MWSG-37 WTS-37 MCAS El Toro CA
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MWSG-37 WTS-37 MCAS El Toro CA

Like to hear from those that served with this unit.

MSgt Richard Barbee

I was in MWSG-37, MWSS-374 1996-99, on Tustin and El Toro.

Mwsg-37

I was stationed at MCAS El Toro from 12/1973 - 06/1974 and again from 3/1976 - 1/1977. I was assigned to MWSG-37 (H&MS-37). I worked directly on the flight line on one of the hangers(296). I was a computer operator (MOS 4034) assigned to the Data Processing Center (DPC) which was located at the end on the hanger right on the flight line (mobile data center).

Mwsg-37 Wts-37

Quote Originally Posted by Blutic View Post
    I was in MWSG-37, MWSS-374 1996-99, on Tustin and El Toro.
    Well I can't think of a better unit to serve, I started my career with
    MABS-37 in 1960. I retired in 1984 with WTS-37 as there (MT)MaintChief
    and some times active SgtMaj.We live close to El Toro, Always good
    memories. I hope your doing well,wish you the best in health and life.
    I haven't checked, but if your not a member check out ********************* use inviation #3297. Great Site
    Semper Fi
    Top Barbee

Mwsg-37 Wts-37

Quote Originally Posted by maspotente2 View Post
    I was stationed at MCAS El Toro from 12/1973 - 06/1974 and again from 3/1976 - 1/1977. I was assigned to MWSG-37 (H&MS-37). I worked directly on the flight line on one of the hangers(296). I was a computer operator (MOS 4034) assigned to the Data Processing Center (DPC) which was located at the end on the hanger right on the flight line (mobile data center).

1973-1976 I was I&I Staff San Jose CA. 1976 to 1978 I was with H&MS-37
    Maintenance over at the old building that once belonged to MAG-11
    where they did Maintenance on there yellow Equipment. It was just
    to the right as you would be parting the old rear gate to trabuco road.
    I left H&MS-37 in 1979 for Okinawa with 12th Marines,then in 1980 reported
    back to WTS-37 at Hanger 297 the other end was VMF 252 C-130's
    Anyways a lot of good memories at El Toro Hope your doing well

Semper Fi
    Top Barbee

Quote Originally Posted by retiree84 View Post
    Like to hear from those that served with this unit.

MSgt Richard Barbee
    Hi Top,
    Yep, I served with you! I arrived in 1983 when our shop was in the hanger next to the C130s, then moved across the base north east of the runway. I remember you were very sypathetic and helpful when my relative passed away, you were the one who notified me. I'll never forget that.

I see we are somewhat neighbors, I live in Ventura.

Semper Fi

I was with MWSG-37, WES-37 Construction 81', 82'. Combat Engineers and we built wooden embark boxes. During my year there I did spend quite a bit of time TAD to MWTC Bridgeport setting up Butler buildings, 29 Palms wiring the EAF lights, 29 Palms again laying a MOMAT runway mainside, and Pendleton for "block training. decent time in El Toro for the small amount of time I was "stationed" there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker4132 View Post
    I was with MWSG-37, WES-37 Construction 81', 82'. Combat Engineers and we built wooden embark boxes. During my year there I did spend quite a bit of time TAD to MWTC Bridgeport setting up Butler buildings, 29 Palms wiring the EAF lights, 29 Palms again laying a MOMAT runway mainside, and Pendleton for "block training. decent time in El Toro for the small amount of time I was "stationed" there.
    Kayaker,
    Sounds like my time with WES-37 Utilities. I also was TAD to lay the matting near the 29 Palms gate so they could resurface it, and Bridgeport to construct the two hangers and lengthen the runway. Ran the floodlights so work could be done at night but we also joined in on the mat laying fun. I was TAD with the MWSG-37 detatchment at the 29 Palms EAF and went back again for a couple CAX's. Heck, you might even be in my photos here: http://tinyurl.com/66fyhmr

wts 37 maint co

Hi top, I was a wrecker driver with wts 37 from 79-82, sem to remember you, think you were a gunny then CPL Van Syoc

My father was CO of MWSG-37 for a couple of years. 1967 or 68 was when he took over. We are going tomorrow to the decommission of the squadron. My
    dad's name is William L. Beach, Col, USMC retired. (Bill Beach). He is 91 now.
    I was at the change of command ceremony the day he took over. If you knew
    him or remember him, please reply. Thank you, Kay Beach Byrne.

MWSG-37, was with TAFDS out on the C130 fuel farm 81-82, tad EAF 29 palms than EL TORO again fuel farm 2 C130 again. then overseas. Anyone remember TOP ELSASSER ?

Quote Originally Posted by kay View Post
    My father was CO of MWSG-37 for a couple of years. 1967 or 68 was when he took over. We are going tomorrow to the decommission of the squadron. My
    dad's name is William L. Beach, Col, USMC retired. (Bill Beach). He is 91 now.
    I was at the change of command ceremony the day he took over. If you knew
    him or remember him, please reply. Thank you, Kay Beach Byrne.
    Kay, I served under your dad in 1966-67 when he was the Group Operations Officer (S-3). I believe that he became CO shortly after I was transferred to Marine Barracks Phila.
    He was a great officer to work for. Our office only consisted of three enlisted and I think three officers, so I did work directly with him.
    With all the Marines that worked for him, he probably wont remember me, but it was an honor for me to work for him.
    Frank Priolo

A little late to reply, but I served in WTS-37 for 1 year from June 77 to June 78. I did Motor Transport school there - I'll never forget driving that deuce & 1/2 down that mountain. I didn't have a car but I had one of the best years of my youth in California. Glad my CO finally took me off driving and put me in the company office to work as the training nco. I also remember going to Tustin occasionally and I remember the absolute BIGGEST hangar I ever saw. Of course my highlight was doing mess duty - and getting the "Messman of the Week" award. They said no one from WTS-37 ever had gotten that before. Great memories !

Sorry about taking so long, do remember you and yes I was a gunny at that time. Hope things are going well for you? A lot of good Memories SemperFi

E-4 Corporal Bennett 2500984

I was there 1969-1970 as a machinist with MWSG-37. Served under WO Dowling. I was on duty 7-30-1970 when the kc-130 made a hard landing and killed 4 guys. Sad day.

Thread Information