Contract Pfc?
Create Post

Thread: Contract Pfc?

Marine Friend Free Member RavynPearce's Avatar
    Some where far away where the liqour is always flowing
    Credits
    Savings

Question Contract Pfc?

Are there anyways of leaving boot camp a pfc besides the buddy system thing? i know that if you have a certain amount of credits from college you can but i'm not sure i do have enough and my recruiter is completely vague when i ask detailed questions.

I believe you need 15 credits. I have an associates degree, which is how I went Contract PFC.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh okay well i don't think i have that many, a lot of the guys i know at Camp Allen and Lejune told me about bonuses and the marine college fund thing? do you know anything about that..sorry all the questions, but im shipping out as soon as possible and i find out my date tomorro so when i see my recruiter i can be prepared

You can get two others to enlist.
    You can do your 2 or 3 years of any JROTC program.
    You can have a college degree.
    Im not sure about being an eagle scout.

And while in boot camp you can get meritoriously promoted by being a guide, or squad leader, or excelling in any area.

the buddy system doesnt get you contract PFC. it just means you're going to boot camp with a recruit you know and will most likely be in the same platoon together.

Credits
    Savings
    ahhh i see, well i know a few ppl who actually got pfc by having two ppl sign up with them, but that was awhile back so i don't know. but thank you all for the responses the only other person giving me advice was a capt. from 29 palms and he wasn't too much help information wise!

eagle scout does get you PFC. you can present your recruiter with an official transcript to see if you meet the requirements.

When using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times, it's in the rules.
    And when using rank, capitalize that also.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RavynPearce View Post
    ahhh i see, well i know a few ppl who actually got pfc by having two ppl sign up with them, but that was awhile back so i don't know. but thank you all for the responses the only other person giving me advice was a capt. from 29 palms and he wasn't too much help information wise!

Whats a "ppl"? Is that anything like a "bbl" or a "b1rd"? We do not write on the forums like on Tweeter, Twatter, chat, whatever. We use fully formed, properly spelled words, and grammatically correct sentences. We also capitalize proper nouns and of course always capitalize Marine, Marine Corps, and ranks.

This helps minimize misunderstandings AND gets Poolees prepared for writing official documents in the Corps.

Once you're a Marine, your forum posts will look like alphabet soup, but that is then and this is now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Eagle scout does get you PFC and paid as an E-2 through bootcamp. You really have to screw the pooch bad in boot to not graduate as a PFC if you are an eagle scout. There are no guarantees. You could have a doctorate in space engineering and your dad is a congressman and you walk on water. Screw up in boot and you will graduate as a private.

Thread Information