Ballistic Sunglasses?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Ballistic Sunglasses?

I PROMISE Marines, I used the search on this.

Im stuck with BCG's in bootcamp.
    After that I will be wearing my contacts but most likely civilian glasses(still looking around and gunna buy.)

-My question is, are ballistic sunglasses prescription AND shades? I heard somewhere they were. If not I was curious if they have some neat looking military glasses that you can purchase? And when can I purchase ballistic or any others?

I don't want to be stuck with BCG's throughout my 4 years of service(IF I CAN BECOME ONE OF THE FEW), I want to look sharp on video, pictures, for family and friends if you can understand.

Thanks Marines!
    -David

MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS

Articles that may be worn while in uniform include inconspicuous wrist watches and rings. Sunglasses may be worn on leave, liberty, and in garrison but not in formation with troops, unless the need to wear sunglasses has been certified by medical authorities. When authorized for wear in formations, sunglass lenses will be of standard green or dark green shade or may be the type commonly referred to as "photosensitive." Sunglasses that do not have "photosensitive" lenses will not be worn indoors. Eyeglasses/sunglasses, when worn, will be conservative in appearance. Eccentric or conspicuous eyepieces are prohibited. Chains, bands, or ribbons will not be attached to eyeglasses; however, eyeglass restraints are authorized for safety purposes, but must be of conservative style/design. (IGMC)

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...MCUR/URCH1.htm

Credits
    Savings
    So are the Ballistic Sunglasses prescription and help with your vision and are also sunglasses no, mam?

Oh, and forgot to add, you can look sharp without the fancy ballistic glasses on your face.
    For now, worry about getting thru boot camp.

Credits
    Savings
    Simply curious if the fancy ballistic glasses improve my vision. I am blind as a bat.

I've never even heard of ballistic glasses until now. From what I've read on them so far, they provide superior eye protection when in hostile environments.
    If and when you make it thru boot camp, MCT/SOI training and your MOS school, and you arrive at your first duty station, you'll have to check with your command on that, I can't answer that for you.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you.

Yes, i wear safety (ballistic) polymer corrective progressive tri-focal lenses everyday working but they are "git dark" (transitional) lenses not sunglasses and there is peripheral distortion as opossed to plastic or glass lenses. So far glass is still the best for optimal correction, but not protection

--->Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Yes, i wear safety (ballistic) polymer corrective progressive tri-focal lenses everyday working but they are "git dark" (transitional) lenses not sunglasses and there is peripheral distortion as opossed to plastic or glass lenses. So far glass is still the best for optimal correction.

--->Dave
    So they are black and help your vision individually(perscribed to ONLY you)? Do you like them? Do you wear any other eye wear?

After Boot and combat training and my school when would I be able to purchase Eyewear?

Yes its my personal prescription from an eye doctor who examined my eyes. No they're not black they are clear indoors and they get dark with varying degrees of sunlight, more like a dark gray at the most. In fact the glass transitionals are reffered to as "photo gray"
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVESTRONGdave View Post
    After Boot and combat training and my school when would I be able to purchase Eyewear?
    Dude as soon as you get pay and liberty!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Yes its my personal prescription from an eye doctor who examined my eyes. No they're not black they are clear indoors and they get dark with varying degrees of sunlight, more like a dark gray at the most. In fact the glass transitionals are reffered to as "photo gray"Dude as soon as you get pay and liberty!
    Thank you so much! If and when upon completion of boot camp I hope to get them on my 10 day leave or something ya know?

ONE LAST question I promise lol. You can wear them wherever? Out in combat? In the office, barracks, whereever your at, Marine? Its allowed correct?

Ok, now I have a question. SlingerDun, do you wear these ballistic glasses all the time, or just for your job in the Marine Corps? They look like they are made out of plastic, that's why I ask.

Yes, No, Sometimes, Maybe and No! I also wears a pirate patch for 1 hour most everynight alternating eyeballs on the 1/2 .. as recommened by the "See Clearly Method" vision improvement program

Marines wear sunglasses all the time in uniform..I'm in Hawaii though. as long as there "tactical" I.E black,green,brown and don't have mirrored lenses (even then that's something people usually look past)

Thread Information