Filing taxes? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filing taxes?

Yes Taxslayer offers free e-filing for active duty - according to Earnhardt Jr. As if the 1040ez filing wasn't Sesame Street enough

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks, I saw the post, then told our Marine (he just got his Pfc. Chevron). So, we're hoping his leave after MOS will give him enough time to get onto "My Pay" here (internet connection at Camp Johnson is not very good).

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Ah so the Marine Corps sends me one aswell? Perfect.
    When I talked to my son, as he got his from his other job also, I said I had not reiceved his W-2 from the Marine Corp, he said he will have to pull it off line I don't think they are mailed out

Credits
    Savings
    I called the Recruiter, and I don't know, but for some reason, they remain clueless. So, I'm going on what I've read here, and figure our Marine will have to go online to get his info.

As far as filing, I use Tax Act, and already have his ready to go as soon as I get his pay info from MCRD Parris Island and MCT.

I'm kind of wondering if once a Poolee gets through Boot, the Recruiter is "done", especially as far as we're concerned?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jclarke View Post
    I called the Recruiter, and I don't know, but for some reason, they remain clueless. So, I'm going on what I've read here, and figure our Marine will have to go online to get his info.

As far as filing, I use Tax Act, and already have his ready to go as soon as I get his pay info from MCRD Parris Island and MCT.

I'm kind of wondering if once a Poolee gets through Boot, the Recruiter is "done", especially as far as we're concerned?
    I would imagine the recruitor has done his job, and they are no longer in the picture I haven't talked to my son's recruiter since 6/5/11, which was the day he went to Louisville to take he oath the following Monday....but at least I went to and got to spend one last day with him.

Credits
    Savings
    Heck, we didn't get to do that. But, we did make it to his Boot Camp grad and MCT grad. Going to get him next weekend from his MOS, unless his unit has something else in mind.

Credits
    Savings
    Heck, we didn't get to do that. But, we did make it to his Boot Camp grad and MCT grad. Going to get him next weekend from his MOS, unless his unit has something else in mind.
    Well I only leave about 100 miles from Louisville, so me his sister and best friend drove down, spent all day sunday with him, stayed in the same hotel, and got to be with him on Monday till he boarded the bus...I don't think anything would have kept me away from boot graduation, He told me not to come to SOI, as he was on a bus to virginia within 15 minutes...did drive to Jacksonville for a weekend thogh when he had libo....and when he graduated SF, he came home for leave after that.

Your recruiter's job is to get you on the plane going to MCRD/Paris Island. After that, their job is done, they got one more person for their monthly quota. They no longer have to file any paperwork for you, keep in contact with you, or anything. They supposedly are required to send you three letters at boot camp, but I got one pre-typed response from mine, and that is more than most got.

Anything after that is just because you got a recruiter who actually cares about you and judging from how many people were screwed out of PFC because their recruiter never filed the paperwork for the people they got to sign up and how many got denied RA, I would say if you have a recruiter who really cares for you, you are quite lucky.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebecker View Post
    Your recruiter's job is to get you on the plane going to MCRD/Paris Island. After that, their job is done, they got one more person for their monthly quota. They no longer have to file any paperwork for you, keep in contact with you, or anything. They supposedly are required to send you three letters at boot camp, but I got one pre-typed response from mine, and that is more than most got.

Anything after that is just because you got a recruiter who actually cares about you and judging from how many people were screwed out of PFC because their recruiter never filed the paperwork for the people they got to sign up and how many got denied RA, I would say if you have a recruiter who really cares for you, you are quite lucky.
    I agree...I guess my son was lucky his recruiter actaully did file the paperwork for him to go into boot as a PFC. My son actaully wrote his recruiter a letter, but he never got one back. I guess his time was up in this area and he was in CA. He was like oh OK i guess thats why he never wrote me back...

Credits
    Savings
    I was able to access My Pay from our home laptop (secured of course), and take care of our Marine's taxes via Tax Act (less than $20.00 to efile state, Fed to direct deposit and archiving for 3 year's). Just make sure your Marine has the correct email that he uses and especially his password. After that, just look on the right for his W-2's, print them out and do the taxes.

Thread Information