Workout Schedule
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Workout Schedule

Hey, I'm just wondering if I have a good workout schedule goin on. Please let me know if I'm not doing enough or if I can just simply tweak something. Thanks guys.

Sun.- Rest
    Mon.- Arms and shoulders
    Tues. Rest (PT is random so I dont want to come the next day with sore muscles)
    Weds.-PT with the my RS
    Thurs.- Chest and Triceps
    Fri.- Back and biceps
    Sat.- Legs
    I also run at least 3 miles everyday except Sundays.

The program listed above sounds pretty good. I personally would give myself two full days of rest. The only thing that may be a downfall is the quantity and quality of exercise that one might preform. I personally prefer basic calisthenics over anything with weight. Trust me, power-lifters out their on the bench press.... You will regret that extra muscle when the BOOT comes a knockin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellinheim View Post
    The program listed above sounds pretty good. I personally would give myself two full days of rest. The only thing that may be a downfall is the quantity and quality of exercise that one might preform. I personally prefer basic calisthenics over anything with weight. Trust me, power-lifters out their on the bench press.... You will regret that extra muscle when the BOOT comes a knockin.
    I would do two days of rest in a row but I dont want to go to PT sore so i just rest the day before. Why would that extra muscle be a ***** at recruit training?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve018 View Post
    I would do two days of rest in a row but I dont want to go to PT sore so i just rest the day before. Why would that extra muscle be a ***** at recruit training?
    More muscle = more weight = less agility = more clumsy due to mass. Not to mention (from what I've heard) you'll lose all that mass since they go for endurance/memory vs bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve018 View Post
    Hey, I'm just wondering if I have a good workout schedule goin on. Please let me know if I'm not doing enough or if I can just simply tweak something. Thanks guys.

Sun.- Rest
    Mon.- Arms and shoulders
    Tues. Rest (PT is random so I dont want to come the next day with sore muscles)
    Weds.-PT with the my RS
    Thurs.- Chest and Triceps
    Fri.- Back and biceps
    Sat.- Legs
    I also run at least 3 miles everyday except Sundays.
    It all looks good bro but what do you mean by arms on monday lol? and just my opinion since you asked on saturday you shouldn't run since your doing legs or just run and dont work your legs whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DBrown View Post
    More muscle = more weight = less agility = more clumsy due to mass. Not to mention (from what I've heard) you'll lose all that mass since they go for endurance/memory vs bulk.

wow bro your so wrong there like seriously. more weight doesnt mean less agility its all on you and what you do. the reason when people get heavier they lose their agility is bcuz they stop running or doing cardio workouts etc. So i would have to disagree with you there bcuz i know some guys that are over 200lbs in shape that can out due guys that are 135 in amazing shape so you may want to double check that one. Also im 190lbs and look at my IST. That doesnt come over night, please dont take that as braggin either bro bcuz im no where, where i would like to be. my goal is pullups over 90 bcuz one of my recruiters can do 74 of them and for situps my goal is over 200 and the mile and a half is under 7 min. now to reach these goals its going to suck but im working on it.
    now i would deff have to agree with you for the endurance and memory in boot camp bcuz they work you hard, and memory wise you have to memorize the 11 general orders, ranks of enlisted and officer for the Marines and the Navy, memorize the rifles creed, the Marines song hymn, and im sur there is much more.

Quote Originally Posted by berts78 View Post
    wow bro your so wrong there like seriously. more weight doesnt mean less agility its all on you and what you do. the reason when people get heavier they lose their agility is bcuz they stop running or doing cardio workouts etc. So i would have to disagree with you there bcuz i know some guys that are over 200lbs in shape that can out due guys that are 135 in amazing shape so you may want to double check that one. Also im 190lbs and look at my IST. That doesnt come over night, please dont take that as braggin either bro bcuz im no where, where i would like to be. my goal is pullups over 90 bcuz one of my recruiters can do 74 of them and for situps my goal is over 200 and the mile and a half is under 7 min. now to reach these goals its going to suck but im working on it.
    now i would deff have to agree with you for the endurance and memory in boot camp bcuz they work you hard, and memory wise you have to memorize the 11 general orders, ranks of enlisted and officer for the Marines and the Navy, memorize the rifles creed, the Marines song hymn, and im sur there is much more.
    True, I know people that are athletic like that as well. Only difference is they aren't running an obstacle course..go run that and get back to me. Then again I could be completely wrong. But from everyone I've talked to being light and long is better then being solid mass and short (not saying anyone is short).

True, I know people that are athletic like that as well. Only difference is they aren't running an obstacle course..go run that and get back to me. Then again I could be completely wrong. But from everyone I've talked to being light and long is better then being solid mass and short (not saying anyone is short).
    haha i get ya man if what you mean by the obsitcle course the CFT then I got 2min 12 sec which it's good if you get under 2min 30sec thats what they want but one kid i know got 1min 55sec the fastest time ive heard of so far. What i mean by the CFT is when you sprint to the first cone crawl to the next hands and knees to the next then zig zag then drag your partner through a few cones and then carry him on your shoulder to the end then pick up amo boxes and sprint down zig zag throw the grenade 3 pushups then grab the amo cans and sprint back. Watchin people I thought it looked kinda easy but it kicked my butt lol.

http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/changeneededSEAL.htm

The fact of the matter is that power-lifting is not encouraged for the reasons DBrown listed above. It is true that there are people, even MARINES!, that have conquered this road. However, they have been power-lifting and preforming calisthenics longer than most of you reading this have be walking... I am not saying drop the weights, that is up to you. Read the above mentioned article, this Seal is considered the GO TO SOURCE for Seal fitness...

If you really want to get into it... Find a Rugby team, if there is one. and train with them XD, intense...

haha i get ya man if what you mean by the obsitcle course the CFT then I got 2min 12 sec which it's good if you get under 2min 30sec thats what they want but one kid i know got 1min 55sec the fastest time ive heard of so far. What i mean by the CFT is when you sprint to the first cone crawl to the next hands and knees to the next then zig zag then drag your partner through a few cones and then carry him on your shoulder to the end then pick up amo boxes and sprint down zig zag throw the grenade 3 pushups then grab the amo cans and sprint back. Watchin people I thought it looked kinda easy but it kicked my butt lol.
    No I'm not talking about the CFT, I'm talking about the ACTUAL obstacle course you will run in boot...

No I'm not talking about the CFT, I'm talking about the ACTUAL obstacle course you will run in boot...
    haha your going to have to explain that one lol. but once i get back from boot i would deff let you know.

... You mean you do not KNOW about the Confidence Course ..........

It all looks good bro but what do you mean by arms on monday lol? and just my opinion since you asked on saturday you shouldn't run since your doing legs or just run and dont work your legs whatever works for you.
    I forgot to mention that i dont run as on sat as well since im working out my legs haha.

And Cellinheim, ill check out that article

Oh, and btw, by arms i mean triceps and biceps, i also throw in some shoulder workouts too, or i should say i'm going to, I havent started that work out yet

Thread Information