New IST requirements/minimums
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New IST requirements/minimums

I was informed yesterday that the minimums on the IST have been bumped up. The new requirements are:
    5 Pullups
    60 Crunches
    13:30 run time, I'm not totally sure that the run time is the same, I'll figure it out later today.
    I'm goin up to the twin cities to take my IST for boot camp today, even though I'm not leaving for boot for over 3 weeks, so I'll catch ya all later.

Thats good to hear. We hopefully one day will be Marines and should be held to the highest of standards. Personally I would like to see them as 8 pull ups, 60 sit ups, and a run time of 12:30

You know as sad as this may sound. There are a few guys in DEP right now that swore in the same day I did and cant still not get the minimum 3 pullups, or get the minimum of 50 crunches. In my opinion its rather sad, and I honestly dont believe that they want to become marines, or even better themselves. One of them actually gained 20 lbs in the 6 months he has been in DEP. I swore in the same day as him and i have lost about 10 to 15 lbs. my pullups went from 3 to 9, and my crunches from 44 to 71. So I guess it just takes hard work.

Are you guys serious,wow thats crazy where Im from the run time has to be under 11:30 for males b4 you ****,pull ups are 3 and crunches 60

Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert View Post
    You know as sad as this may sound. There are a few guys in DEP right now that swore in the same day I did and cant still not get the minimum 3 pullups, or get the minimum of 50 crunches. In my opinion its rather sad, and I honestly dont believe that they want to become marines, or even better themselves. One of them actually gained 20 lbs in the 6 months he has been in DEP. I swore in the same day as him and i have lost about 10 to 15 lbs. my pullups went from 3 to 9, and my crunches from 44 to 71. So I guess it just takes hard work.
    Same here. Some of these dickheads dont do a thing. It's pathetic.

You have to remember not everyone that is in the DEP has been athletic their whole life. I'm sure the slackers will change after they hit the yellow foot prints though.

Well they kinda have to because there is no choice from that point on

Actually, you can refuse to train and be dropped.

OK well thats not get all technical here. But why would someone waste time going through the enlistment process and then just want to be dropped

The new reqs are indeed a great sign.

I think that the upped pullups is a great idea, will definitely motivate poolees to work harder at them---I am motivated

I'm sure there is a point in boot camp where everybody wants to quit. I guess that's the point where the strong are separated from the weak.

I see you are going to be in boot camp around the same time as me. But I'm going to Parris Island not Hollywood. Good luck bro!

Quote Originally Posted by eleventen32 View Post
    You have to remember not everyone that is in the DEP has been athletic their whole life.

It really isn't that difficult to get a couple of pull ups. Even if they haven't been athletic

We had a kid dropped from the DEP because he couldn't do 1 pull up. He was in the DEP for 8 months.

He said he was "football player"

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    It really isn't that difficult to get a couple of pull ups. Even if they haven't been athletic

We had a kid dropped from the DEP because he couldn't do 1 pull up. He was in the DEP for 8 months.

He said he was "football player"
    Bruce Lee bench warming football players never count. The individual I am gonna start help PT is the same way, we have been in the DEP for 6 months and cant do a single pull up

Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert View Post
    Bruce Lee bench warming football players never count. The individual I am gonna start help PT is the same way, we have been in the DEP for 6 months and cant do a single pull up
    there are a few poolees at my RSS that still cant even get a pull up flailing their legs and kipping. some poolees just dont show up to pt at all. its a shame some people dont take advantage of the opportunity they have in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by P00LEE View Post
    there are a few poolees at my RSS that still cant even get a pull up flailing their legs and kipping. some poolees just dont show up to pt at all. its a shame some people dont take advantage of the opportunity they have in front of them.
    This statement is very true. Our RSS only has pt the 1st Tuesday and Saturday and the 3rd Tuesday of each month and that is to just make sure we are keeping our selves in shape. I myself workout 4 to 5 days each week before i go to work. I get to the gym or park at 5 am and don't leave to shower till 630 am. So i get about 7 and a half hours of pt a week. which is not bad considering i work full time

Thread Information