Enlisting.
Create Post

Thread: Enlisting.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Enlisting.

I have a concern. Four years ago right after high school I was enlisting in the Marine Corps at the age of 17, I swore in and was processed, I had my ship date. I did not end up leaving to basic training due to trust and errors with the recruiter. Now I want to enlist, give it a chance once again. Can the past processing interfere with the present of wanting to join again?

When you say you did not end up leaving, is that because you just did not show up? How did that come about.

I have known of situations similar wherein they received a general discharge. More information about your situation might help somebody give you a better answer.

On the other hand, what does your recruiter say?

Credits
    Savings
    I was picked up the morning of my ship date and did not leave to MEPS to head down to MCRD San Deigo. I did not go due to my enlisting package changing drastically from when I swore in. The recruiter at the did not threaten me just gave me the option to ship later that week. At this moment I have not contacted a recruiter to join again.

So when he gave you the option to ship later that week, you basically walked away and never returned?

Quite frankly, I would recommend that you go to another recruiter, lay it out for him, and see where the chips fall.

If I were in his shoes, I would automatically be suspect that if you did it once, what is to say you will not do it again, so be prepared to outline how you have changed (don't dump on the last recruiter) and what is different about you such that you have matured to the point that you are ready to accept the challenge.

Credits
    Savings
    The recruiter and I did end on bad terms, he's no longer the recruiting station where I enlisted. I do understand there can be some hesitance from the new recruiter regrading the past event. Should I go to another office not the orginal one where the recruiter was? Could it affect my enlistment?

Orly28, if you are dealing with a new recruiter, the same office is probably fine, unless you have a concern there are some recruiters there who were there at the time you originally attempted to enlist. Otherwise, go to a different office if that makes you more comfortable.

Could it affect your enlistment? I don't know.

This is just MY opinion, and now I'll leave it up to somebody else to weigh in on the subject. I still think you will need to talk to a recruiter to find out if it will have any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by orly28 View Post
    I have a concern. Four years ago right after high school I was enlisting in the Marine Corps at the age of 17, I swore in and was processed, I had my ship date. I did not end up leaving to basic training due to trust and errors with the recruiter. Now I want to enlist, give it a chance once again. Can the past processing interfere with the present of wanting to join again?
    It would be boot camp leave the basic training for the army, we continue to fix their mistakes since 1775,Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information