Plans change all the time
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Plans change all the time

Is it normal to have plans change all the time? My husband is suppose to be going to MOS school right now. After combat school they had him do guard duty for a month, he got to 29 Palms last week and was told that the rest of the company is going to show up periodically through the week and on Monday they will move from the receiving bay to his permanent housing for schooling. Well he was told yesterday he wasn't moving and will probably be in the receiving bay for three more months.

Is this a normal thing to expect? Are they always this unorganized?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Marines are not disorganized.

They are building character.

... and of course it is natural, this is the Maureen Corpes way.

Credits
    Savings
    Well when no one ever has any idea what is going on from day to day I call unorganized. You can call it whatever you would like.

I'm guessing that when you said "... and of course it is natural, this is the Maureen Corpes way." you meant is is the Marine Corps way?

Actually ma'am, with all due respect, the Marine Corps knows exactly what its doing. They've been doing it for 235 years. There's a reason for everything the USMC does and if you don't know why, it's above your pay grade.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by rbigham View Post
    Well when no one ever has any idea what is going on from day to day I call unorganized. You can call it whatever you would like.

I'm guessing that when you said "... and of course it is natural, this is the Maureen Corpes way." you meant is is the Marine Corps way?
    You just as well get used to it being anyway you wish to call it, cause that's the way it'll be. There'll be a lot of hurry up and wait, for both of you.

Spouse's Name PVC Mathew Bigham
    Your husband, he's a PVC?

... also, sorry for my spelling, I meant Maureen Corpse.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by tangovictor87 View Post
    Actually ma'am, with all due respect, the Marine Corps knows exactly what its doing. They've been doing it for 235 years. There's a reason for everything the USMC does and if you don't know why, it's above your pay grade.

Exactly, 'yours is not to reason why, .......'.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post

Your husband, he's a PVC?

... also, sorry for my spelling, I meant Maureen Corpse.
    Maybe he's Polyvinyl Chlorinated?

Credits
    Savings
    I don't mean any disrespect at all. I do apologize if I came off in that way. I'm just frustrated. I do appreciate all your comments. Thank you for all that you have done for the country and I do appreciate it!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    One thing you might want to start keeping in mind. He is no longer your husband first. He is a Marine first and the Corps comes before all others. He is government property and you are just additional baggage. Congrats to him and good luck getting used to being a Marine wife.

The Marine Corps is not unorganized and it not a democracy. We know exactly what we are doing and why. Yours is not to question why but to do. End of discussion.

Welcome to the Maureen Corpes.

Is it normal to have plans change all the time? My husband is suppose to be going to MOS school right now. After combat school they had him do guard duty for a month, he got to 29 Palms last week and was told that the rest of the company is going to show up periodically through the week and on Monday they will move from the receiving bay to his permanent housing for schooling. Well he was told yesterday he wasn't moving and will probably be in the receiving bay for three more months.

Is this a normal thing to expect? Are they always this unorganized?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    what is his mos?

Credits
    Savings
    "this is the Maureen Corpes way."

I'm a little slow and just got this. Sorry for the confusion! Thanks for all your comments.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Remember the OTHER Marine Corps Motto: Semper Gumby. Always Flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
    One thing you might want to start keeping in mind. He is no longer your husband first. He is a Marine first and the Corps comes before all others. He is government property and you are just additional baggage. Congrats to him and good luck getting used to being a Marine wife.
    Now I remember why I decided not to make a career of the Marine Corps.

yes things change constintaly, you'll be prepared fofr one thing and BAM it changes. There's a LOT of hurry up and wait, then all the sudden it goes SUPER FAST! There's lots of plans that get altered, lots of leave that gets approved then denied, etc. Sometimes its hard to plan, but its all worth it. Where else do you get 30 days leave a year? 96's all the time? full health care for the entire family...AND dental? What other place pays for your home and all utilities? Yes there's up and downs...but there is in EVERY career its a hard adjustment at first. Be prepared to get REAL frusterated. Just don't take it out on your man, but he has no choose and you showing irritating only makes him upset, but he can't control anything and there's nothing worse than coming home to a wife whose bi*ching about something he can't control. If you have any other questions let me know. I've been through just about every Marine Wife circumstance.....well a lot of them anyways LOL welcome to the family

Thread Information