Desert gortex
Create Post

Thread: Desert gortex

Desert gortex

Hey guys. So a bunch of guys in my Reserve Unit just got back from Iraq and a lot of them are sporting a new digital desert gortex. Thing is hot and has a built in neck cover as well and I am just curious as to where I would be able to purchase this. I've checked Sgt Grit.com but I didnt find this or anything real gear related stuff. I'm just curious as to what sites you all use around here when ordering your stuff. Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Have you checked ebay? Seems like there's plenty of guys selling their stuff there when they get out.

Don't think the desert gortex would be buyable on ebay unless they've personally bought it, since it is an issued item from SIF/Supply. I've wanted to buy them too since I saw a Gunnery Sergeant wear his around and they've looked awesome. I know we can get regular woodland gortex from the clothing store, I haven't checked the new one yet to see if they've got some deserts in stock.

Holy crap, is this stuff gold-plated? http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=mar...etex&_osacat=0

Quote Originally Posted by 3522 View Post
    Holy crap, is this stuff gold-plated? http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=mar...etex&_osacat=0
    Very few are released for civilian purchase.
    Those that are have to be authorized by the USMC, as "factory seconds" meaning they aren't up to USMC standard.
    The USMC is stingy about who they release their pattern to.
    AFMO has them on occasion.

BTW there was a reversible Desert Goretex from desert storm timeframe that Marines didn't get issued.

I Still Got Mine

I still gone my gortex and some other cool gear from SIF from back in 02, lets just say I knew a few people and some gear exchanges, and some sweet talking can go a long way

Must be nice. I'm in Iraq still sporting the green trash...

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Must be nice. I'm in Iraq still sporting the green trash...
    It's one of those things you have to blame your command for if you don't get them.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Digital, desert gortex??? Sounds like long-john's! Body armor? Does it have pockets? Can I keep some mag's in it? How about M-26's? I'm lost....AGAIN!!.....DOC

rainy day

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Digital, desert gortex??? Sounds like long-john's! Body armor? Does it have pockets? Can I keep some mag's in it? How about M-26's? I'm lost....AGAIN!!.....DOC
    shi$ Doc I love my gortex, best damn piece of gear I own for a rainy day in the timber, cant say anything about the new digital gortex though, don't have one of those. I hear its pretty much the same as the old one's though

I've got 2 green goretex, but no desert. One was a gift, the other I picked up, brand new, in a San Antonio thrift store for exactly .99 cents from the 'raincoat' rack. After my military discount, it cost me a quarter.

Thread Information