OCS / enlisting age limit
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

OCS / enlisting age limit

I am 28 years old turning 29 in may and I am seriously considering joining the Marine Corp. I have a college degree and am in good shape and consider myself to be a good athlete ( I played d1 lacrosse in college). What is the age limit for officer candidates or enlisting? ...and am I crazy to consider joining the Marines at my age? I really feel as though serving my country by becoming a Marine is something I want to do. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've read both 31 and 33 at the time of commissioning. Best bet is to call your local recruiter and have him put you in touch with your local OSO. They'll know best.

I'm in the same boat - 29 and would be 30 upon my commissioning. I'm early in the application process, but my OSO Asst. makes it sound like a slam dunk provided you have a respectable PFT score. Their concern doesn't seem to be your age as much as it is your physical fitness for the rigors of OCS. I'm no expert, though. Just hoping I get in as well!

You should move fast...I heard scuttlebutt that there are few slots.

http://marineofficer.com/

richerich, please clarify: you heard there were only a few slots for this summer? October? January? Or few slots for age waiver applicants period?

Cool Profile.

Credits
    Savings
    I would be interested in the answer to what those age limits are as well.

I am 27 now, but I have a fair amount of work to do on my PT. I estimate that it will take me 6 months to a year to lose the weight, and get in the best shape I have ever been. I am determined to show up at OCS comitted, and fully prepared. To do this, however, I know it will take some time, and I don't wanna be on the wrong side of the age limit when I'm ready!

I contacted the OSO for Manhattan (closest to me) and I traded some e-mail with a SSgt Velazquez. He was helpful initially, but after I told him about my situation, I have't heard back with any specific answers. I don't blame him, I know recruiters of any type are busy (and in my current shape I probably wouldn't talk to me either).

One of the questions I written him about was regarding age limits, so if anyone finds out, please post up! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by psulax View Post
    I am 28 years old turning 29 in may and I am seriously considering joining the Marine Corp. I have a college degree and am in good shape and consider myself to be a good athlete ( I played d1 lacrosse in college). What is the age limit for officer candidates or enlisting? ...and am I crazy to consider joining the Marines at my age? I really feel as though serving my country by becoming a Marine is something I want to do. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

For someone that is college edjumencated you sure can't read very well. Site rules...... FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    For someone that is college edjumencated you sure can't read very well. Site rules...... FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE.
    KawiGunny...I apologize, I did not notice that on the rules

As long as you didn't play lacrosse for Duke...

I have no idea, I heard the scuttlebutt on this site. Point being, get in touch w the officer recruiter. And don't dress like a bag a trash when you first meet him/her. Treat it like a job interview.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcguiregc View Post
    richerich, please clarify: you heard there were only a few slots for this summer? October? January? Or few slots for age waiver applicants period?

Thread Information