Moto tat, opinions?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Moto tat, opinions?

Just wanting to get some opinions and ideas. This summer, I figure it's time for my first moto tat. My first tat ever, for that matter. I've looked at a lot of designs, and I'm probably going with the classic Eagle Globe and Anchor. I'm still torn about where I want it.. I'm thinking either chest or back. I also want words above and below it.. I actually had the idea to go with something a little more original than Semper Fi, USMC, all the stuff that everyone and their mother has inked on. Nothing wrong with that stuff, I just wanted something that would stand out. From the Marine Rifleman's Creed: "Defenders of my country" (above the EGA), and "Masters of our enemy" (below it). How does that sound? Cheesy? Too moto? I'd appreciate any opinions.. thanks.

Don't get a boot scar.

dont sound to bad. I never got one though. Alot of my fellow Marines regret getting theirs because it nothing is ever original unless you drew it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by benw2200 View Post
    Just wanting to get some opinions and ideas. This summer, I figure it's time for my first moto tat. My first tat ever, for that matter. I've looked at a lot of designs, and I'm probably going with the classic Eagle Globe and Anchor. I'm still torn about where I want it.. I'm thinking either chest or back. I also want words above and below it.. I actually had the idea to go with something a little more original than Semper Fi, USMC, all the stuff that everyone and their mother has inked on. Nothing wrong with that stuff, I just wanted something that would stand out. From the Marine Rifleman's Creed: "Defenders of my country" (above the EGA), and "Masters of our enemy" (below it). How does that sound? Cheesy? Too moto? I'd appreciate any opinions.. thanks.
    Tattoo your chevrons on your chest, in the proper position. Then tattoo your name tapes in their proper positions. Then get the EGA under "U.S. MARINES". Then...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get the Old School Marine Corps Bulldog with the Helmet on, the size of a Softball on your Bicep,or a Portrait of Chesty Puller full bust size on Your Chest over Your Heart...S/F

How about something like these. Have it put on your left chest with maybe...God, Country and Corps underneath it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't get the riflemans creed tatood on you. Any paragraphical wordy anything will stretch and fade and you'll spend the rest of your life trying to explain what that blue blob on your arm used to be.

Simple is good.

In time colors fade and complexity blurs out.
    I only get all black tats now. Shading gives the artist room for expression, and can even look saltier after some fading.
    Because I am not an artist I let the true artist work with my idea.
    My favorite Tattoo was going to be an Eagle Globe and Anchor, but the artist said how about this... and I got a really cool and original piece of art. The Globe and Anchor are typical enough but the eagle with wings raised in the Harley fashion makes the whole thing cool in my opinion.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    All my work, all 67 of them are done with bamboo, no machine work on me!!!
    The Colors and Detail last forever. I got tats done over 30 years ago and they look like they were done last week.

Happy Tatting.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Rocky:

I've got 2, both bamboo done, and I wouldn't have anything else. Problem is, finding someone 'stateside' to do it.

My "USMC" in Red, white and blue is almost as bright today as it was when I got it in Olongapo in 1985 (for the princely sum of 10 bucks LOL).

Now, the point about words fading/running together is valid. My "Death before Dishonor", in words, also done with Bamboo, in 1987 (and on my 2nd trip to Olongapo in 1987) has begun to 'run together' and become not very clear.

If I could find someone to do bamboo, I'd get more.

I've never heard of bamboo tattoos.. I'll probably just get mine done locally with a machine : /

Hopefully the letters will be big and distinct enough to not fade too badly. I'm not getting the entire USMC rifleman's creed, mind you, just the two lines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Chesty Puller Was A 0311...

This is My Rifle,this is my Gun,one is for Fightin' one is for Funn S/F

Nothing wrong with a Moto Tat, there are Marines that will tell you no, but it just depends on what they are. I have four tattoos myself, of course I got the good ol fashion bulldog with M-16 on my left upper arm. Plus I have USMC on my upper right hand arm. My third tat is an electric v guitar on my right inner lower arm. However my favorite moto, badazz tat is Semper Fi across my neck. Its right below my adams apple, and no I never had regretted getting it one bit. Plus the chicks dig it to be honest. Just so ya know I didn't get my tats until 6 years of being out of the Corps.

hey ben just get what you want ,u have to live with it,no one else.your tat should represent you and your ideals,get the design you want and the wording you want,because it all comes down to what you want the tat to symbolize. i got 6 tats,and each one represents a specific moment in my life. My advice is be true to you and the Corps.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Rocky:

I've got 2, both bamboo done, and I wouldn't have anything else. Problem is, finding someone 'stateside' to do it.

My "USMC" in Red, white and blue is almost as bright today as it was when I got it in Olongapo in 1985 (for the princely sum of 10 bucks LOL).

Now, the point about words fading/running together is valid. My "Death before Dishonor", in words, also done with Bamboo, in 1987 (and on my 2nd trip to Olongapo in 1987) has begun to 'run together' and become not very clear.

If I could find someone to do bamboo, I'd get more.

Nice Jason!!!.
    Your right about small lettering running together. As we get older our skin loses it's elasticity that's why I don't have anything small and the bold block lettering is Great if you need a touch up down the road.

My profile picture on my page shows a few Tats that were done in Bamboo and they are Sharp and Crisp with no Blow out lines.

Jason, if you want to get more Tats done in Bamboo, there are 2 Major " Tattoo Tours" that cross the whole country in the Summer time. Some of the Worlds Premier Bamboo Artists are on that tour.

If you want I can send you a PM of the Tour schedule of what Cities and Dates and Times or if there is enough interest I can Post it here if the OP doesn't mind.

The Great Part is, is that you can Book an Appt. with the Artist of your choice right online.

Big Bucks though!!! No half Sleeves for 10 bucks like the Old Days .

Semper Fi Brothers and Sisters and Happy Inking .
    Rocky

Thread Information