IRR Military Reserve ID Card
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IRR Military Reserve ID Card

I received an email today from MOCOM reminding me to get a current IRR Military ID Card. So once I get this card, am I allowed to go on base, shop, gym use, etc. or is it just a card with no base perks? I thought they said in TAPS that we were no longer authorized a Military ID and lose base privileges?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT VAS View Post
    I received an email today from MOCOM reminding me to get a current IRR Military ID Card. So once I get this card, am I allowed to go on base, shop, gym use, etc. or is it just a card with no base perks?
    Yes, you will have the same benefits with the exception of medical care.

Kick A$$. I have been a moron paying for a gym membership and getting raped out in the civilian world with grocery prices / supplements. Thanks for the quick reply Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT VAS View Post
    Kick A$$. I have been a moron paying for a gym membership and getting raped out in the civilian world with grocery prices / supplements. Thanks for the quick reply Marine.
    No worries.
    Anything to help a brother.

Wish i knew that back when. I remember they told us in TAPS that it DID NOT entitle us to the base exchanges or commissary. Ohh Well....

It looks like the old green military ID cards.
    Green = Full Privilege.

I go on the AF Base here ever now and then to shop.

How does one obtain one of these IDs? All I have is my VA ID, and most civilians don't recognize that as a "government-issued ID".

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeaud View Post
    How does one obtain one of these IDs? All I have is my VA ID, and most civilians don't recognize that as a "government-issued ID".

I bet if you filled out your profile someone will help you out even more than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeaud View Post
    Un-jack your profile.

Any military installation that issues government ID cards.
    Show your DD 214, member copy 4 I believe, at the gate and tell them why.

Took me 10 minutes.

I was working as a civilian contractor and had to get a civilian CAC card and we were at a Marine Reserve base so I turned my old active duty CAC in and got my IRR card made for me.

Thanks for your help, guys!!

Certain state National Guard Units, MEPS, and any active base in your area will be able to get you an IRR ID card made.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CPL Nelly View Post
    Certain state National Guard Units, MEPS, and any active base in your area will be able to get you an IRR ID card made.
    love your signature Nelly lol.

Now out of curiousity, basically the only reason I am resurecting a dead thread, do you think they will make me shave for the picture for the IRR ID? Because I haven't shaved once since I got out back in March of '09 and I don't plan on starting now, lol.

Thread Information