Questions concerning fake Marines
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Questions concerning fake Marines

Hello, the gym I have been frequenting is getting some renovations done. Since the trainers who work with me there know that I am preparing to join the Marine Corps, they pointed out one of the workers who was helping them do the floor was a "Marine." After talking with him for about 10 minutes I really started to question him being a Marine at all. He claims to be a retired Colonel, yet he seems to young to have been in the corps 20+ years. I asked him his MoS and instead of a numerical answer like I've gotten from almost every other marine, he said "Logistics officer" and after that he told me that " he cant tell me what he did." Further more the past few days I've seen him hes always wearing Army shirts, I've never seen him with any USMC apparel which is also odd, because almost every retired Marine I know wear USMC stuff almost religiously. What should I do? I feel like hes exploiting a possible lie. Even though I am not a Marine yet, I also see it as being possibly very disrespectful.

well you cannot report him anymore but you could call him out or just forget about him. If you can prove he was not a Marine then you could also tell the trainers that he is a phoney

"I can't tell you what I did" is the first indicator of a complete fraud. Can't imagine a logistics officer (can you say bean counter?) doing much to brag about anyway.

A Marine (retired, reserve, or whatever) would never be caught dead with anything Army on their body. I go to a gym and nobody there has any doubt which branch I served in. There is a USMCR company here so several reservists work out there as well (I know them all and they know me).

Personally, in these type situations, I do let the individual know I can tell they are blowing smoke. Usually, that is enough to shut them up and there is no reason to take it any further.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post

"I can't tell you what I did" is the first indicator of a complete fraud.
    Can't imagine a logistics officer (can you say bean counter?) doing much to brag about anyway.

A Marine (retired, reserve, or whatever) would never be caught dead with anything Army on their body.

I go to a gym and nobody there has any doubt which branch I served in. There is a USMCR company here so several reservists work out there as well (I know them all and they know me).

Personally, in these type situations, I do let the individual know I can tell they are blowing smoke. Usually, that is enough to shut them up and there is no reason to take it any further.
    AGREED TOP !

No dis respect for or to the army,,,,,,,...
    But i don't know of many Marines who
    would wear ArmyT-Shirts even if they
    were passing them out for free.......
    (maybe there are exceptions ) But i think they
    all died about the same time as did the Do-Do birds.

I am one of those exceptions...but that's because I spent some time in the National Guard and still have pride for my Army roots...

My personal opinion is if you have not served, and/or not in the Marine Corps - then you really don't rate calling somebody out. Wonder all you want. But, for all you know the person could be playing with you, maybe not. But my point is when you have earned the title, then you can worry about posers. They are a dime a dozen.

I agree with the Wookie. Handling a poser or confronting a poser without adequate knowledge isn't easy without knowing facts to back up your argument.

I hate a poser, and eventually they trip themselves up.

Thread Information