Officer or enlisted for future force recon and or marsoc operator
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Officer or enlisted for future force recon and or marsoc operator

I am 15, a freshman in high school and looking for answers. I know full well what I'm getting myself into and that it won't come easy. I also know that it takes a lot of blood sweat and years to get there but I will. Now down to business. Would I get more time downrange, actually doing missions as an officer or enlisted because I don't care about the "prestige" of being an officer or the increased pay, I want to be next to a group of hard, tough guys that have my back because I have theirs for as long as I can. I am smart, 4.0 gpa and good standardized test scores and also athletic, one of the most all around athletic guys in my grade. What kind of advice can I gather from y'all? Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    At 15 your to young to be thinking about joining the Marine Corps.
    Finish school, keep getting good grades and then readdress this when you are a senior.

Enlisted.

Asked, answered, done.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCMike View Post
    I am 15, a freshman in high school and looking for answers. I know full well what I'm getting myself into and that it won't come easy. I also know that it takes a lot of blood sweat and years to get there but I will. Now down to business. Would I get more time downrange, actually doing missions as an officer or enlisted because I don't care about the "prestige" of being an officer or the increased pay, I want to be next to a group of hard, tough guys that have my back because I have theirs for as long as I can. I am smart, 4.0 gpa and good standardized test scores and also athletic, one of the most all around athletic guys in my grade. What kind of advice can I gather from y'all? Thanks

With grades like that don't waste your time with the military, officer or enlisted. Go to college and get a science/technical degree or learn a language like Chinese and apply for the CIA/NSA/FBI etc. etc.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I've been hearing a lot of that, but the only thing I see myself doing is joining the military.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCMike View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of that, but the only thing I see myself doing is joining the military.

You are hearing a lot of that because it's good advice.

enlisted. but at 15 i seriously doubt you know full well what you'd be getting yourself into. and you dont just join to go marsoc/recon. marsoc you have to be in for a while (multiple reenlistments), and have combat deployments (which you probably wont be able to do). recon is just a haze fest. they do the same thing as grunts but have better support / funding / less nitpicking (regulation ****) and they take pictures. big whoop.

Really! Recon is a haze test? Do the same things as grunts but have better support/funding/less nitpicking and take big pictures.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. And change your avatar; according to your profile, you are an active E-2, not a Lance Corporal E-3.

Come on over to the SOCNET, and tell us what a Recon Marine is and does. We'll be waiting for your observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer3 View Post
    Really! Recon is a haze test? Do the same things as grunts but have better support/funding/less nitpicking and take big pictures.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. And change your avatar; according to your profile, you are an active E-2, not a Lance Corporal E-3.

Come on over to the SOCNET, and tell us what a Recon Marine is and does. We'll be waiting for your observations.
    Actually I am an E-3, but thanks. And if you're seriously trying to nitpick people online for a profile discrepancy, i really don't need to go on with this argument.

But I will say, my point was that Recon isn't all that its made out to be to the average 15 year old (who the OP is). Probably should have just said that, but oh well.

Thread Information