Marine Officer Programs - Page 22
Create Post
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
    futureMarine19, there's nothing wrong with quoting a post, but one should make sure that it's a fairly current one, not one from 2003 and that the member is an active one. That's why we fill out our profiles. It only takes a few seconds to check it out.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    futureMarine19, there's nothing wrong with quoting a post, but one should make sure that it's a fairly current one, not one from 2003 and that the member is an active one. That's why we fill out our profiles. It only takes a few seconds to check it out.

You're absolutely right Miss Lisa. But son pick a spot where you want to post. Don't be jumping all over the place, it only confuses us. This probably isn't the best place so go back to your original post and carry on from there. Good luck to you but I'm through.

If any more current gouge is needed I can try to answer some questions. I went through OCS in the summer of 09 and commissioned Sunday, April 15th of this year. I don't post on this site often but will try to make it a habit of checking if it will help answer some questions. I will be reporting to TBS June 7th, so the frequency of my responses will probably die off considerably.

Sir, i had a quick question. I'm returning to school after taking two years off in order to join the Reserves and was wondering if there is anything different i should do in order to begin the process of attending OCS.

What would you say is the best way to prepare for OCS physically so that when i do go talk to an OSO i can be prepared in everyway possible.

Thanks and Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jpd002 View Post
    Sir, i had a quick question. I'm returning to school after taking two years off in order to join the Reserves and was wondering if there is anything different i should do in order to begin the process of attending OCS.

What would you say is the best way to prepare for OCS physically so that when i do go talk to an OSO i can be prepared in everyway possible.

Thanks and Semper Fi
    If you are in fact talking to me, I don't think there is much you should do different. I would get in contact with an OSO pronto, no point in delaying to get 'prepared' when you can get in contact with them now and get the ball rolling. They will help you prepare, give you advice, and hook you up with other candidates who can give you direct help.

As far as preparing for OCS physically, just make sure you are running more than 3 miles on your longest runs. This may seem like odd advice considering the longest run we had at OCS was a 5 miler in boots and utes, but it will help with stamina on other events such as the E-course.

Also, if you're in the reserves you should be fine on the humps, but for people with no experience with humping, that could be a real challenge. Just make sure you know why YOU want to become a Marine officer and remember, you're an Officer first and foremost. Your job is to serve Marines.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd002 View Post
    Jordan -- PT - as the lieutenant said, endurance is the key.

A first class PFT is the minimum acceptable, and if you score under 225 at anytime during OCS they can "board you" and send you home. I can't comment on how likely that is, but it is possible and is part of the harassment package. That being said, for the local OSO in my area, he's not shipping anyone who isn't running a 275 or better -- too many candidates, not enough seats.

Much of the organized stress at OCS is done through PT - that and giving you problems that can't be solved with the constraints given (all just to see how you react). Just remember, everything is a test.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Mike View Post
    Jordan -- PT - as the lieutenant said, endurance is the key.

A first class PFT is the minimum acceptable, and if you score under 225 at anytime during OCS they can "board you" and send you home. I can't comment on how likely that is, but it is possible and is part of the harassment package. That being said, for the local OSO in my area, he's not shipping anyone who isn't running a 275 or better -- too many candidates, not enough seats.

Much of the organized stress at OCS is done through PT - that and giving you problems that can't be solved with the constraints given (all just to see how you react). Just remember, everything is a test.
    Spot on information. We had a prior Sergeant not even pick up because he was below the minimum acceptable PFT. Going up to the boards is common, even if you are passing all events. We had a candidate pass everything pretty well, but he didn't have the right leadership abilities (hard to explain) and the instructors sent him to boards around week 7 or 8 and he went home.

You should be running around a 280 or higher for OCS or else you will struggle.

Hi there.
    I am from the UK and am moving to the US in Sept '11 with my parents. I would like to join your Marine Corp as an Officer and wondering whether any of you had any advice, hints and general info about being an Officer and the Corp. At the moment I am a Youth Worker working in the Prison Service over here which I really enjoy but want to do something more. I am physically active and generally love anything that gets the blood pumping. I have started a degree in Law in part time study, but wouldnt finish in time for Sept.
    Thanks alot
    S/F

Dannyuk....try searching the site. The questions you're asking have been covered many times before..........and it's Marine Corps, not Corp.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Dannyuk....try searching the site. The questions you're asking have been covered many times before..........and it's Marine Corps, not Corp.
    Lisa he's thinking about the corporate Marines. The ones who deal only in hostile takeovers

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyuk View Post
    Hi there.
    I am from the UK and am moving to the US in Sept '11 with my parents. I would like to join your Marine Corp as an Officer and wondering whether any of you had any advice, hints and general info about being an Officer and the Corp. At the moment I am a Youth Worker working in the Prison Service over here which I really enjoy but want to do something more. I am physically active and generally love anything that gets the blood pumping. I have started a degree in Law in part time study, but wouldnt finish in time for Sept.
    Thanks alot
    S/F
    Danny first you'll need a Green Card to prove your a legal resident, then you'll need a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university. I know the US and the British education systems are different but a BA or BS in this country takes at least 4 years. Get that far and we'll talk

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Lisa he's thinking about the corporate Marines. The ones who deal only in hostile takeovers
    Good one Cmdr Dan....

Quote Originally Posted by dannyuk View Post
    Hi there.
    Thanks alot
    S/F
    Danny - not sure of your status, but one must be a U.S. citizen to be commissioned as an Officer of Marines.

Hello everyone. I would like to know more about the Enlisted To Officer Program. Is there any Enlisted Marine or Marine Officer that can help me understand it more through a private message?

"Hello everyone. I would like to know more about the Enlisted To Officer Program. Is there any Enlisted Marine or Marine Officer that can help me understand it more through a private message?"

Hello Marines! I'd also like to find out any info on the Enlisted To Officer Program. I have limited understanding of the MCP and MECEP programs. I would really love to hear the experience of someone who has been through it before. Thanks!

Last edited by richtimsmarttim; 04-27-11 at 11:04 PM. Reason: accident

Thread Information