How long should I have before I leave for Recruit Training?
Create Post

How long should I have before I leave for Recruit Training?

Hello Marines, I'm shipping next year and I would like to know how much time I should be back home before I actually get shipped to MCRDSD, because I'm going backpacking out of town. Thanks in advance.

WOW....your shipdate date is 3 Aug 2010, and you're asking us when you should be back home from a backpack outing out of town? You plan on being out of town for the next 9 months backpacking?
    And you can't figure this out for yourself....why? Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    WOW....your shipdate date is 3 Aug 2010, and you're asking us when you should be back home from a backpack outing out of town? You plan on being out of town for the next 9 months backpacking?
    Thanks for that, I couldn't figure out how to respond without cursing.

The only thing I'd worry about is being completely out of contact and not getting fresh scoop from the recruiter regarding your ship date or status. There's also missing the poolee functions.

I'm wondering if he meant just leaving town in general and heading cross country or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    sorry, I should've specified that I'm still in high school and I'm leaving after graduation. It's a hike up to Seattle from Las Vegas regardless, I'd like to know when I need to be back. I'm assuming at least 2 weeks right now Like, any paper work I need to fill before? any people I need to talk to? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OneRadRudeBoy View Post
    sorry, I should've specified that I'm still in high school and I'm leaving after graduation. It's a hike up to Seattle from Las Vegas regardless, I'd like to know when I need to be back. I'm assuming at least 2 weeks right now Like, any paper work I need to fill before? any people I need to talk to? etc.
    Get in-touch with your Recruiter and let him know what you plan on doing after graduation, and he'll be the one to tell you when you need to be back.
    Oh....and "don't" get hurt while you're out backpacking. That'll just screw everything up on you, and your Recruiter will not be a happy camper if you do get hurt.

Thread Information