NC State-wide POOL(ee) function
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NC State-wide POOL(ee) function

So yesterday we had our state wide POOL(ee) function here in North Carolina. It was a great day, the sun was out (and I got burnt), and we had a lot of fun. There was over 450 POOL(ee)'s that showed up. There was also a male and female drill instructor from Parris Island that came.

We had the dizzy izzy (which i participated in), the ammo-can run, Pull up contest (did 16), crunch relay, tug of war, moment of truth, bowling ball toss, then we had chow (MRE's) and finally the awards ceremony.

It was really motivating getting out there with all those people and getting all pumped up.

I have less than 2 months and Im so ready to go!!

edit: I was also wondering how many POOL(ee)'s on this forum where at the event yesterday.

20080616!!!

A recruiter told me once that even though i'm not DEP'd in, I could go to the functions... Is that true? I'd love to attend one, but since i'm at a Military school as it is, my schedule isn't exactly flexible... I live in NC as well so it would have been fun i'm sure

I beleive you can. I brought a friend to our central POOL(ee) function and everyone welcomed them. I think its good for you to go to them before you DEP in. I went to them b4 I DEPed in and I loved it. It made me want to join more! But I dont see why you wouldnt be aloud too?!?

Sounds moto dmdenike, had a function yesterday myself (Ohio), and we were told that next month we have our statewide. I can't wait, we're going to have a male and female DI come up as well.

There's a statewide poolee function April 25-26 in Utah and we'll have 6 DI's from San Diego, can't wait.

I was at the NC poolee function also, DMDENIKE. I'm guessing you are with RSS Fayetteville? I'm with RSS Garner (tug-o-war winners). I had a blast and like you, also got burnt. Had a great time and it made me laugh inside when the female DI lost her voice and smiled about it, because I'm sure it'll be the last time we ever see a DI smile! I also enjoyed listening to the Sergeant Major speak. Real moto.

"You know what I want to do when I wake up in the Morning? KICK SOME A$$!"

ss109 feel free to attend my first poolee function I was not yet depd in.

Last poolee function we shot abunch of guns and chit off, ate MRE's, good stuff.

Chain gun, 50 cal, 30 cal, 240, SAW, 2 AR's, an M4, Oozie, mp5, 2 AKs, a mac10, and some other stuff.

I'll try to throw some video or pics up if I get a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by lagrand
    I was at the NC poolee function also, DMDENIKE. I'm guessing you are with RSS Fayetteville? I'm with RSS Garner (tug-o-war winners). I had a blast and like you, also got burnt. Had a great time and it made me laugh inside when the female DI lost her voice and smiled about it, because I'm sure it'll be the last time we ever see a DI smile! I also enjoyed listening to the Sergeant Major speak. Real moto.

"You know what I want to do when I wake up in the Morning? KICK SOME A$$!"

Yeah SGTMJR Ruff is a cool guy. Im from RSS fayyetville. I have 2 friends from your station though. Do you know Jordan Baker and Charles Howe? Well theyre from RSS Garner. Me and Jordan ship out on the same day.

"Marines do 2 things, they win battles, and they make more Marines"! -SGTMJR Ruff.

Yeah, Baker is a cool kid. I don't really know him that well, but he seems like a squared away guy. I don't know Charles, but I'm sure if I saw him I'd recognize him. Any news on when the next function is? Either way, good luck to you and God bless.

We have our state wide the 25th-26th at Fort Knox in Kentucky, im somewhat nervous but excited at the same time. Some DI's from Parris Island will be there.

Talking

you can attend the functions, i did before i DEP'd in. It just helps you get ready more and really have fun, because for now you don't feel like you have to get better, now you can just breathe. But after you DEP in, you had better start to show up.

what is the Dizzy Izzy?
    I am a poolee but i have NO idea what the heck that is O.o

Quote Originally Posted by murphy94 View Post
    what is the Dizzy Izzy?
    I am a poolee but i have NO idea what the heck that is O.o
    You spin around with your head on bat looking at the ground until you're dizzy and then run a distance

We had our stae wide last Saturday it was not and I got sun burnt to we had ammo can lifts, crunches, pull ups, a mile and a half run and tug of war. I am from Indiana and my recruiting station won the whole thing.

Thread Information