Drew Carey... Giving Props..
Create Post

Thumbs up Drew Carey... Giving Props..

Good publicity comes in small doses for the Marine Corps at times. But i found this little motovating piece in TIME Magazine.

What events in your life made allowed you who you are today?Dinh Phan, Silver Spring, Md.
    The Marine Corps. It instilled a great sense of discipline that I can call on when I need to. Growing up without a father also had a big effect and being the youngest in the family. I think every situation you find yourself in—the traffic you go through, the lines you wait in, even mundane things have an effect drop by drop.

Nice BCGs dog.

Quote Originally Posted by anewpariah View Post
    Good publicity comes in small doses for the Marine Corps at times. But i found this little motovating piece in TIME Magazine.

What events in your life made allowed you who you are today?Dinh Phan, Silver Spring, Md.
    The Marine Corps. It instilled a great sense of discipline that I can call on when I need to. Growing up without a father also had a big effect and being the youngest in the family. I think every situation you find yourself in—the traffic you go through, the lines you wait in, even mundane things have an effect drop by drop.

Nice BCGs dog.

Drew Carey like the comedian? I didn't know he's a Marine.

Here you go, he joined in 1981 (Reserves)

Damn look at the Corpsman .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    • Born: 23 May 1958
    • Birthplace: Cleveland, Ohio
    • Best Known As: The star of TV's The Drew Carey Show
    Drew Carey was a journeyman standup comedian in 1995 when he got his own TV series during the wave of "standup sitcoms" that followed the success of the show Seinfeld. Carey's comic material was based on his working-class Cleveland roots, his blocky crew-cut-and-black-glasses appearance, and his raucous bachelorhood. Carey's sitcom, The Drew Carey Show, was a hit and ran until 2004. In 1997 he published the book Dirty Jokes and Beer: Stories of the Unrefined. Carey also signed on as the host and emcee of the American version of the British TV improv show, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, which ran in various network formats from 1998-2006. He hosted a similar animation-improvisation variety show called Drew Carey's Green Screen from 2004-05. In November of 2007 he succeeded Bob Barker as the host of the long-running game show The Price Is Right. That same year he began hosting another game show, the CBS prime-time program Power of 10.
    Carey joined the Marine Corps reserves in 1981, a job which he credits with establishing his signature buzzcut-and-black-glasses look... Carey's first film role was a bit part in the 1993 movie Coneheads, alongside fellow comedians Dan Aykroyd, Phil Hartman and Chris Farley.

That surprised me! It's such a beautiful thing seeing that Marines/Marine Veterans are everywhere. It's especially great to know that it will never leave you.

I bet some of you don't know Bugs Bunny himself is a Marine Veteran!

"Bugs soon runs out of power, but when he tries to 'recharge' by eating another carrot, they all fall to the ground. When Bugs lands on the ground, he opens his eyes to see a line of eaten carrots - both Smith and his horse are now superheroes. Bugs then turns to the camera and says "This looks like a job for a REAL superman!" He ducks into a phone booth, and both Smith and the horse are ready to attack - until the booth opens and they both snap to attention and salute. Bugs marches out in a Marine uniform, singing The Marines Hymn pausing to say, "Sorry, fellas, I can't play with you anymore. I got some important work to do," before marching off to 'Berlin, Tokyo and points East' while finishing the Hymn."

"The
    U.S. Marine Corps was so flattered that Bugs Bunny decided to become a Marine in this film that they insisted that the character be officially inducted into the force as a private, which was done, complete with dog tags. The character was regularly promoted until Bugs was officially "discharged" at the end of World War as a Master Sergeant."

(taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Rabbit )

Quote Originally Posted by MontySpecial View Post
    That surprised me! It's such a beautiful thing seeing that Marines/Marine Veterans are everywhere. It's especially great to know that it will never leave you.

I bet some of you don't know Bugs Bunny himself is a Marine Veteran!

"Bugs soon runs out of power, but when he tries to 'recharge' by eating another carrot, they all fall to the ground. When Bugs lands on the ground, he opens his eyes to see a line of eaten carrots - both Smith and his horse are now superheroes. Bugs then turns to the camera and says "This looks like a job for a REAL superman!" He ducks into a phone booth, and both Smith and the horse are ready to attack - until the booth opens and they both snap to attention and salute. Bugs marches out in a Marine uniform, singing The Marines Hymn pausing to say, "Sorry, fellas, I can't play with you anymore. I got some important work to do," before marching off to 'Berlin, Tokyo and points East' while finishing the Hymn."

"The
    U.S. Marine Corps was so flattered that Bugs Bunny decided to become a Marine in this film that they insisted that the character be officially inducted into the force as a private, which was done, complete with dog tags. The character was regularly promoted until Bugs was officially "discharged" at the end of World War as a Master Sergeant."
    Here is that Cartoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_uc6Z_3qQ

Thread Information