Any 3rd aav bn trackers out there?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any 3rd aav bn trackers out there?

A CO 3RD AAV. Been a long time since i've seen or talked to anyone from the battalion. Give me a shout. 1982to1986.

Hello there. I was also with 3rd AAV. June 1976 I went to trac school at Camp Del Mar. I was assigned to Alpha company. April 1977 I was transferred to 1st tracs in Okinawa until May of 1978. I returned to Alpha Co. 3rd AAV. I was discharged March 1979. You may know my brother in law. He was in Alpha during your time. Sgt Dan Trostel. He was later promoted to Ssgt and went to Mctisa test center at Del Mar. My name is Brian Barr. It is good to read from another Trac Rat. 1833 ALRIGHT It does'nt look like a trac but it's as close as I could find. SEMPER FI

Here are a "Trac-load" of images form Del Mar, 1979/1980, 3rd AABN: Enjoy and comment on the images if you know anyone in them:

http://www.americanjarhead.com

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    A CO Sept 82 to May 83....got a sweet job up at Sub Unit One at Camp Fuji. Had to extend 6 months to get it, but TOKYO BROKYO and that AINT NO JOKYO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJarhead
    Here are a "Trac-load" of images form Del Mar, 1979/1980, 3rd AABN: Enjoy and comment on the images if you know anyone in them:

http://www.americanjarhead.com
    great photos I believe I even found one of me. I was in 3rd tracks from 1978 to 1986 than went to avtb testing area. drop me a line when you can dan trostel.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the note. Which picture do you think is you? Let me now and I will see if I recognize you. I have a lot more too.

Aco 3rdAsltAmphibBn '79-'80 and '82-'83 1st and 2nd Plt

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJarhead
    Hey Dan,

Thanks for the note. Which picture do you think is you? Let me now and I will see if I recognize you. I have a lot more too.
    I think it was in row 32 the 3rd photo in,, on my compurter i have 4 rows across. While talking to my brother in law brian who was also a tracker, his compurter had 6 rows. The photo has a group of tracks with one marine in cami and the other in a white t-shrit. We both enjoyed the photos post more if you can. Thanks Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by dant
    I think it was in row 32 the 3rd photo in,, on my compurter i have 4 rows across. While talking to my brother in law brian who was also a tracker, his compurter had 6 rows. The photo has a group of tracks with one marine in cami and the other in a white t-shrit. We both enjoyed the photos post more if you can. Thanks Dan.
    Dan, I think I saw that correct one. You're pointing at me it appears. Very cool that you found yourselves! That is what I had hope would happen.

I have a lot more, keep checking back. Also, I have a much larger file (20 megabytes ) if you want it. You could make it most any size up to 20x24. I will email it if you want it but some email systems have a max file size below that.

Please forward to my email if you can I would love to see them. sgt25cpl48@hotmail.com or bonzaibonnie911@yahoo.net..thanks

Don't speak unless you know what you are talking about

their is a person out their thay likes talking about people, with out even knowing them and what is going on, to me that is just Stupidly, or just me. Is talking about a person with out knowing the story is just stupid, and wrong not just for a civilian but a nether Marine is not Wright to me and all the other Marines out their, yes I am sorry for putting down my old rank witch was a SGT. know it is a PFC because I got in some trouble for fighting. In addition, know I got back from Iraq and the Men their called me Gunny, because I was always there for the young guys who was away from home. Therefore, they gave me the call name of Gunny. There is a so-called Marine call name buky here on leatherneck that went as far as saying some think about my badge, being on the wrong side. That is because of my wife she wonted it on that side to have pictures taken. He could not keep his mouth shoot, he told me that was his way he did things, let me tell you Marines that is not the way you do things and that is not the Marine way either. But if you folks wont to get me off for that, ok I will under stand, but please don’t let him dictate to you please because I have been nothing but respectful to u-all. Think you for giving me the opportunely to speak on my behalf.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hone up on your writing skills and get back to us then, OK?

At least there are no grammatical errors in your second post. It's a little short on content though. Well done!

3rdAsltAmphibBn 1stMarDiv, Campen,

Sorry about the writing, but back in our time we did not talk about other Marines.
    Hay I was at Camp Delmar back in 85 to 87, we had the best E Club on the Base. I was the one that got in the fight with the SGT and got 183 days in the Brige.

Thread Information