Where are all of you? - Page 11
Create Post
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Seabee here! I just wanted to let you all know that I've had some changes made to my Desert Veteran Search webpage (www.desertveteransearch.com). I have added two letters, from two retired Colonels, from the 8th Marine Engineers. The XO, Col. C.O. Skipper and Capt. J.P. Hull were ordered to the Kibrit AO by Brig. Gen. Krulack on Dec. 27, 1990 and given direct orders:"DO NOT to travel to Kibrit at night because the Arab Forces in the area would shoot at you." I believe that Brig. Gen Krulack was awaire of the military convoy (the night of Dec. 26, 1990) being fired on, was the reason for Brig. Gen. Krulack to give this order NOT to travel to Kibrit at night. For anyone who may be interested...you can go to the www.desertveteransearch.com webpage and scrole down to the letters of support by Col. Skipper and Col. Hull. You can click on each page to print them out for easier reading. Should anyone else be willing to write out a brief statement of support, I would appreciate it, and I can be contacted through the information provided on the Desert Veteran Search website. Thank You. Semper Fi

Desert Veteran Search webpage changes made /link thread# 147-148

Quote Originally Posted by EO-3 George Ker View Post
    Seabee here! I just wanted to let you all know that I've had some changes made to my Desert Veteran Search webpage (www.desertveteransearch.com). I have added two letters, from two retired Colonels, from the 8th Marine Engineers. The XO, Col. C.O. Skipper and Capt. J.P. Hull were ordered to the Kibrit AO by Brig. Gen. Krulack on Dec. 27, 1990 and given direct orders:"DO NOT to travel to Kibrit at night because the Arab Forces in the area would shoot at you." I believe that Brig. Gen Krulack was awaire of the military convoy (the night of Dec. 26, 1990) being fired on, was the reason for Brig. Gen. Krulack to give this order NOT to travel to Kibrit at night. For anyone who may be interested...you can go to the www.desertveteransearch.com webpage and scrole down to the letters of support by Col. Skipper and Col. Hull. You can click on each page to print them out for easier reading. Should anyone else be willing to write out a brief statement of support, I would appreciate it, and I can be contacted through the information provided on the Desert Veteran Search website. Thank You. Semper Fi

Here's one more Desert Storm Vet. I served with 2/7 E Co. 1st Platoon and then with weapons Platoon (0351). We were with task force Papa Bear. Any more Devil Dogs from 2/7 out there? Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC View Post
    Anyone "live" in the minefields for 30 or more days? Any stories about going through them?

Yeap, we saw them as we were humping through them.

Credits
    Savings
    Not a Desert Storm/Desert Shield vet but my NCO's and SNCO's were all vets, many of them I still remember the lessons they taught me
    Semper Fidelis Brothers and thank you

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Errah

What a blast it was.

Jul 29 90 I landed on Oki as a brand new PFC 2145 joining GSM Co 3rd Mnt Bn.
    Aug 2 90 invasion of Kuwait
    Sept 12 Company Guns calls me and 7 other Tank Mechs to Co Office
    Sept 13 CO and 1st Sgt pin LCpl on me in CO's Office. Got on the truck to Kadena and later landed in Saudi to augment CSSD 31 (The heat! Stepped off that plane and it felt like a blast furnace)
    Stayed Port of Jubal overhauling Tank engines and doing NBC training until mid December.
    Attached to CSSD-10 in December and followed Task Force Ripper all the way to Kuwait Int Airport.
    March 91 Headed south to Mani fa Bay and then Camp 3 to rejoin CSSD 31 and head back to Oki in April

Between these key time hacks
    Fixed Tanks
    Played Spades
    Fixed Tanks
    Played Spades
    Fixed Tanks
    Played Spades
    Eat sand augmented with MRE's
    Showered little.
    Sweat constantly.
    Almost freeze to death in Jan and Feb.
    Stood watch
    Burned barrels of crap, aka Sh***er Detail
    Stood watch
    Burned crap
    Fixed Tanks
    Stood watch
    Burned crap
    Stood watch
    Burned crap

Other events in between the Watch, The SH***er details, the Tank repairs, Well those are the stories LCpl's love to tell sea stories about. I've got a few of those tales I may impart at another time.

And at the end of it all
    Being a Mech, I hardly put up with the misery the gunslingers endured but I gave my part, and suffered through the environment as all of us had.

And I was furious that we all had endured 9 mos of crap and lost Brothers in Arms while the tyrannical idiot responsible was still sitting in Baghdad thumbing his nose at the free world.

S'alright.
    Went back with 1st LAR in 03 and helped put the final smack-down on Hussein and his cronies.

By the way Lt Whiteman, Sir, If you are out there, I beat your "no shower" record of 34 days while riding a Hummer to Baghdad and Tikrit, pretty sure I hit 40 plus.

It sure was hot when we firt got there, we were station in 29 Palms that's why they sent us there first. Sure (right) we were climatized. Dude, I think we went longer than 40 days without showers, we lost count. Being out in the field for so long just humping here and there, the only thing we were attracted to was flies.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Smile

You mean those flying hordes sent to carry away the crap barrels and rub there butts on your MRE?
    I once heard through the grapevine that a guy got carried off in his mosquito net and was considered a POW to enviromental circumatances.
    They say they found him winning a bull in the ring match with a riotus group of camel spiders and scorpions.

2ND SRIG here! Been a long time!
    Kuwait, Kafji..........., we are still there..! Some of us choose the same Sand to fight on....!
    Semper Fi!

Camels walked by, hordes carried away our MRE's, no showers for weeks, dirty cammies, just you and your weapon, burnning hot in the summer, freezing cold in the winter, what else can you ask for. Will do it again. Semper Fi

Still, no one from 2/7 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gwladgarwr View Post
    Anyone here know a Cpl Timothy Romei? I went to junior high school with him in Oakland, CA. He joined out of San Francisco in 1986 or 1987.

He went MIA on Oct 8, 1990 during Desert Shield in the Gulf near Oman and Saudi Arabia (over water). He was aboard one of two UH1N
    helicopters from HMM 164 embarked on the USS OKINAWA for an at-sea NVG
    training operation off the coast of Oman. The two helicopters disappeared from radar and failed to respond to radio calls during the training mission. No wreckage or remains were ever recovered.

His status was changed from MIA to KIA/BNR in 2002.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sgt gw
    I served with Tim onboard the USS Okinawa and took place in the search mission for the two downed hueys. We found much debris and some of the personal items of some of the 8 Marines lost in the crash. The two aircraft collided in an early morning NVG training mission. I ate midrats with Tim on the Okinawa messdecks a few nights before he went down. He was a good Marine. I think of him every October...

I was on USS Lamoure county doing gator squares 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines

Sgt Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC View Post
    I have noticed that no one puts much here. So where are all of the Desert Shield/Storm Marines?

2nd Plt "C" Co. 8th ESB 2nd FSSG 1st MEF Task Force Papa Bear

Hey there Devil Dog! Just thought I'd drop you a line to let you know that you're not alone! I served with 8th Engineers 4th Marine Div. FSSG. I was a Bulk Fueler! Without fuel the pride don't ride!! We set up a tank farm that dispensed over 10 million gallons of fuel during the campaign. Semper Fi !!

Iserved with CSSD-26 ,AL MASHIB WHEN THE FROG MISSLES HIT AND OUR SECURITY TEAM THE SAUDIS LEFT US HANGING

Thread Information