Dad's Room - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dad's Room

The DE .45 is a great gun, but I'm looking more towards Home Protection/Conceal-Carry. And, have a very limited wallet. Thus, the lower-end market. I like the Mil-Pro, but it must be a newer generation. Although, the Hi-Point, price-wise, is atracting my attention, as big as it is.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpspapa View Post
    The DE .45 is a great gun, but I'm looking more towards Home Protection/Conceal-Carry. And, have a very limited wallet. Thus, the lower-end market. I like the Mil-Pro, but it must be a newer generation. Although, the Hi-Point, price-wise, is atracting my attention, as big as it is.
    A lot of people knock the Hi- Point, but it is a decent weapon. Life time warranty, built in the U.S.A. It is bulky and you have to be a big guy to carry it concealed.
    Taurus is excellent and they have a line that is easy to conceal. I'm 5'10, 160 lbs and can carry my Taurus concealed and nobody knows I have it. I prefer the Taurus over the Hi-Point hands down.

Just wanted to say a big welcome back to the 2/7!

Served from 95-99 with 1st Platoon and Weapons platoon and there are some of us old folks that tried to keep an eye out on things. This was back in the day when Colonel Hall was a Captain with Fox Company . Motivator!

You have made us, and a greatful nation proud, with the work you did and continue to do.

I offer my sincere e-salute

CPL. L.L. ~ I am so very proud to have you post in this thread. Thank you, Sir, for you service to the great nation of the U.S.A.!!

Then Capt. recently Lt. Col., and who knows..., Full Bird Hall???? That guy has been an excellent Commander for the 2/7th. He sprouted off the need for local air support... And, lo-and-behold- our sons got it. Ooh-Rah!

Love that guy. He moves on to bigger avenues, and may he continue to rise.

May God continue to bless the Corps, and you Cpl. L. L.

Got the Taurus, Millenium Pro .45 at Academy. Frickin local gun shop wanted $40.00 more, so screw them.

Going to get set up with a local shooting range that will also do CCL. Purchased 100 rounds, and can't wait to let 'er rip.

I was originally opting for a 9-mil, but my son (the Marine) said "Go .45. Anything less is girly-man stuff."

Can't say I disagree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpspapa View Post
    I was originally opting for a 9-mil, but my son (the Marine) said "Go .45. Anything less is girly-man stuff."
    He certainly has a point!

When my Marine left home, to head back to 'base,' he peeled-off, burning rubber big time.

Now, one month later (plus), those burn-out marks are still there.

And, every time I pull up to the house, I see them, and think of him,.... always.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hi fellow Dad's!

Any of you guys have a son that is in the process of trying to become an 0321 Reconnaissance Marine?

My son just shipped-out (9) days ago to Boot Camp at MCRD San Diego with a UZ contract....MOS 0321 Reconnaissance Marine...

He trained HARD for (4) solid months before shipping.....currently runs a 289 PFT and swims like a fish.....he had a 91 ASVAB score with a 130 GT line-score.....

I think he has a GREAT shot at making it!!!

I haven't discussed this with him, but if for some reason he does not make Recon, he'll go to the Fleet as an 0311 Rifleman and either:

A) Try-out again for Recon in a year or so, or....

B) Lat Move into EOD after he makes Corporal.....with a 91 ASVAB and
    130 GT line-score, EOD would probably love to have a very intelligent Marine with close to a 300 PFT!

(OK, I'm done braggin' on him now!!! HA!)

Thread Information