ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 63
Create Post
Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
    I got a 84 on my ASVAB and they gave me communications/electrician.

I scored a 60 overall but got a high score on EL at 120.

I will be a Aviation Electronic Technician.. Which could also be an Aviation Logistics. I would like my own office!

ASVAB: 99
    DLAB: 116

Waiting for the 26xx Cryptolinguist MOS (no spots open at the moment). If it takes too long, I might go with 03xx Infantry.

82 on the ASVAB and I'm going into Intelligence.

I got a 93, was pretty suprised... mostly because of my EL scores. I am trying to join a fleet band, I passed my auditions and will be going to Armed Forces School of Music in VA after boot camp and MCT.

I scored an 85, and I'm going Infantry.

After i swore in at MEPS and talked to my Liaison he told me that i would pick my job with my recruiter and to hurry up before i miss out , but later that day my recruiter told me i pick my job after boot camp. Can anyone tell me who is right and what i should do? I don't know if this is the right place for this question so I am sorry if it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Morandi18 View Post
    After i swore in at MEPS and talked to my Liaison he told me that i would pick my job with my recruiter and to hurry up before i miss out , but later that day my recruiter told me i pick my job after boot camp. Can anyone tell me who is right and what i should do? I don't know if this is the right place for this question so I am sorry if it isn't
    Neither. You pick 3 job categories with your recruiter, then at MEPS is where you sign your final job category contract. You are issued you actual specific job towards the end of boot.

I got a 94 on the ASVAB and a 104 on the DLAB (not sure on the DLAB score, could be wrong) and am going for the intellegence feild. Since I am graduating from high school early i may be shipping early as well.

Last edited by lucknlove; 01-13-12 at 10:10 AM. Reason: ommited some information I felt I should add to my post upon closer revision

Quote Originally Posted by Affe View Post
    Neither. You pick 3 job categories with your recruiter, then at MEPS is where you sign your final job category contract. You are issued you actual specific job towards the end of boot.
    When i signed my contract it was an open contract. Does that mean anything?

87 on the asvab, going to try for the Public Affairs field

Quote Originally Posted by Morandi18 View Post
    When i signed my contract it was an open contract. Does that mean anything?
    That pretty much means they will put you where they need to fit the needs of the Marine Corps. Sorry to break it to you, but if that's not what you wanted you should have done some research. I believe you will still get three choices but whether or not you get those MOS are up to them.

I'll send you a PM with another thread about this.

My AFQT is 98, but I'm going the reserve route, so my job options were a bit limited. I chose 1142 - Electrical Systems Technician, because I've never done anything like it and it seemed pretty interesting. Kind of wished I would have picked infantry, though.

93 on the ASVAB.
    122 on the DLAB.
    DD contract (Intelligence)

Just got my job program finalized.
    99 on ASVAB
    116 on DLAB
    DD contract

Thread Information