Assault Pack in Civilian Attire?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Assault Pack in Civilian Attire?

I checked the order but it doesn't really address what i'm looking for.

Are you allowed to wear the assault pack in civilian attire? and for that matter, same question for the ditty bag. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobrm50 View Post

Are you allowed to wear the assault pack in civilian attire? and for that matter, same question for the ditty bag. Thanks.
    I would say yes, but you may want to look at the order. When I was in, we could take our ditty bags with us everywhere, provided we were wearing proper civilian attire in a situation that called for ditty bags. The assault packs, to me, appear like they would fall under rules of duce gear. We were allowed to wear our rucks, but only when engaged in activities that would require them. For example, you do not want to wear your pack to go to the mall, but on a hike or camping, it would be permissible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobrm50 View Post

Dude by a hiking pack from Wal-Mart, or Sporting Store. They make good ones, but if you wanna look like a boot go for it lol. Seriously go buy one

You probably could, but I wouldn't advise it... would look gay, just my 2 cents though

A good solid black one would look better, plus those ones from CIF suck and don't have much room.

I've seen plenty of people walking around with those packs in civvies. No idea if it's permitted, but nobody yells at them. They do get laughed at a lot for looking like a dumbass motivator though. Haha.

I had to rofl @ this thread. I'm sorry but if you want to walk around in civies with your patrol pack go right ahead. there isn't a order about it. its at a command disgrestion though. you might want to check with them (just don't go asking the 1stSgt.). Ask your Squad Leader or Platoon Seargent!

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    I had to rofl @ this thread. I'm sorry but if you want to walk around in civies with your patrol pack go right ahead. there isn't a order about it. its at a command disgrestion though. you might want to check with them (just don't go asking the 1stSgt.). Ask your Squad Leader or Platoon Seargent!
    I bet you I know what his Plt Sergeant will say haha

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    I bet you I know what his Plt Sergeant will say haha
    The most I've used the Partol Pack was when i was with my MTU. Took that sucker with me every other week to the range. had my gortex, cold weather gear, lunch, rifle cleaning gear, spray bottle of CLP, ear plugs, ect... it also carried my fold out seat for when i was on the line coaching!

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    The most I've used the Partol Pack was when i was with my MTU. Took that sucker with me every other week to the range. had my gortex, cold weather gear, lunch, rifle cleaning gear, spray bottle of CLP, ear plugs, ect... it also carried my fold out seat for when i was on the line coaching!

A man with a plan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    A man with a plan!!!
    other coaches were jealous of my fold out seat! that also had room to put more stuff in it like data books, more ear plugs, pens, cold drinks, more food, ect... lmao

I used my daypack alot during deployment, I bought one of those store brand ones that are larger and all tan, much more room to store ****. Never used the bag again though lol, it's in the garage somewhere.

from what I was told by my unit, we are not allowed to wear any issued gear with civilian attire, that includes our assault pack. You can wear it when you are in cammies.

Don't forget to blouse your jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    Don't forget to blouse your jeans!
    Now thats Motarded!

Lol!

Thread Information