worry if you cant run the 3 miles or you cant even run 2. When you leave you'll be able to run 3 or even 5 but remember this.....always put out and never give in. Yeah the DIs may talk trash to you but thats to help motivate you to push out more but in the back of their heads they see you giving it your all. Thats what the Corps is about, giving it your all at all times regardless of situations that maybe jacked to all hell but getting the job done."

This coming from a guy who said he went in at 29 and graduated when he was 30. They call him "Moto" and he still lives the Corps everyday from the high and tight cut to power walking to go get tools. He trained me 1 day showing me various pt they did during basic and I wont lie....I was dead tired and super sore but you know what he told me? You'll be good to go bro, the way I seen you push through your own comfort zone and go on shows me you have what it takes to become a Marine.

I'm lucky enough to work near Marines and even talk to active Marines at times. They all speak the same lango of RT.

CONGRATULATIONS MARINE! A short but about myself that should also serve as my question. I have been to a few of my first pool pt sessions and have been in the b**** circle lagging behind a little (haven't puked yet) and I am just hoping that, with repetition and dedication I will stop feeling like dying and perform like some of the others who seem to be thriving pretty well. Just tell me the body adapts to this punishment so that I can improve my stats.
    6'2" 230lbs 26 yrs old
    IST: Pull ups: 6
    Crunches: 52 (2 min)
    1.5 mile run: 12:45

Quote Originally Posted by Kingniceslice View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS MARINE! A short but about myself that should also serve as my question. I have been to a few of my first pool pt sessions and have been in the b**** circle lagging behind a little (haven't puked yet) and I am just hoping that, with repetition and dedication I will stop feeling like dying and perform like some of the others who seem to be thriving pretty well. Just tell me the body adapts to this punishment so that I can improve my stats.
    6'2" 230lbs 26 yrs old
    IST: Pull ups: 6
    Crunches: 52 (2 min)
    1.5 mile run: 12:45

First and foremost I am not a Marine, I am in the DEP and ship out in less than 2 weeks. Just incase you havent checked my profile( which you should because i have learned from reading posts by fakes and big time wanna be's ) ANYWAY... i am female! So my IST standards are somewhat differnt than that of my male counterparts. As far as I can tell, you have a passing IST so you should be good to go and be proud of what you've done. My 1st ISTwas horrific!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    1.5 mile run was 18:whatever
    Crunches 8 yes 08
    Flexed arm hang: couldnt stay above the bar @ all
    I had a dedicated RSS that sent multiple recruiters my way to do PT with me on MANY occasions and now
    1.5 mile run 14:37
    Crunches 102
    Flexed arm hang 49 sec
    I can tell you from experience that its all really in your head. I am sure you have heard this many times but for real... my RSS Staff Sergeant likes to say " your body will achieve what you mind concieves" and its true. I want to be a US Marine more than anything I've ever wanted so I busted butt, dealt with the pain and now will have my chance to earn the title in 9 days. Just keep your head up and stay focused, pushing your limits EVERY day. Don't compare yourself to the other poolees either, as your profile states, you are quit older than your fellow poolees. Comparing yourself to others isn't nearly as important as acheiving your own goals. Go get what you want!!
    Best of Wishes !
    -Poolee Blessard (W.V)
    Hope this was somewhat helpful

Any advice on how to "start running and keep running"? It seems the obvious answer is to just do it but how often should I be running in preparation for Parris Island? I am sure most people would answer, "every day" but I have also heard that coming from not running but once a week, that can be bad for your body. Any tips on how to eat before running either? Thanks so much for any advice and congratulations on earning The Title (even if my congratulations is a little late). Semper Fidelis!

Thread Information