Support Me In Marine Corps Marathon Fundraising
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Support Me In Marine Corps Marathon Fundraising

I am training for the 26-mile 2004 Marine Corps Marathon which will take place on October 31, 2004 in Washington, DC. From May until October, I'll be logging over 500 miles in this six-month training program put on by the National AIDS Marathon Program benefiting the Whitman-Walker Clinic, the largest provider of HIV/AIDS services in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia that provides direct medical care, food, housing and other really important AIDS services.

I am currently training at the 16-mile mark with an average speed/split of 6:21 per mile and improving to 5:50 per mile by the 18-mile training mark. As a six-time Marine Corps Marathon finisher (1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003), finisher of the inaugural Washington DC Marathon (2002), and numerous other half-marathons, ten-milers, five-milers, 10k- and 5k-runs, I hope to make my seventh Marine Corps Marathon not simply a personal undertaking, but more importantly, to benefit those especially in need in the Capital region. I hope all Leatherneck.com members will show support now with as generous a contribution as possible. I am now halfway to reaching my personal goal of $1,700 by August 31, 2004; if at least 30 more people contributed $25.00, I would make my goal! Of course, I wouldn’t turn down bigger contributions!

As a Marine who strives for mission accomplishment in everything, from community service to actual deployment abroad, I plan on making my fundraising goal before the end of August, and with the help of Leatherneck.com, I know I can’t go wrong.

Contributions by credit card can be made on my personal web page on the National AIDS Marathon Training program site at http://www.aidsmarathon.com/particip...unner=DC-2222, or by going to http://www.aidsmarathon.com, selecting “Washington DC” as location, “Marine Corps Marathon” as the running event, and entering my runner number “2222”. Contribution forms can also be printed out from the site and mailed in (please remember to add my runner number 2222 on checks and on the contribution form.) All contributions are tax-deductible!

Semper Fidelis!

gwladgarwr (Fred)

2004 Marine Corps Marathon http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2222

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ran 16 miles today and will do 18 miles next Sat. during AT.

OUTSTANDING FRED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You For Your Hardwork and Dedication..........

Ellie

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    And if you need a place to stay - only 5 miles from the War Memorial - rather than a hotel - let me know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Marine Corps Marathon Charity Fundraiser

Thanks, y'all!

I live in PW County in VA, so I'm right up I-66. I'll just hope I'll be able to walk back to my car afterwards!

Last edited by gwladgarwr; 10-31-07 at 03:36 PM.

Passing on the word............

Ellie

For the folks that didn't see............

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Smile Marine Corps Marathon Fundraising

Here's a pic of me from last year's Marine Corps Marathon (yeah, I was hurting already and it wasn't even the halfway point yet - that's what a hangover from the night before does to you.)

Marathon Tip of the Day: don't drink while running in a marathon - the olive may fall out of your glass.

Attached Images Attached Images

Just A Reminder..........

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Marine Corps Marathon Fundraising

Thanks for keeping this post front and center, Ellie!

18 mile run next weekend and a half-marathon in two weeks! Fundraising is still hard-going, but I know folks will help me make my goal (any one wanna buy raffle tickets for Washington Mystics tickets?)

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Fundraising in the 2004 Marine Corps Marathon

Announcement:

USMC-FO has made a very generous and kind donation to Whitman-Walker Clinic on my behalf for the National AIDS Marathon Program and the Marine Corps Marathon - I'm now past the half-way mark in my fundraising drive. Everybody remember to thank USMC-FO for stepping up!

Still hoping other Leatherneck.com folks will contribute - link to my webpage at [/URL] http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2222. Remember - you will also be able to watch me and other runners in real time from the Marine Corps Marathon website at http://www.marinemarathon.com

I have only three weeks left for fundraising - help out a nice young Marine help the community!

gwladgarwr (Fred) Runner #2222

Supporting Our Fellow Marines...........

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Marine Corps Marathon Fundraiser

Thanks, again, Ellie!

I'm up to $1200.00 and a few more fundraising events left to go before Aug 31 - I can't wait until it's over!

http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2222

gwladgarwr

Thread Information