Pistol Qual.
Create Post

Thread: Pistol Qual.

Pistol Qual.

Im new to the fleet and im an 0352. Currently im am a PFC. I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me at what rank I rate the oppurtunity to qual with a pistol. Thank you.

That depends on your unit. As an 0352, you should be given that oppertunity. Some units make their 0352's carry rifles and some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Meyers View Post
    Im new to the fleet and im an 0352. Currently im am a PFC. I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me at what rank I rate the oppurtunity to qual with a pistol. Thank you.

You also need to change your "name" from Pooliee Meyers to something else.

I'm going to get off the subject, are scopes used today when qualifying with the rifle?

Credits
    Savings
    When I qual'd in June there was something about Marines qual'ing with RCO/ACOGs on the KD portion and broomstick (forward grips) or some such on the "Field Fire" portion. When we asked about this, we recieved only vague answers. Something to do with satisfying annual training (at the discretion of the command, not the Marine, I believe) but not qualifying for badge or score. Perhaps the old score/class is retained? Not much of an answer, so I apologize...

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    You also need to change your "name" from Pooliee Meyers to something else.
    Got him covered Gunny! This new one is much more motivating!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Got him covered Gunny! This new one is much more motivating!
    Thanks. Gotta look out for these young pups.

Credits
    Savings
    Much better...

Thanks everyine you helped a lot. We are issued rifles and we carry them in the AT's with us. I was just hoping to get that extra mark in my record saying ive gotten it done. Thanks again for the name change Coporal, this one fits better. And thanks for the advice Gunny.

Basically, they'll get to you in good time, but you'll get it eventually. However, you *may* only 'famfire' and not actually qualify. It really depends on the unit and how they decide to work it. It might also be a 'rank' thing, sometimes it works that way as well.

Thread Information