What MOS should i try for?
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

What MOS should i try for?

I would like a MOS that travels alot and goes to many different countries. Something that you have to think about with some physical work but is not just manual labor.

Infantry it is.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I would like a MOS that i could get some experience that would help me in the future.

Aviation anything.

Aviation, avionics, electronics, etc. Look for skilled trades if you want something that transfers out into the civilian world. I heavily considered doing something like that when I first enlisted but thanked myself for going infantry instead. I don't think I could have stomached having a "day job" while serving in the Marine Corps. A lot of people do it and love it though, just depends on what you are looking for while in.

There is nothing "day job" about being in the wing. We worked insane hours a lot of the time because someone needed to transport the grunts around when they needed it.

Meteorology, air traffic control are two I can think of. You would have a job after the Corps.

Every Marine that I've ran into that was either an emberker or some other type of logistics MOS seemed to travel alot, and such MOS could benefit you after the corps. Of course, depending on what you want to do after the corps.

Supply takes you where ever there are Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by CPL Nelly View Post
    There is nothing "day job" about being in the wing. We worked insane hours a lot of the time because someone needed to transport the grunts around when they needed it.
    I wasn't to implying that with wing, pardon the misunderstanding. I was referring to skilled trade jobs.

Thread Information