Squared away uniform tricks... - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Hahaha, I did it to be a smartass. It was quite humorous to see peoples reactions when you told them.

I think I would have a J.O.B. box put together for all of those labeled items.... why would you wear labeled underwear?! I'd rather just have it as required and leave it alone until needed for some CG inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    I think I would have a J.O.B. box put together for all of those labeled items.... why would you wear labeled underwear?! I'd rather just have it as required and leave it alone until needed for some CG inspection.
    Because it is a Marine Corps Uniform Regulation. I didn't see anything in there about labeling when you though it mattered.

huh? all I'm saying is if I ever DID label those items I'd put them in a storage container.

I never labeled anything unless it was really called for.

I labeled them because Marine Corps order dictates I mark all of my uniform items whether or not:
    1. I wanted to or not
    2. If I would wear it or not

I'm not attacking your choices PT... it was a rhetorical question.

I have seen people wear everything labeled... that's their choice to make and I won't judge them or you. I just don't see why, once you wear them a month or so they can't be used for a J.O.B. inspection due to worn labels (I'm refering to the iron on labels) or just having all the dryer fuzzies on the shirts.

Chill out brother.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is a definite purpose for labeling all your junk and as soon as you get on ship and find yourself digging through a giant pile of half dry laundry for your stuff because your laundry bag came open you'll have a good idea why. SSgt Petzold have you ever been on a ship? Would you advise your troops not to label their stuff?

When I get attached to a MSSG... then I'll ensure everyones crap is labeled... I'm fully aware of what goes on there Devil.

I know the best way to wash coveralls is to rope them together and let them sit in the wake for a bit... and PRESTO! they are clean again...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The coveralls thing would probably work if the captain of the ship would allow such a thing. At the end of wog day we all took all of our catsup, mustard peanut butter, oatmeal, raw eggs and whatever else you can think of; encrusted clothing and flung it into the sea. I'm sure it came clean eventually and washed up on some deserted island for gilligan to wear. The ships fire hoses were then turned on us so that we would be clean enough to go below decks. Ahh the rigors of becoming a shellback. What great memories. I'm sorry you missed out on it SSgt Petzold.

I still have the same duct taped piece of cardboard backing my wings and bubble on my cammies that I started with as a Lance Corporal. That has been 16 years ago!!

Steaming along at maybe 23 knots somewhere in the IO i ventured aft to cast hefty garbage bags over the fantail and probably burn a cigarette, then spied a Bosn's Mate tying off the handle end of a swab with a coil of rope. I knew what he was gonna do but never seen it practiced.

Well he was handy at securing knots on a slick pole because after he lowered it down and let the line play out some as it hit the churned up ocean, thee line tightened in his hand the swab bounced and zinngggg,,,, that rope went whistlin through his grip and the outfit foundered directly. He hadn't bothered with tying it fast to the rail.

I'm not sure i'd want to mother up to a pair of coveralls that been scoured in sea salt though

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Steaming along at maybe 23 knots somewhere in the IO i ventured aft to cast hefty garbage bags over the fantail and probably burn a cigarette, then spied a Bosn's Mate tying off the handle end of a swab with a coil of rope. I knew what he was gonna do but never seen it practiced.

Well he was handy at securing knots on a slick pole because after he lowered it down and let the line play out some as it hit the churned up ocean, thee line tightened in his hand the swab bounced and zinngggg,,,, that rope went whistlin through his grip and the outfit foundered directly. He hadn't bothered with tying it fast to the rail.

I'm not sure i'd want to mother up to a pair of coveralls that been scoured in sea salt though
    We did this but once with our flight suits. Them sumbishes came back looking clean, BUT, the ****ing salt made them stiff when it dried.

ahh.. but think of greese and other crap that doesn't come out easily and the ships laundry won't take them either because it'll mess up other peoples uniforms.... you have to clean them somehow... then... the laundry'll take them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I had a friend on a fast frigate in Hawaii that the CO allowed them to drag blue jeans behind the ship. Stone wash fad was in and by golly after a machine wash later they did look stone washed. That was personal gear. Makes ya wonder though if that rope got caught in the screws the rope would be ground to shreds along with anything attached to it.

I reckon once the remnants of rope and swab drifted for the lagoon, Gilligan would have been sorely disappointed but sure nuff the Professor could have cobbled those bits and pieces into something functional.

Third sh*tter from the left scuttlebutt once got to circulating about swim time on a stand down in the IO when the carrier was dead in the water and guys were topside barbecuing and talent contesting. Word was a platform would be lowered and a section of ocean roped off somehow and buoyed, while a few Marines stood shark watch with guns so the hands could cool off regular Equatorial style... interesting idea but it never panned out

--->Dave

Thread Information