Spouse insurance during boot camp
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Spouse insurance during boot camp

My husband, Andrew J Nutter, is a recruit at MCRD San Diego, set to graduate August 7, 2009. We were told by his recruiter that we (meaning my son and I) would be covered by military insurance starting his first day of boot camp (May 11th). So far we haven't received any information regarding insurance. I've contacted AJ's recruiter, GySgt, and even his Senior DI. So far no luck. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions on who I could contact to get this cleared up. Thanks for anything you may be able to offer.

Deanna

Credits
    Savings
    You contacted his Senior Drill Instructor, that was a good move. I'm surprised they didn't put AJ on the phone so you could work it out in a conference call, maybe suggest that next time.

In all seriousness, please don't call his Drill Instructors anymore, that could make his time at the Recruit Depot a little harder. Any questions you have should at this point be addressed to his recruiters. They are extremely busy so keep calling until one has time to fully answer your questions. I don't have any first hand knowledge on your situation but hopefully one of the Marine spouses in here can hook you up. Good Luck.

I'm not sure that's entirely true.

In my experience, we had to sign up for Tri-Care and it was a small out-of-pocket expense for our son. But, there was definitly paper-work we had to fill out.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    In all seriousness, please don't call his Drill Instructors anymore, that could make his time at the Recruit Depot a little harder.
    Haha, it "could" make his time there "a little" harder? That gets my vote for understatement of the month! That poor bastard's probably still in the pit!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 3522 View Post
    Haha, it "could" make his time there "a little" harder? That gets my vote for understatement of the month! That poor bastard's probably still in the pit!
    I'm still laughing, what was I going to say 'He's probably going to be famous as the recruit whose wife called the SDI and the last time they saw him was on an endless Island Hopping Campaign'

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I know talking to his SDI would make it tough on him which is why I only emailed him twice over a 5 week period and watched what I said. And the second one, I apologized for bugging him so much.

I just talked to his recruiter again and he told me to call or go to the near by base and see if we're registered in DEERS. Turns out, we are so now the problem is just getting the military ID card, I think. This is all really confusing and new to me.

Credits
    Savings
    I'm sure it's very confusing for you and all the rules and regulations can be hard to understand at first. Hang in there, try asking for advice from some of the Marine spouses here and if you do have a military base close to you ask for advice from the family support center. You will need to find out all the requirements/restrictions that DEERS places on it's members so that you can properly use your insurance and not encounter unneeded out of pocket expenses.

Thread Information