Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davblay
    I would like to make this a sticky so that all new pooles can see that there is a route for them to get motivating mail while in Boot camp. I write one letter each week to every recruit on my data base. I filed away my records last month for 2007 and found that I had written over 396 letters to recruits on both Depots. I only require that you PM me before you leave and get my address so you can write me one post card or letter with your boot address on it. I will add that to my data base and you will get one letter every week for 9 weeks, that will get you up to graduation week. Of course if you should get set back for some reason, I will continue to write until your graduation week with your new platoon.

If you have bunk mate that is not getting much mail, or he wants more, then forward his name and platoon number to me and he/she will be added as well.

I understand that you are Recruits and don't have much time to write, so I recommend that you take that time to write your family and loved ones, but if you chose you write to me, that is great as I enjoy reading mail to. If you ask me to I will post whatever information you want to pass along to the poolees on this site as well.

Again, I do this because I have time on my hands, I am a cancer patient, plus I enjoy helping you guys out any way I can. I expect no thanks form you just the chance to help you, that's all!

Semper Fi Poolees,,,,,and Mods please make this a sticky, will ya please?

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This coming March I will have been writing to recruites for one year. I only ask that the recruit send me one post card or letter with his/her boot camp address on the so i can add it to my data base, Once that is done you will recieve one letter every week for your entire stay in MCRD.

I only send motivation, nothing that will get you introuble with your DIs and such, As amtter of fact you can share my mail with your buddies. To be added to my data base, PM me and ask for my home address, write it down, thn when you get your boot camp address and you have time, send me a post card or letter so I can add you on my list for mail. It's that simple.

If you don't want my mail, that's fine as well, I respect your decision, but know this, US Mail is the only correspondance with the outside world while you are on either of the MCRDs,

Thank you Poolees for you time and Good Luck in Boot camp.

Dave

Davblay, that is wonderful. I heard that recruits that receive mail do much better in boot camp than those that don't, less injuries, less illness and do better in training, so keep up the good work.

Our organization would like to help also, so, if you pm me I will send you our address so we can support you in boot camp also. I know how uplifting getting mail is We are proud of all of you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davblay
    I would like to make this a sticky so that all new pooles can see that there is a route for them to get motivating mail while in Boot camp. I write one letter each week to every recruit on my data base. I filed away my records last month for 2007 and found that I had written over 396 letters to recruits on both Depots. I only require that you PM me before you leave and get my address so you can write me one post card or letter with your boot address on it. I will add that to my data base and you will get one letter every week for 9 weeks, that will get you up to graduation week. Of course if you should get set back for some reason, I will continue to write until your graduation week with your new platoon.

If you have bunk mate that is not getting much mail, or he wants more, then forward his name and platoon number to me and he/she will be added as well.

I understand that you are Recruits and don't have much time to write, so I recommend that you take that time to write your family and loved ones, but if you chose you write to me, that is great as I enjoy reading mail to. If you ask me to I will post whatever information you want to pass along to the poolees on this site as well.

Again, I do this because I have time on my hands, I am a cancer patient, plus I enjoy helping you guys out any way I can. I expect no thanks form you just the chance to help you, that's all!

Dave

God I love this job!

Dave

I'm afraid Dave, that you have a new problem to deal with...because there is another Motivator in this town...

Poolee's, please also know that you can contact myself and i will make sure to try and write to you! Good chance my letters will be coming from Fallujah, but they will come i promise!

Also, Dave is my hero. This old guy won't let anything beat him, so i'm sure he won't let me beat him at "motivating".

Round for you, from me Dave!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm still trying to figure out how a wannabe got a post deleted from the poolee hall because he is not a Marine?

You do great work Dave! Keep it up if it keeps you going.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just want to thank all the Poolees for the time they have taken to PM me for my address so they can get moto mail while in boot camp. My data base has room for many, many more names in it and I would love to send that mail every week. I had one recruit to pass his letter around the platoon and have his brother recruits sign up for my mail, them all being in the same platoon and all made it easy to enter them in my data base. Now I have 10 recruits in the same series graduating on the same day!

Again thank all of the poolees that have PMd me for my address, and keep it up, I love to write to you.

Dave

My son is currently at PI and the one thing he says is really motivating are the letters from home. I try and make sure he receives as many as possible. I took over his myspace account and his lazy friends that don't write letters can send him messages and I just copy and paste onto one of my letters. I remember mail call and it is very important. Thank you davblay for making sure the recruits have mail.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Hell yeah, any Recruit that needs a letter sent to them in boot camp just email me there stuff and ill write a letter. Im in Japan but ill do it. Hey u know i only got one letter in bootcamp and i hated it that, that was the only one, but sign me up sir. if you need my email send me a note thing.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post

Dave
    I want to express my thanks to all the poolees over the past months that have elected to use this free service that I offer them. I have noticed, however, that some poolees (turned recruit) have decided to make a shortcut even out of this friendly free service.

So to make it clear as to what I need for you to include, in your Card or letter, your Rank (Rct), last name, first name, middle initial, then your plt number, BN, and Company. Plus I need your Leatherneck.com username, to make sure you get mail.

I know that you may think that is a stupid thing to ask for, but believe me, I get mail from recruits with only a plt #, BN and Company, I get mail with only RCT, Last name. I don't know you people, therefore I need all of the address, as stated above! I am not a mind reader you know?

In the future, If I get any mail without the proper information, I will not reply! That means also that you need to make it legible, I can't read some of the hand writing on the envelopes. You would not believe some of the mail I get from recruits, that I know have at least a High School education! A lot have even more than that!

What I expect on the outside of the envelope is:

Rct, Crap, Iam A.
    Plt 0000, ?BN, ?-Company
    Box number or street address
    City, State Zip+plt number

On the inside of the letter all I really need is your username from Leatherneck.com. You can say anything else you want, but I NEED that information.

FYI.....I got two letters today from people that I do not know and can not make it out, and the other one is from a Recruit that only sent the last name! I can not, and will not reply to a half addressed envelope, It cost me .42 for every letter I send and I got 4 back today because of this very reason! Now that's $1.68 I just threw away! I don't mind sending mail, but please help me out here will ya? If the post office on the Depot doesn't recognize the name, how can I?

Poolees, I would appreciate your cooperation on this urgent matter.

Dave

Well I get to pick up imy new Marine on Friday from PI. Again he says that one of the things that kept him motiavated was mail call. I wrote to some of his platoon also and am still writing to a friend of my Marine that will graduate in October. Thanks Marines for keeping our recruits motivated. I will have a new Marine son and a new brother. Can you tell I am a Proud Dad.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oooooooo-Rah

Thread Information