Another Med Waiver Question, please humor me. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well I have waited this long Zulu, I can stand another few days, weeks, months. Thank you very much for your interest in my situation. I have certainly been better received here than the Army forums. No disrespect to them intended.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your other post on this topic has been deleted as a double post. Afranziaaa scans this forum almost daily and he will get back to you here.

Not a problem, thanks for the heads up. I was actually looking for it a moment ago. Thought I was losing my mind haha

Quote Originally Posted by BleedAmerican View Post
    Well I have waited this long Zulu, I can stand another few days, weeks, months. Thank you very much for your interest in my situation. I have certainly been better received here than the Army forums. No disrespect to them intended.
    ,Semper Fidelis.

BleedAmerican, need to be patient. I understand you want answers to your questions, but with afraziaaaa being a recruiter, and with any other recuiter on this site, they do have long hours.
    In time, he will see your topic and try and give you the best answers he can.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    BleedAmerican, need to be patient. I understand you want answers to your questions, but with afraziaaaa being a recruiter, and with any other recuiter on this site, they do have long hours.
    In time, he will see your topic and try and give you the best answers he can.

You're absolutely right. I can be over zealous. I am acquainted with a few recruiters and they are definitely some of the hardest working people I know. My army recruiter busted his hump for me, no doubt. So, I'll chill out

While not a recruiter, I am involved with the recruiting process, and have been a mentor/Mod here for many years.

Based on MY past experiences here, I will say your chances are, well, not good. As someone else mentioned, if the ARMY wouldn't waiver you, it is highly unlikely that the Marine Corps will. Quite simply, they are far more liberal than are we.

Age + the condition you mentioned are likely going to be 'no go' for the USMC. SSgt A may have something different to say...but I'm going to bet it will be very similiar.

I know of exactly ONE person, that was on here, who got an age waiver. And the only reason he got one was because it took him that long to get his citizenship, and had every single document and paper ready to roll when he walked into the RS.

Age waivers are just about impossible to obtain unless there are VERY special circumstances...AND the Marine Corps believes you have something to offer over and above everyone else.

Finally, check out the sticky on this issue:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=102237

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 02-09-12 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Age + the condition you mentioned are likely going to be 'no go' for the USMC. SSgt A may have something different to say...but I'm going to bet it will be very similiar.

I know of exactly ONE person, that was on here, who got an age waiver. And the only reason he got one was because it took him that long to get his citizenship, and had every single document and paper ready to roll when he walked into the RS.

Age waivers are just about impossible to obtain unless there are VERY special circumstances...AND the Marine Corps believes you have something to offer over and above everyone else.

Finally, check out the sticky on this issue:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=102237
    I thought the cut-off age was 28, meaning I could enlist up to and including 28? If not the cut-off age for officer is 29 at time of graduation IF I'm not mistaken? Although I'm sure the restrictions for an officer are even more stringent.

Thank you Sgt. For your time and service.
    Everyone here has been very helpful. Like I said, I'm going to serve one way or another... Maybe the USO needs volunteers, or Civil service is an option. But I still have 3 branches to get yes/no's from.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedAmerican View Post
    I thought the cut-off age was 28, meaning I could enlist up to and including 28? If not the cut-off age for officer is 29 at time of graduation IF I'm not mistaken? Although I'm sure the restrictions for an officer are even more stringent.

Thank you Sgt. For your time and service.
    Everyone here has been very helpful. Like I said, I'm going to serve one way or another... Maybe the USO needs volunteers, or Civil service is an option. But I still have 3 branches to get yes/no's from.
    We all share the same DoD standards of enlistment, meaning if you are permanently disqualified from one, you are permanently disqualified from all. The Army is more lenient with medical waivers than the Navy is (I am talking Department of the Navy). With psoriasis, your chances are slim.

Go talk to a Marine recruiter and plead your case. Go face to face. If he has the time, he may be willing to have your paperwork transferred from the Army and submit your paperwork to BUMED. Then you wait months. If it gets approved then you wait some more months to go to boot camp. Like I said your chances are slim to none, especially because of your age.

Just in case it doesn't work out, have you thought about service in the national guard?

Afraziaaaa,

Thank you for your advice. I will do what you have suggested, and hope for the best. It would appear that I waited a bit longer than I should have to enlist. Sadly, it takes more than 6 years to get a 6 year degree haha. I found that out the hard way. I can wait months, I have waited this long. I am disappointed my plans havent panned out the way I had hoped. I suppose a medical condition is just "out of my hands". I have however, been looking into other federal service. ie FBI or DEA. As far as I am concerned, that's still serving my country.... right?

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    Just in case it doesn't work out, have you thought about service in the national guard?
    Am I eligible for the National Guard? I would be more than willing to give it a shot sir. My close friend Matt is in the Guard, he works in civil service here on the base doing the samething he does for the Guard. He seems to love it.

Thanks again for your time and service.
    To all the Marines on this site as well. Everyone has been more than gracious and helpful.

Thread Information