What to give to my Marine upon graduation? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    Did I say a Harley? Oh I'm sorry I meant a brand new pair of go-fasters to PT at his new duty station.... That's what I meant by getting around base!......I don't know about the adoption thing Aaron, You might be a little too old
    My Chris also gets my Harley - - but not until I die!! ROTFLMAO I have the "skull dressed in Blues with the sword salute" painted on the fairing. Instead of "once a Marine always a Marine", I had " the change is forever" painted. Seemed more to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksgted View Post
    My Chris just graduated 9/12/08 at MCRDSD. When he finishes SOI, I plan to give him my 1956 vintage K-Bar.
    Wheww......I thought that was going to say "I plan to give him my 1956 Vintage Panhead!"

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    Wheww......I thought that was going to say "I plan to give him my 1956 Vintage Panhead!"
    Don't I wish - - I had one!! It'd be worth more than my '03 Geezer Glide.

Yea I love my kid but the 1964 Sporty Chopper I have been building for 4 years is gonna be just for my getting around town..... But a nice geezer glide would be good for the road trips that I usually have to haul mine to now... I have pictures up on my myspace page of my 4 year act of exaustion: '64 Ironhead...

we got my son a watch he weres it all the time i waited to get him a cell phone after he was done with MCT and at school they cant use it till then anyways

I think a VRod would work also. My son can have mine when i'm 6 feet under...I don't need another worry. Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vrod3.jpg‎
Views:	148
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	5876  

K-bar all the way.

Sgtgrits.com (I think that is the site), has alot of great stuff to buy for a Marine, or a Marine buying something for the family......

Quote Originally Posted by LcplT View Post
    I figure a new cell phone. I found some good deals on some cool phones.. All real and good. But as a former Marine...the debate in my head is this: Should I buy my kid a brend new K-bar or hand the one down to him that I carried a lifetime ago? The tales this knife could tale if it could talk. The places we went together, no blood and guts stuff except the deer we skined together, and I did not shoot it, a friend did. We just needed a good sharp knife to do the job.....I had one. I always had one.... Anyway, enough head trippin. Tell me what you guys think is the best thing to do... Buy new or hand down the blade to my new Marine. I have untill Nov 21 to make up my mind, I would just like a few suggestions.
    Although the gifts previously mentioned would be great.... may I suggest a more simpler gift idea? A personalized Marine Bible. Now, I'm not being a holy-roller here, but Faith is a matter most Marines consider at one time or another.

We went to a local religious store and found that they had military Bibles for all branches. Small enough to fit in the BFD pants pocket or pack, but not a miniature by any means.

We went on-line, and found one. Guiled pages, and aptly suited for every Marine. When ordering, we had our son's name embossed on the cover.

Son was very happy. Something he will keep forever.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpspapa View Post
    Although the gifts previously mentioned would be great.... may I suggest a more simpler gift idea? A personalized Marine Bible. Now, I'm not being a holy-roller here, but Faith is a matter most Marines consider at one time or another.

We went to a local religious store and found that they had military Bibles for all branches. Small enough to fit in the BFD pants pocket or pack, but not a miniature by any means.

We went on-line, and found one. Guiled pages, and aptly suited for every Marine. When ordering, we had our son's name embossed on the cover.

Son was very happy. Something he will keep forever.
    You can get a Marine Corps Bible from Christian Book Distributor and Life Way Christian Book Stores. It is published by Holman as the Holman Christian Standard Bible. It has a red cover with guilded pages. The Marine seal is in gold on the front cover.
    It has the Marine Hymn, Corps values, The Marine Prayer, Jimmy Stewarts testimony, Captain Eddie Rickenbacker's prayer, The Code of Conduct, just to name a few of the things in it. It is about as long and as wide as my hand. Almost two fingers thick.

Definantly a good thing to have. A good Bible is always a comfort to have and read. I actually have a good one for him...It has a stainless steel cover....Good for in the field wont get ripped up. It was given to me by a guy who gave testimony here at the local mission here in Redding.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    At the Marine store they had a really nice K-bar with Parris Island insigna. As my son collected Knives I thought this would be a nice gift. When he opened it he was so happy. Like the look of a 4 year old on Christmas morning. He loved it.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Give him your old K-bar, it would mean more to him than a cell phone or a new K-bar. Then go buy yourself a new K-bar, and save yourself a monthy cell phone bill, but hell what do I know (yes I know, not much).

Ee

Thread Information