How is ITB?
Create Post

Thread: How is ITB?

How is ITB?

Good evening Marines. I don't know if this is the right forum but I have some questions on ITB. First off why is it so hard? All I hear is that it is crazy hard but no one gives details as to what makes it so hard. Is it anything that I won't be able to handle after boot camp? What happens if you fall out of the hikes? Obviously you pt a lot but what type of pt is it? How often do you get liberty? Any advice for ITB? I'm crazy nervous that I won't be able to do it for some reason. I rate a 274 pft and a 276 CFT but the crucible was really hard for me. Does anyone have anything to calm my nerves and help me focus?

Thanks
    A.Frey

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrey View Post
    Good evening Marines. I don't know if this is the right forum but I have some questions on ITB. First off why is it so hard? All I hear is that it is crazy hard but no one gives details as to what makes it so hard. Is it anything that I won't be able to handle after boot camp? What happens if you fall out of the hikes? Obviously you pt a lot but what type of pt is it? How often do you get liberty? Any advice for ITB? I'm crazy nervous that I won't be able to do it for some reason. I rate a 274 pft and a 276 CFT but the crucible was really hard for me. Does anyone have anything to calm my nerves and help me focus?

Thanks
    A.Frey
    I can't speak from personal experience at ITB because I was never in it but I will say that it is much more physically demanding. Instead of regular PT, you are humping/hiking everywhere with weapons and heavy packs. No DI up your a$$ at all but your instructors expect you to put out a max effort on your own. Just like boot camp give it 100% and take it day by day. You'll do fine.

Its an endurance game, stick with it and you will be fine. There is no point in worrying about things that are out of your control, only time you should worry is when you hit the fleet.... That's where the real Marine Corps will begin for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrey View Post

Thanks
    A.Frey
    Why worry? Just like boot camp, do as your told.

You passed boot camp and now is a Marine. That's the hardest part.

You will make it Marine, I did as well as thousands of others.

Don't let your mind control you before the fight even started.

Just prepare the night before, listen and learn, don't get stupid, have a combat buddy and never, NEVER be late for duty and passs word to those that don't know.

Now is when those team building blocks you learn in boot camp will now be put into action.

Have fun!

S/F,
    CEYA!

Credits
    Savings
    Relax and enjoy Marine.
    You will pass this challenge once in your life.
    Have you not accompllished impossible goals in Boot ?
    As stated -- listen learn and do as instructed.

Don't be intimidated by anything or anyone-- you are a UNITED STATES MARINE

Bootcamp should have taught you you are capable of more than you ever imagined. Give it your best effort every day; that's all they can expect from you. You will get out of the USMC exactly what you are willing to put in. Give your best and you will get back the best. After it's all over, come back and let us know how you did.

Thread Information