What are you doing now. - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Who has been through this course????

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Bob correct on the pig deal asked a friend of mine who son is in Med school it seems the pig is the closest thing to a human as far as the insides go. Now an't that a crock. Who would have guessed that one.

Has anyone out there been through this course with live pigs? I don't mean those human pigs we all know.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc987332 View Post
    Has anyone out there been through this course with live pigs? I don't mean those human pigs we all know.
    Bob

I think this is something brand new. Dave posted a link

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ach-first-aid/

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Bob

Thanks, Haven't checked for a new link since I last talked to him.

Don't remember if it was prior to, during or after Mojave Viper that my nephew had to deal with live/almost live pigs prior to deploying to Afghanistan. His pig was shot - - they had it breathing and heart working ok - - SgtMaj came along shot it again - - got the pig going again - -you get the picture. He said it was VERY realistic training for battle field situation.

Do gooders don't like it, but it saves Marine lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks, Haven't checked for a new link since I last talked to him.

No problem.... BTW great Jefferson quote. How true but how many do not see? Countless many unfortunately

Got all wrapped up in PIGS - - didn't say what I've been doing.

Took my early/ancient electronics training from the Corps and parlayed it into an outstanding career with HAL. Twas an easy transition from vacuum tubes and sign waves to transistors and square waves. Spent all but three of my years in management. Total time was 28 years 10 months. Moved all over the USA chasing that dream. Wow, what a ride. Good news is I didn't have the same job for those years. Changed functions approx each 2 years. Last assignment was managing Management Development. Even did some consulting on the side. It finally happened - - burn out. I retired at 51.5 years of age and have never looked back. Each month when my check hits the bank, we are even.

After I moved to NW TN, I told my accountant to declare me out of business. I had been running thru airports and living out of a suitcase for too many years. I still enjoy the occasional class work helping out at the local college, but still find it difficult dealing with folks that really don't want to be there.

"You ask what time it is and I've told you how a clock works." LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by bucksgted View Post
    Don't remember if it was prior to, during or after Mojave Viper that my nephew had to deal with live/almost live pigs prior to deploying to Afghanistan. His pig was shot - - they had it breathing and heart working ok - - SgtMaj came along shot it again - - got the pig going again - -you get the picture. He said it was VERY realistic training for battle field situation.

Do gooders don't like it, but it saves Marine lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I understand these pigs are sedated and never feel anything. Apparently the substance used to make sure the pigs do not suffer is so strong they dispose of the pigs because it is probably not safe to comsume the pigs.

Bob

My grandson, Chris, avows this has been his best learning experience since entering the Corps. Be sure to read the above.

Thanks Dan. That is better than the article I read.

I hope the Corps dosen't cave in to the pressure.

Went in as a welder (MOS 1316), surprised myself by using my G.I. Bill to get my Bachelor's of Science in Physics back in 1996, then used 2 Computer Elective courses from college to land my first programming job. Today, I am a Senior Software Developer. Who would have thought?

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Went in as a welder (MOS 1316), surprised myself by using my G.I. Bill to get my Bachelor's of Science in Physics back in 1996, then used 2 Computer Elective courses from college to land my first programming job. Today, I am a Senior Software Developer. Who would have thought?
    I know what you mean. I would have never thought in a million years I'd end up with a degree in Chemistry -- the one subject that scared the bejeebers out of me! I was only 6 credits shy of a minor in Physics but had to graduate some time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bob

"Animal labs" are not uncommon in the military. When I was a paramedic (mid-1980s), I was invited to participate in a "goat lab" sponsored by the AF pararescue unit at my old Air Guard base. They were specifically going to train in tracheotomies and cricothyrotomies. Evidently goat tracheas are anatomically very similar to human tracheas.

The goats would be anesthetized by a veterinarian first, and humanely put to sleep afterward.

Unfortunately, I could not adjust my police work schedule to attend the lab. I was bummed.

...and don't forget the documentary "Men Who Stare At Goats"

Work at an oil refinery here in Utah luckily. Very hard to get a good paying job after being an 0811 artillery cannoneer as the "opportunities" for firing cannons in the civilian world are very limited LOL. SEMPER FI MARINES!!!!!!

What are you doing now?

I'm searching the Internet.Moncler clothingTrue Religion

Credits
    Savings
    Met my wife while at Lejeune. Came back to eastern N.C when I left Oki and we married. Been in this area ever since.
    Been married 13 years, separated and reconciled with two curtain climbers.
    When I got out I tried turning wrenches for a bit. Decided the pay sucked and the tools cost a fortune. Tried car sales. Did very well, but couldn't stand selling people what I knew they really couldn't afford. A friend suggested insurance, so I decided what the heck. That lasted a year and I decided that I really didn't like it so I became a truck driver.
    Truth be told, our marriage was so bad I just wanted away from the woman. The job actually saved the marriage. After several years of long haul I landed a job with an international company that has a terminal near home that allows me to be home just about every day, or night. Been here 4 1/2 years. The move has been great for the family having dad around. It has also allowed me to get 2 1/2 years of ministry school in and serve in multiple areas in our church.
    If it wasn't for the Corps, I never would of gotten out of western PA.

Thread Information