How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 18
Create Post
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I've had a few of those. It tasted worse when you couldn't share.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Beef Short Ribs been a smokin and cookin in the Weber since 4 hours ago, turned and painted once an hour or so otta been done directly, best wake up pops.

Happy 07-04
    --->Dave
    That's funny. My sentiments exactly! Jello salad is some nasty ****.

Elijah's Chili

2 lbs meat (ground beef, stew beef or turkey)
    1 lb pinto beans
    1 ½ large onions
    3 Jalapenos (jal- ahp – pen- oh’s)
    3 Anaheim Chilies
    1 Yellow or Hungarian Wax chili
    2 packets of chili powder
    2 Tablespoons ground Cumin (set aside)
    2 large cans of whole tomatoes
    1 small can of tomato paste
    1 table spoon of butter or olive oil

Examine beans for any small pebbles. Rinse beans under cold water then add to a medium sauce pan (be careful because pinto beans triple or quadruple in size). Cut one onion into eights and separate. Add onion to beans. Add one teaspoon of salt (taste as you cook and add as desired). Then add water so that it covers beans by about three fingers depth. You’ll have to judge later on as your beans may need more or less water as they cook.

Bring beans to a rolling boil then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for an hour or two or until soft. Attentively stir your beans to ensure they do not stick or burn.

When beans are about half way done.

In a large sauce pan, heat butter or olive oil, sautee meat and onion. When meat is about half-way browned, added sliced chilies and one packet of chili powder. (how big or small you cut your chilies depends on your preference)

While meat is browning, open two cans of whole tomatoes and pour into a bowl. Finley crush tomatoes by hand. Careful, they will squirt.

When meat is nearly finished browning, add tomatoes and tomato paste. (The tomato paste is a thickener. I usually only add about ¾ of a can. You’ll have to play with it and see what you like).

Bring chili to a low boil then reduce heat to low. Add additional packet of chili powder and cumin to taste. I like more so it all goes in. You may not.

When beans are done, they should be soft. Strain them and put them aside.

You want to cook your chili on low heat for at least an hour to allow the ingreadients to break down and the full flavors to permeate.

After the chili has cooked for an hour carefully add your beans. When the chili and beans are combined cook for an additional ½ hour.

Serve it plain or with cheddar, cream cheese or sour cream.

*If you have balls and like a smokey flavor add two or three habenero peppers.

*If you only have small balls, cut the seeds out first!

*If you like a heartier, meatier chili just add an extra pound of whatever meat you want. In the past I have used buffalo and that comes out really nice. I also like to mix ground beef and stew meat. But you have to cook your chili much longer (or precook your beef) to make sure the stew meat becomes appropriately tender. It should fall apart.

Credits
    Savings
    Sounds great.

3 Jalapenos (jal- ahp – pen- oh’s) - hal ah pain yose

... iffen you want milder, slice the habaneros and WASH well, especially the insides.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Sounds great.

3 Jalapenos (jal- ahp – pen- oh’s) - hal ah pain yose
    Thanks!

That is the proper Marine Corps pronunciation.

Turkey on the Weber

The bargain cooler is the first place i shop in the meat department and today we found this little nugget; Turkey breast with back and rib parts.

Took Hauer's advice from brisket prep and purchased rub and used it, then whupped up a mopping sauce with what i could find in the pantry..

1) Baste and turn

2) Baste and turn.

3)... Betcha ole Noah had fitful dreams staring at those gobblers roosting in the Arks overhead...

4) Check internal temp with the disposable one shot thermometer thingy.

5) Oh yeah thats what im talkin bout baby!

--->Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQTurkey 004.jpg‎
Views:	148
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	7694   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQTurkey 005.jpg‎
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	7695   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQTurkey 030.jpg‎
Views:	143
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	7696  

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQTurkey 019.jpg‎
Views:	145
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	7697   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQTurkey 025.jpg‎
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	7698  

Did you smoke it or go low and slow, Slinger? Either way that looks real good.

took over 3 hours and got pretty smoky

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    The bargain cooler is the first place i shop in the meat department --->Dave
    If you like a good bargain on meat, check out eye of chuck (also called chuck eye). It's like a poor man's rib eye steak. I usually find 'em at Safeway around Memorial Day, but have seen them at other times, too. Last time I bought some, they were like $2.29/lb. I got like 40 bucks worth, man, they're good!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HEY!!!...I've got a great reciepeee for brownies...a lady named Alice gave it to me!!.....DUH, DOC!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    HEY!!!...I've got a great reciepeee for brownies...a lady named Alice gave it to me!!.....DUH, DOC!!
    Was she 10 feet tall?

Ok, Cornbread...

2 cups Martha White self rising corn meal
    1 1/3 cup buttermilk
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 egg
    1 TBsp sugar (approximately)

Preheat oven to 450... heavily grease cake pan with additional vegetable oil or shortening (crisco...) Place pan in hot oven while mixing ingredients..

mix ingredients together.

Pour mixture into sizzling hot cake pan. Must sizzle.. Won't be great cornbread if it doesn't...

Bake for about 20-23 mins. (Until golden on top)

Inspired by Egbutler since he says he can't find good cornbread...

Buttermilk!

Girl you must be hanging down there at the farmers dairy market cause i don't see any in the carton at my corner store

OMG! I haven't been without buttermilk.. EVER.. except for Korea. I feel so bad for you right now! You HAVE to find some!!!!!!

Site for a whole lot of stuff

When you open the site there all manner of recipes at the bottom of the page

http://www.allmyfaves.com/

Thread Information