Want a laugh?
Create Post

Thread: Want a laugh?

Marine Friend Free Member Delta07Sev's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Want a laugh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_TlX...eature=related

Just a little video I found comparing Army BCT Reception to Marine Boot Camp Recieving. I figure a few of you Marines might get a kick out of it. I don't know what to make of the Army reception...I thought it would be tougher even for the Army.

AT 3:02.....DADT repeal kicked in quickly didn't it? Didn't know they used civilian contractors for clothing issue. I guess he has an eye for fasion.
    Thoughts, comments, concerns,....jokes?

EDIT: I don't really think thats how Army reception is really like. IDK how but someone has to be messing with it. No way it could be like that.

What exactly makes you an authority on the difference of the two. You have never been to either one. You should concentrate on #1 before some Drill Instructor grabs you by the stacking swivel and shakes your butt plate loose.

Marine Friend Free Member Delta07Sev's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    What exactly makes you an authority on the difference of the two. You have never been to either one. You should concentrate on #1 before some Drill Instructor grabs you by the stacking swivel and shakes your butt plate loose.
    Nothing makes me an authority on either. If anything im just going on whats portayed in the video and the media in general (that marines are tougher etc etc). I didn't mean to come off as if I had any authority. But your point is taken. I'll shut it.
    If the civilian contrator thing is what made me sound as if I thought I had any authority or experience, I was just saying that because I have heard that the army uses contractors for certain things and seeing how the barber or uniform issue person wasn't wearing a uniform, I made an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta07Sev View Post
    Nothing makes me an authority on either. If anything im just going on whats portayed in the video and the media in general (that marines are tougher etc etc). I didn't mean to come off as if I had any authority. But your point is taken. I'll shut it.
    If the civilian contrator thing is what made me sound as if I thought I had any authority or experience, I was just saying that because I have heard that the army uses contractors for certain things and seeing how the barber or uniform issue person wasn't wearing a uniform, I made an assumption.
    The barbers have been civilian for over 40 years at MCRD,Marines have other things to do than cut hair and issue uniforms.

Don't know if civilian's still issue clothing at MCRD, SD, but I do know that they did for a whole lot of years. Worked hand & hand with the Marines at the clothing issue point.

Doc in right, they have had civilian barbers since before I enlisted. They even have civilian's running and working in the mess halls these day, along with gate security provided by civilians. Make sure you engage brain housing group before you open your pie hole.

security provided by civilians..
    WHAT!
    Civilians guarding MCRD entrance gate.
    Well...I'll be dipped.

Back to topic....

Don't know if civilian's still issue clothing at MCRD, SD, but I do know that they did for a whole lot of years. Worked hand & hand with the Marines at the clothing issue point.

Doc in right, they have had civilian barbers since before I enlisted. They even have civilian's running and working in the mess halls these day, along with gate security provided by civilians. Make sure you engage brain housing group before you open your pie hole.
    Yes:

Civilians work in the clothing issue, there are only about.. 3 or 4 Marines that supervise and make sure that everything's good to go.

Chow hall is completely civilians on Parris Island... I did not see ANY Marines working there. Around the bases I've been to (NAS Pensacola, Jacksonville, Camp Pendelton, Camp Geiger, and MCAS Futenma) they ALL have a mix of a very few amount of Marines and then the rest are all civis.

(Just elaborating)

Pic of my chowhall that just received chowhall of the quarter:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6005/...4f1fc04564.jpg

Civilians have taken over many of the non-vital jobs on many military installations. Yes, that includes receiving clothing issue, barbers, chow hall and the such. On my base I have a mix of military police and civilian police...just to name a few examples

Thread Information